YUP Payments integrates Magento 2 with Africa's YUP payment gateway, a mobile money solution, to accept secure online payments.
OverviewBack to top
YUP Payment Gateway makes it possible to offer transactional and financial services to customers, irrespective of having a bank account or not. Partnership with Tagpay, a French fintech, and Societe Generale as a shareholder, YUP payment gateway service enable to accept secure online payments from the customers of Ivory Coast, Senegal, Burkina Faso, and Cameroon. Integrating this Africa's popular YUP payment gateway with Magento 2 enables secure online payment process. Thus, Meetanshi has developed YUP Payments for Magento 2.
The extension allows admin to capture secure payments from the customers using the YUP payment gateway integration with Magento 2. With the hosted payment method, ultimate security is ensured for the process.
With YUP Payments for Magento 2, customers are capable to pay online using any type of mobile phone of any telecom operator. With the real-time, mobile-centric, and open architecture payment method used by 30,000 members and 600 agents, target a wide customer base for your Magento 2 store!
Account and Pricing
To commence using YUP payments for Magento 2, Create a FREE merchant account in YUP. Integrate Magento 2 store with the payment gateway using the merchant ID and Gateway URL received during the registration. You need to contact the YUP API providers for the pricing plans.
How Does the Extension Work?
Enable the extension from the backend. Set the custom title of the payment method for the frontend display. Enable the option to show the YUP logo in the frontend. Enable the sandbox mode for testing. Enter the merchant ID. Also, enter the gateway URL provided by the YUP payment gateway. Select the applicable countries to allow using this payment method. Admin can enter an additional message to show it on the checkout page.
On the checkout page, once the customer selects YUP payments and continues to payment, he is redirected to the YUP Payment gateway. Here, the secret code has to be entered and confirmed. The customer has to request the verification code on the registered mobile number. The payment is confirmed only after entering the received authentication number. The payment details can be seen once the payment is confirmed.
The customers can also check the payment details in the "My Account" section. Moreover, the admin can check these details in the Order View backend.
To learn more about how the extension works, read our YUP Payments for Magento 2 User Guide.
Using the YUP payment method, whenever customers add products to cart and proceed to checkout, they get redirected to the hosted payment gateway page to enter the security code, confirm payments using the verification code received in the registered mobile number and place the order. The whole payment process is hosted by the YUP Payment Gateway, and customers' card details are never stored in Magento 2 server, and thus it ensures a secured payment process.
- Admin can accept secure online payments in Magento 2 store.
- Display the payment method in the frontend with a custom title.
- At the checkout page, display the payment method with YUP payment gateway logo.
- Offers sandbox mode to test the payment process.
- Admin can offer the YUP Payments for Magento 2 to selected countries.
- Display additional details in the Magento 2 checkout page.
- The extension offers secure payments as the customers are redirected to the hosted payment method.
- A verification code is sent to the registered mobile number to confirm and complete the payments.
- After the order success, the customers can check the YUP payment details in their "My Account" section.
- Admin can check the YUP payment details in Sales > Orders > Order View section in the backend.
- The YUP Payment method is available in Ivory Coast, Senegal, Burkina Faso, and Cameroon.
- Owing to the popularity of the YUP payment gateway in Ivory Coast, Senegal, Burkina Faso, and Cameroon which can be known from statistics of 30,000 members and 600 agents; the store can target such a wide customer base!
Like all our Extensions, this extension also comes with:
- Free Lifetime Support
- Free Lifetime Updates
- Moneyback Guarantee
- Multi-Store Supported
- 100% Open Source
We are unable to prepare the Live demo for YUP Payment as they don't provide sandbox details to place test orders.
If you have any questions about this extension, you can Contact Us, and we reply you back within a few hours.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build