Lets customers securely register, login, update mobile number & reset password using mobile numbers after OTP verification.
OverviewBack to top
Remembering long email addresses can be a bit tedious, but a mobile number is something which one can remember easily. Providing alternative login to default Magento login is the best to engage with users and provide them with the best user experience. Additionally, if they are provided with the security of login, it makes them feel safe.
Meetanshi has developed Mobile Login With OTP for Magento to allow customers to securely register, login, update mobile number and reset the password using the mobile number after OTP verification. The extension overcomes the issue of login when users don't remember Email ID by which they have registered or don't have Email ID at all.
Using the Mobile Login With OTP extension in your Magento store, users can register and login with mobile number and OTP to enhance the security of mobile registration and login. While registration and login, the SMS with the verification codes are sent to users on their mobile number. It eliminates the possibility of registration and login using fake mobile numbers.
Mobile Number Login With OTP extension for Magento can also be used only to log in using the mobile number without OTP verification. In this case, you don't need to integrate the extension with any SMS gateway. For that, simply enable the extension from the backend and disable registration, login, forgot password and update mobile number using OTP options and other OTP related settings.
Account & Pricing
To commence using the extension, the admin needs to create a FREE account for whichever gateway he prefers to use and has to buy credits to send OTP verification messages. Below are the 3 gateways supported with our Mobile Login extension. You can create an account and have a look at their pricing plans.
SMS Gateways Sign up Links & Pricing Plans:
The OTP verification code is carried out using the SMS for which third-party integration of the SMS gateway is required. Right now, this Mobile Login With OTP extension is compatible with Msg91, Twilio, and Textlocal SMS gateways but you can Contact Us for FREE Integration to make it compatible with your preferred SMS gateway other than the mentioned.
How SMS Gateway is Used in the Extension?
Whenever a user performs any of the action such as register, login, update mobile number or reset the password using a mobile number, an SMS with the verification code (OTP) is sent to him for verification of the mobile number. Here's when the SMS gateways come into the picture. The SMS for OTP is sent using the SMS Gateway integrated with the mobile login with OTP extension.
How Does The Extension Work?
To configure the Mobile Login With OTP extension, enable it from the backend and select the OTP type and length. The API settings is to be configured where the details like sender ID, message type, API URL, and the authorization key is required. These details are provided during registration with the SMS gateway. Configure the OTP custom SMS settings where one needs to enable the actions like login, registration, forgot password, update the mobile number with OTP and configure the SMS text using system variables.
Once the configuration is complete, the customers can register, login, update mobile number and reset the password using mobile number along with OTP verification in Magento. For each event, the users get OTP SMS on the mobile number to copy the OTP code and verify to complete the registration and login in Magento.
To learn more about how extension work, read our UserGuide.
- Facilitate users to register and login with the mobile number after OTP verification.
- Option to select OTP type from the backend, i.e., numeric or alphanumeric.
- Specify OTP length in the Magento backend according to the requirements.
- Integration with Msg91 SMS Gateway to send OTP SMS for registration and login.
- Options to select the message type from either transactional or promotional.
- Easily enable the module for actions like website registration, login, forgot password, and update mobile number with OTP verification.
- Option to customize SMS text for registration, forget password, login and update mobile number OTP message to customers.
- Use the system variables to create SMS text for all OTP verification SMS texts.
- The click of the register or login button opens up a responsive popup to enter the mobile number and verify using OTP.
- Option for the customer to reset their password whenever they want using either of the mobile number or Email.
- Allow customers to update their registered mobile number from their “My Account” section.
- Provide enhanced security to register, login, forgot password and update mobile number actions to customers by verifying the mobile number with OTP with the help of 3rd party SMS Gateway such as Msg91.
Also Comes With:
- Free 90 Days Support
- Free Lifetime Updates
- 25 Days Return Policy
- Multi-Store Supported
- 100% Open Source
Visit Live Demo:
- Back-end | Just select "Mobile Login" from the Username drop-down to log in
- Front-end | Configure the extension from back-end first as per your requirements to see it in action
If you have any questions about this extension, you can Contact Us and we reply you back within a few hours.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build