Delete Account for Magento 2 complies with EU's GDPR law to let Magento 2 customers delete their account permanently from the Magento 2 stores.
OverviewBack to top
According to the EU's GDPR introduced in May 2018, the customers have the right to decide what and how their personal data is used stored in E-commerce stores. They can ask the store owners to delete their account whenever they want from Magento 2 stores. To implement this action, Meetanshi has developed Delete Account for Magento 2 that lets customers delete their account permanently from their "My Account" section after the Email verification.
The customers may want to delete their account from the store for which they would generate a ticket requesting for the same. Admin has to process those tickets to delete the account from Magento 2 store. To avoid the tedious process, one should use Delete Account for Magento 2.
The module allows a customer to remove their account from the "My Account" section itself. All they have to do is submit delete account request from My Account section and click the link received in the delete account confirmation Email. The confirmation link does the task of authenticity verification for security purpose! This ensures customers that no intruder can delete their account.
Using this module, the customers get ensured that your store abides by GDPR law for using their personal data. It helps make customers trust your store which can benefit your business!
How does the extension work?
Enable the extension from the backend. Select the Email sender from the drop-down menu for the delete account confirmation Email. Also, select the Email template from the drop-down menu.
Once the users check "Delete My Account" box and click the submit button from the "My Account" section, a delete account request submission success message is shown. Also, a delete account confirmation Email is sent to the customers' registered Email ID having the verification link. On click of the link, customers' account gets deleted permanently.
To read more about how the extension works, read our Delete Account for Magento 2 UserGuide.
- Admin can set the Email sender, and select the template for delete account confirmation Email sent to the customers.
- Customers can request Magento 2 customer account delete by checking "Delete My Account" box and clicking submit button from the "My Account" section.
- Once the delete account request is sent, customers get a delete account confirmation Email to their registered Email ID to confirm permanent removal of their Magento 2 customer account along with their personal information.
- Follows a two-stage verification process for Magento 2 account deletion for security.
Like all our Extensions, this extension also comes with:
- Free Lifetime Support
- Free Lifetime Updates
- 25 Days Money Back Guarantee
- Multi-Store Supported
- 100% Open Source
Visit Live Demo:
- Back-end | Just select "Delete Account" from the Username drop-down to log in.
- Front-end | Configure the extension from back-end first as per your requirements to see it in action.
If you have any questions about this extension, you can Contact Us, and we reply you back within a few hours.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
Initial Release - 1.0.0