Delete Account for Magento by Meetanshi complies with EU's GDPR law to allow customers to delete their Magento store customer account permanently from the store.
OverviewBack to top
EU's GDPR went into effect on May 25, 2018. Now, the customers have the right to decide what and how their personal details will be accessed and used. It is up to customers to let Magento stores use their details. They may even want to delete their account from the store which has to be done by the store owner. To let customers remove their account from the store by themselves, Meetanshi has come up with Delete Account for Magento.
Delete Account for Magento lets customers remove the customer account without going through the process of tickets request! Admin can also relieve from the task of entertaining those tickets requesting Magento account deletion. The extension sees to it that the account is deleted permanently with its details from the Magento store!
Security can't be ignored when a feature like account deletion is offered! Therefore, to confirm the action, a delete account confirmation link is sent to customers' registered Email ID. The account is permanently deleted only after this link is clicked to verify! Such a security feature ensures that no intruder can delete your customers' account.
An easy to configure and use, Delete Account for Magento is a must-have extension if you want your customers to make sure that the Magento store abides by EU's GDPR for using their personal data!
How does Delete Account for Magento work?
Delete Account extension is to be enabled from the background to get started. Thereafter, select the Email sender and Email template and it's done from the backend.
From the frontend, when a customer checks the "Delete My Account" option from "My Account" section and submits it, he/she is sent an Email on the registered Email ID to confirm the account deletion. As soon as the delete action is confirmed, the customer account along with all the details will be deleted permanently.
To read more about how the extension works, read our Delete Account for Magento User Guide.
- Admin can enable/disable the extension from the backend as required.
- Option for admin to set the Email sender as well as select the template for delete account confirmation Email sent to customers.
- Customers can request to delete their Magento customer account by checking "Delete My Account" and clicking submit button from their "My Account" section itself.
- Once the delete account request is sent, customers get delete account confirmation Email to their registered Email ID to confirm permanent deletion of their Magento customer account.
- A two-stage verification process is followed for Magento account deletion for enhanced security and prevent any intruder to delete account accidentally who may have access to the customer account.
Like all our extensions, Delete Account Extension also comes with:
Free Lifetime Support
Free Lifetime Updates
25 Day Moneyback Guarantee
100% Open Source
- Back-end | Just select "Delete Account" from the Username drop-down to log in.
- Front-end | Configure the extension from back-end first as per your requirements to see it in action.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 1.6 1.6.1 220.127.116.11 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build
General Bug Fixing- 1.0.1
- Compatible with CE: 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build