Image Clean for Magento by Meetanshi allows the admin to optimize the store by removing the unused category and product images from the media folder.
OverviewBack to top
The Magento store must be optimized for more conversions. A large number of unused product and category images occupy greater space in the server which results in heavier page load time and thus poses a problem in the optimization of the store. It is sort of a task for admin to delete such unused images and clean the database! To ease this task, Meetanshi has developed Image Clean for Magento that allows deleting the unused category and product images from the media folder.
The Image Clean extension is a perfect tool to find the unused images from the database and delete it in a single click. The module lists all the unused product and category images in the separate grids. These images can be deleted using mass delete action or one by one at a time using the delete action.
The images are not deleted directly, so no need to worry about the data loss! The Image Clean extension extracts the list of all unused images in a grid. Admin can go through it to decide whether to delete the images or not.
How does Image Clean for Magento Work?
Once the extension is installed, it helps you delete the unused images. Prior using the extension to delete unused images, it is recommended to take the complete backup of your site.
Move to each grid to delete unused category and product images respectively. Click on "Fetch New Images" to update image list of unused images. The module provides an option to either select all the unused product and category images and delete them at once using mass delete action or delete it one by one with delete action. Once the images are deleted, the success message to acknowledge the delete action is displayed.
To learn more about how the extension works, read our Image Clean for Magento User Guide.
Benefits of choosing Meetanshi's Image Clean for Magento:
- Extracts list of all the unused product and category images in separate grids.
- Admin can select all the unused images and delete them at a time with a single click using mass delete action.
- Admin can also delete an individual image from the list using delete action.
- The images under deactivated categories and disabled products are not considered among useless images.
- Cleans up the Magento database by removing non-used images and optimizes the Magento store.
Visit Image Clean Extension Live Demo:
- Back-end | Just select "Image Clean" from the Username drop-down to log in.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build
Initial Release -1.0.0