Allows users to share & promote your store products with their WhatsApp contacts, groups and broadcast lists to increase the store visits & conversions.
OverviewBack to top
Marketing on the right platform in front of right audience benefits the business and WhatsApp is one such powerful platform! WhatsApp dominates the social media and promoting your business on such a platform helps to advertise your products in front of potential customers and thus increases traffic. E-commerce store owners can take the maximum benefit of WhatsApp platform to increase sales.
Meetanshi has developed WhatsApp Share for Magento to allow store visitors to share products with their WhatsApp contacts, groups and broadcast lists. This helps bringing more visits to the store that can lead to more conversions.
Visitors can click on WhatsApp Share button either from the category or from the product page to share the product details such as product name, price, short description, discount coupon, special price and URL on Whatsapp with the help of WhatsApp Share extension for Magento. Such a feature enables promoting your products for free of cost without having to do any marketing efforts!
Account and Pricing
To commence using the extension, admin doesn't require any separate WhatsApp account but frontend users must have WhatsApp enabled devices to share products from the frontend. Your users can download WhatsApp for FREE from Google Play Store or Apple App store and it doesn't charge any additional fees.
Account for Google Analytics and Bitly may also be required. Please see below for sign up and pricing information for Google Analytics and Bitly.
UTM Tracking in Google Analytics
The module is an ultimate marketing tool that allows tracking visits and conversions made through WhatsApp shared URLs in Google Analytics. You need to enable UTM tracking from the backend. Simply add UTM tracking source, medium and campaign and the extension will add the tracking code with URL while sharing. Once it's setup, sign up for FREE Google Analytics account to integrate analytics into your website. Once you have properly integrated Google Analytics into your website, you can get the complete analysis of the visits and conversions made through WhatsApp Share extension in Google Analytics under "Campaign" tab.
Using Bitly URL Shortener
The extension facilitates to share shorter product URLs by enabling Bitly. Simply register an account for FREE with Bitly, get the login name and API, add the same to the extension configuration and done, all the product URLs shared through WhatsApp will be automatically shortened.
How does the WhatsApp Share extension for Magento work?
Enable the module from the backend, select the option for which you want to enable the extension and set whether to show share button on the category page or not. If you choose to enable it for specific category or products, you need to enable WhatsApp Share option from the both. Select button type, add a custom sharing message and enable details such as product name, description, price, special price, discount coupon to share. Also, configure the UTM Tracking and Bitly Short URL settings.
Once configured, the WhatsApp share button gets displayed on the category page as well as the product page. On the click of this button, the users get redirected to WhatsApp from where they can share product details to their WhatsApp contacts.
The extension doesn't directly integrate with Google Analytics, but if you have integrated Google Analytics with your website and UTM tracking enabled for WhatsApp Share, you can track the visits and conversions made through WhatsApp Share under "Campaign" tab in Google Analytics.
To commence using Bitly short URLs, you need to create a FREE account with Bitly and get the login name and API key. After you have enabled short URLs using Bitly for WhatsApp Share, all the shared product URLs get shortened automatically before sharing.
Benefits of Choosing Meetanshi's WhatsApp Share extension for Magento:
- Allows customers to enable and share all the product details like product name, short description, price, discounts and special price if available, URL, etc.
- You can opt to enable the module globally, category-specific or product specific.
- While choosing category or product specific WhatsApp share option, admin can enable the extension from particular category or products.
- Enable or disable the sharing button to be displayed on the category page.
- WhatsApp Sharing button has two types to choose from icon or image.
- Setup special price or discount coupon for the visitors who purchase through the WhatsApp sharing link.
- Customize messages for the special price and discount coupon before sharing products with offers and discount deals.
- Enable the UTM tracking code, set source, medium, and campaign. If you have integrated Google Analytics with your Magento 2 store, you can analyze the visits and conversions from the WhatsApp shared link in Google Analytics under "Campaign" tab.
- Register with Bitly for FREE to get the API key and login name. Once enabled, the product URLs shared through WhatsApp Share extension will automatically be shortened using the Bitly.
- Supports products sharing from app as well as WhatsApp web.
Like all our Extensions, WhatsApp Share Extension also comes with:
- Free Lifetime Updates
- Moneyback Guarantee
- Multi-Store Supported
- 100% Open Source
Visit WhatsApp Share Extension Live Demo:
- Back-end | Just select "WhatsApp Share" from the Username drop-down to log in.
- Front-end | Configure the extension from back-end first as per your requirements to see it in action.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build
Initial Release 1.0.0