OverviewBack to top
KNET is Kuwait's leading payment gateway mostly used and preferred by people of Kuwait while making online transactions. The payment solution was introduced in 2004 to allow accepting secure online payments for the products and services. KNET accepts all the debit cards issued by the member banks of Kuwait. The KNET Payment Gateway supports the latest PCI DSS compliance to send transaction data in an encrypted format to the payment gateway.
KNET Payments by Meetanshi integrates the KNET payment gateway (direct service) with Magento 2 to accept secure online payments through debit cards. The KNET Payment Gateway only provides the facility to capture payments using debit cards.
Capture secure online payments with the help of the hosted payment page. With such a safe payment facility, win your customers' trust and enhance the customer experience of your store. The customers are not required to enter or store the credit card details in the Magento 2 store or server for security purpose and hence the extension meets the SAQ A level of PCI compliance.
Account & Pricing
As KNET gateway doesn't provide direct service to merchants, to commence using KNET payment gateway in Magento 2, you need to contact to KNET for registration with any of the member banks. Integrate Magento 2 store with the KNET payment gateway using the API and documentation received during the registration. Additional fees may apply which can vary from bank to bank. You need to contact KNET for pricing plans.
Registration Process for Integration
After the successful signup, merchants have to go through a certification process which usually takes a maximum of 2 weeks of testing. Apart from this certification, merchants have to obtain a digital certificate from the authorities. After the certification process, KNET sends the notification to the acquiring bank with the result and the date from when the merchant can start using Knet payment gateway in their websites.
Technical Requirements for the KNET Payments:
Secured Web/Application Server
Merchants need to get certified from the authority to allow E-commerce transactions in their stores.
A valid SSL certificate in order to integrate the extension and use the payment gateway. Below are the valid SSL certificate issuers for KNET to accept the transactions:
Security Configuration and PCI Compliance
As the authorization details like passwords are sent to merchant's web servers, KNET only accepts https communication between the merchant web stores and KNET Payment Gateway using Port: 443.
How Does The Extension Work?
To accept payments with KNET Payments extension, you need to enable the extension, set the custom title of the payment method, enable sandbox mode if required, enter the transportal ID, transportal password and terminal resource key received while registration with the KNET. Set the language of the payment, enable auto-invoice, and select the countries to allow using the payment method. Enter sort order of the payment method and save the configuration.
When the customers add products to cart and select the KNET Payment method on the checkout page, they get redirected to KNET hosted payment page to enter card details, confirm and complete the payment.
The KNET payment details can be also viewed in the Order view section in the backend as well as the customers' "My Account" section.
Also, the customers receive the KNET payment and transaction details in the order Email.
Using the KNET payment method, whenever customers add products to cart and proceed to checkout, they get redirected to the hosted payment gateway page to enter card details and complete the payment to place the order. The whole payment process is hosted by the KNET Payment Gateway, and customers' card details are neither entered nor stored on the Magento 2 server and thus it ensures a secure payment process. The integration meets the SAQ A level of PCI compliance.
- Allows capturing online payment with KNET Payment Gateway.
- Use transportal ID, password and resource key provided by the gateway to integrate KNET with Magento 2 store
- Option to custom payment method title.
- Option to select the language of the payment transactions
- Enable the auto invoice for the orders placed using the KNET payment method.
- Allow only selected countries to use the payment method
- A customer is redirected to the KNET Payment Gateway once the module is enabled. The payment process is hosted by the KNET environment and not in the Magento 2 store. It ensures safe payment process.
- Facilitates the admin to check the KNET payment details from the order view section in the backend
- Facilitates the customers to check their payment details in the "My Account" section as well as order email.
- Build customer trust and satisfaction with risk-free payments!
Also Comes With:
- Free 90 Days Support
- Free Lifetime Updates
- 25 Days Marketplace Return Policy
- Multi-Store Supported
- 100% Open Source
Visit Live Demo:
- Back-end | Just select "KNET Payments" from the Username drop-down to log in
- Front-end | Configure the extension from back-end first as per your requirements to see it in action.
If you have any questions about this extension, you can Contact Us, and we reply you back within a few hours.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.3, 2.4
Commerce on Cloud (ECE): 2.3, 2.4
19 August, 2020
Extensions, Payments & Security, Payment Integration
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.3 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on Cloud (ECE) : 2.3 2.4
- Stability: Stable Build
- Compatible with Magento 2.4
- Minor bug fixing
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.0 2.1 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor