OverviewBack to top
Cookies are small text files that hold users' data. These files are stored in the web browsers, and their data is used to understand the user behavior and hence offer the personalized and better user experience! As per the EU's cookie rule, a user must know what personal data is stored in the cookie files and how the data is used! To comply with the cookie law, websites require to ask the users for the acceptance of cookies before using them.
The Cookie Compliance module allows selecting cookie notice display type and modifying the layout of the bar or the popup making them match the Magento theme. The extension ensures users that the Magento store abides by the EU's cookie law and hence win their trust.
How does Cookie Notice for Magento Work?
Enable the cookie notice extension from the backend. Select if you want to display a bar or popup for the notice, set its position for display. Configure the settings to autohide the notice, accept the policy, and the duration to expire cookie agreement. Configure the notice message, various buttons text and enable accept cookies on scroll action. For the enhanced layout of the cookie notice container, configure the fonts, text size, alignments, colors for backgrounds, buttons, and texts.
To learn more about how the extension works, read our Cookie Notice for Magento User Guide.
Benefits of Choosing Cookie Notice for Magento by Meetanshi:
- Enable or disable the extension as per the requirement.
- Option for notice display type from either notification bar or popup.
- Admin can decide the bar or popup position.
- Admin can set one of the below events to perform when a user closes the cookie notice:
- Never show again
- Hide for the rest of the day
- Hide for the rest of the session
- Auto-hide cookie notice bar or popup after a specific time period.
- Option to expire the cookie agreement after particular days.
- Automatically accept cookies on scroll action.
- Customized cookie consent message.
- Option to customize text, font type, text color, alignment, background color, and position of the cookie notice bar or popup.
- Back-end | Just select "Cookie Notice" from the Username drop-down to log in
- Front-end | Configure the extension from back-end first as per your requirements to see it in action
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build