Helps store owners apply individual, flat rate shipping charges for specific products
OverviewBack to top
Shipping rates of a store owner may vary from those of another store owner's, based on the types of products they sell such as lightweight, heavy, precious, semi-precious, and fragile products. Use of shipping calculators may charge them incorrectly sometimes, and the charges may differ based on locations and carriers. Meetanshi has developed Shipping Per Product for Magento which allows admins to set individual flat rates for various types of products in their Magento stores.
How does Shipping Per Product for Magento work?
Once Shipping per product for Magento is enabled, admin can set custom shipping rates per product by navigating to Catalog > Products. Under the product edit option, admin can find a separate tab named "Shipping Per Product" under which he can set shipping rate for the selected product. Using the same method, admin can set the custom shipping rate for each store product. Admin can also set default shipping rate from System > Configuration > Shipping Per Product under Default Rate Per Item option to charge shipping on products when individual shipping rate for the product is not set. Add rate to apply handling charges and enable to hide the shipping method if the shipping cost is zero. Option to specify the countries to enable shipping per product method.
Once the extension is configured, whenever customers from frontend add products to cart, the extension auto calculates & charges individual shipping rate set for each product accordingly. If the extension doesn't find individual shipping rate set under the products, it checks the configuration for the default shipping rate and charges shipping accordingly. The shipping per product charges is shown separately with the title set from the backend.
To learn more about how the extension works, read our Shipping Per Product for Magento UserGuide.
Benefits of Choosing Shipping Per Product for Magento by Meetanshi:
- Admin can set individual flat rate shipping charges for each product sold in the store.
- Specify the default shipping rate to apply when individual products are not assigned with an individual shipping rate.
- Admin can add custom title and shipping method name to show the custom shipping method in the frontend.
- Enable shipping per product in all or selected countries.
- Option to set default error message for the unavailability of this shipping method.
- Option to set the shipping per product shipping method to enable for admin only.
Like all our Extensions, Shipping Per Product also comes with:
- Free Lifetime Support
- Free Lifetime Updates
- Moneyback Guarantee
- Multi-Store Supported
- 100% Open Source
Visit Shipping Per Product Extension Live Demo:
- Back-end | Just select "Shipping Per Product" from the Username drop-down to log in
- Front-end | Configure the extension from back-end first as per your requirements to see it in action
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 1.6 1.6.1 18.104.22.168 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build