Image Clean for Magento by Meetanshi lets you manually or periodically remove the unused product and category images from the media folder.
OverviewBack to top
The Magento store must be optimized for more conversions. A large number of unused product and category images occupy greater space in the server which results in heavier page load time and thus poses a problem in the optimization of the store. It is sort of a task for admin to delete such unused images and clean the database! To ease this task, Meetanshi has developed Image Clean Pro for Magento that allows deleting the unused category and product images from the media folder.
The Image Clean Up extension is a perfect tool to find the unused images from the database and delete it in a single click or set a periodic cleanup. The module lists all the unused product and category images separately. These images can be deleted one by one or in bulk!
The images are not deleted directly, so no need to worry about the data loss! The Image Clean for Magento extracts the list of all unused images in a grid. Admin can go through it to decide whether to delete the images or not.
How Does The Extension Work?
Once the extension is installed, it helps you delete the unused images. Prior to using the extension to delete unused images, it is recommended to take the complete backup of your site.
Admin can select the options to clean resources for deleting the unused category images, product images or database record for nonexisting product images. If you choose to clean up manually, click the "Clean Now" button. Else, enable the periodic cleanup. The periodic cleanup will take place as per the set frequency and at the set start time from the backend.
Move to each grid to delete the unused category and product images respectively. Click on "Fetch New Images" to update the image list of unused images. The module provides an option to either select all the unused product and category images and delete them at once using mass delete action or delete it one by one with delete action. Once the images are deleted, the success message to acknowledge the delete action is displayed.
To learn more about how the extension works, read our Image Clean Pro for Magento User Guide.
- Admin can select options to delete:
- Unused category images
- Unused product images
- Database record for nonexisting product images.
- Supports manual cleanup.
- Offers periodic cleanup as well.
- Backend option to set the frequency and start time for periodic cleanup.
- Extracts list of all the unused product and category images in separate grids.
- Admin can select all the unused images and delete them at a time with a single click using mass delete action.
- Admin can also delete an individual image from the list using delete action.
- The images under deactivated categories and disabled products are not considered among useless images.
- Cleans up the Magento database by removing non-used images and optimizes the Magento store.
The Extension Also Comes With:
- Free 90 Days Support
- Free Lifetime Updates
- 25 Day Return Policy
- Multi-Store Supported
- 100% Open Source
Visit Live Demo:
- Back-end | Just select "Image Clean" from the Username drop-down to log in
- Front-end | Configure the extension from back-end first as per your requirements to see it in action.
If you have any questions about this extension, you can Contact Us, and we reply you back within a few hours.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 220.127.116.11 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3 1.9.4
- Stability: Stable Build