Whatsapp Share for Magento 2 allows your store visitors to share the store products with WhatsApp contacts, groups and broadcast lists to boost visits and conversions.
OverviewBack to top
WhatsApp is a popular messaging app. According to TechCrunch, WhatsApp now has 1.5 billion users and sees 60 billion messages sent per day. It shows that WhatsApp can serve as an effective marketing platform if used thoughtfully! Meetanshi has come up with the WhatsApp Share extension for Magento 2 that lets visitors share the Magento 2 store products to their friends and family via WhatsApp. Using the module, you can promote your products free of cost!
WhatsApp Share for Magento 2 is what you need for more conversions with minimum marketing investment! Let the store visitors share the products of their interest along with the description, name, price, discount, special price, URL etc.to their loved ones via WhatsApp. In such a way, your products will be promoted in front of potential customers in a right way! They'll be prompted to visit your store. Moreover, they'll trust your store because it is suggested by their friends or a family member.
The module supports product sharing to WhatsApp contacts, groups as well as broadcast lists. The visitor can use the app or the web version of the WhatsApp. Moreover, the admin can track the traffic gained by WhatsApp with the help of Google Analytics, through enabling the UTM Tracking code in the URL.
Use WhatsApp Share for Magento 2 and enjoy more conversions with zero marketing efforts!
Account and Pricing
To start using the extension, the admin is not required to have a separate WhatsApp account. However, the frontend users must have WhatsApp enabled devices to share products from the frontend. Your users can download WhatsApp for FREE from Google Play Store or Apple App store free of cost.
Accounts for Google Analytics and Bitly may also be required to avail the tracking and sharing short URL features. Please see below for sign up and pricing information for the same.
UTM Tracking in Google Analytics
The module is an ultimate marketing tool that allows tracking visits and conversions made through WhatsApp shared URLs in Google Analytics. You need to enable UTM tracking from the backend. All you have to do is add UTM tracking source, medium and campaign and the extension will add the tracking code with URL while sharing. Once it's setup, sign up for FREE Google Analytics account to integrate analytics into your website. Once you have integrated Google Analytics into your website the right way, you can get the complete analysis of the visits and conversions made through WhatsApp Share extension in Google Analytics under "Campaign" tab.
Using Bitly URL Shortener
The WhatsApp Share for Magento 2 allows sharing shorter product URLs by enabling Bitly. Simply register an account for FREE with Bitly, get the login name and API, add the same to the extension configuration and you're set, all the product URLs shared through WhatsApp will be automatically shortened.
How does the WhatsApp Share for Magento 2 work?
Enable the extension from the backend. Select the option for which you want to enable the extension and set whether to show share button on the category page or not. Select button type, add a custom sharing message and enable product name, description, price, special price, discount coupon to share. Apart from these, configure the UTM Tracking and Bitly Short URL settings.
After you configure these settings, the WhatsApp Share button will be displayed on the category and the product page. The user will be redirected to their WhatsApp Contacts to share the product details on the click of the share button.
Note: The module doesn't directly integrate with Google Analytics, but if you have integrated Google Analytics with your website and UTM tracking is enabled for WhatsApp Share, you can track the traffic and conversions made through WhatsApp Share under "Campaign" tab in Google Analytics.
To avail the Bitly short URLs sharing feature of the module, create a FREE account with Bitly and get the login name and API key. After you have enabled short URLs using Bitly for WhatsApp Share, all the shared product URLs get shortened automatically before sharing.
To learn more about how the extension works, read our WhatsApp Share for Magento 2 User guide.
Benefits of choosing Meetanshi's WhatsApp Share for Magento 2:
- Allow visitors to share your products along with the description, name, price, discount, special price, URL, etc. with their WhatsApp contacts.
- Allows admin to enable or disable the extension in 3 ways: globally, product specific or category specific.
- Allow displaying the sharing button only on product pages by disabling it on the category page.
- Choose WhatsApp share icon or image to show in frontend.
- Encourage visitors to visit and purchase store products by easily sharing coupon code or special price of the products.
- Customize the message for the discount coupon code and special price.
- Enable UTM tracking code to analyze the traffic from WhatsApp share in Google Analytics.
- The extension facilitates to share short URLs using bit.ly.
- The extension supports both the mobile app and web version of the WhatsApp.
- Additionally to WhatsApp one to one contacts, share Magento 2 store products with Whatsapp groups and broadcast lists as well.
Like all our Extensions, WhatsApp Share Extension also comes with:
- Free Lifetime Updates
- Moneyback Guarantee
- Multi-Store Supported
- 100% Open Source
Visit WhatsApp Share Extension Live Demo:
- Back-end | Just select "WhatsApp Share" from the Username drop-down to log in.
- Front-end | Configure the extension from back-end first as per your requirements to see it in action.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 2.1 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build