OverviewBack to top
When you own an E-commerce store, you focus all your efforts on design, products, marketing to drive traffic to your store. This is not helpful if conversion rates are low or users find it complicated to go through the sign up process. Easy login process can improve the conversion rate and hence keeping this in mind, Meetanshi has developed WhatsApp Login for Magento 2 extension to improve the login conversion rate.
The WhatsApp Login for Magento 2 extension facilitates the users to sign up and log in Magento 2 store and hence improve the user experience with the easy login process. WhatsApp is the most popular messaging app with two billion users on January 2021 according to Statista. Such popularity and ease of use can be leveraged by the Magento 2 store owners using our extension. Moreover, SMS, Facebook, or Google login systems comes with their own limitations such as not easy to use, authentication errors, connection timeout, delay in OTP, and security concerns. On the other hand, WhatsApp has pros like:
- Depends on internet network rather than cellular network
- No delay in messages
- Easy to use
- Messages reach the recipient in under 5 seconds
- Guaranteed delivery of message
- No Encryption issue
Leverage these benefits with the WhatsApp Login for Magento 2 and offer the two-tap login process via WhatsApp!
The extension integrates Twilio API to enable login with WhatsApp functionality for customers. Twilio is a cloud communications platform which provides API for Messaging, Voice, Video, and Authentication. Twilio powers communications for more than 190,000 businesses, and enables nearly 932 billion human interactions every year.
Accounts & Pricing
To commence using the extension, create a FREE account with Twilio, and buy credits to send WhatsApp messages. Integrate Magento 2 store with Twilio using the Twilio SID, Twilio Auth Token, and Twilio phone number received during the registration. You can check the various pricing plans.
- Allow customers to log in to your Magento 2 store via WhatsApp
- Option to set a custom sign-in request text
- The admin can configure the redirect URL after login via WhatsApp
- Easily integrate Magento 2 with Twilio with the details like Twilio SID, Twilio token, and Twilio number obtained while registration with Twilio.
- Option to enable the display of country flag for users to select while adding the mobile number for WhatsApp sign-up
- The admin can select the countries allowed in the country flag dropdown list.
- The admin can configure the default country to keep selected in the country flag dropdown
- The "Login with WhatsApp" button is displayed in the frontend which the users can click to see the sign-in request text and click "Continue to Chat" on WhatsApp web or download the app to get the sign-in link
- After that, the users get the sign-in link in their WhatsApp using which they can sign in or create a new account for that WhatsApp number.
- The users are redirected to their "My Account" section after successful sign-up via WhatsApp
- Simultaneously, the customer account is automatically created in the backend.
- Facilitate the users to update their WhatsApp numbers from the "Account Information" tab of their "My Account" section in the frontend.
- Improve the login rate in Magento 2 store owing to the easy login process via the popular messaging app.
- Enhance the user experience of the Magento 2 store.
How Does The Extension Work?
The admin can enable the extension to allow users to log in using WhatsApp in Magento 2 store. For that, he can set the custom sign-in request text, configure the redirect URL after login, integrate Twilio with Magento 2 using Twilio account SID, Twilio Auth Token, and Twilio phone number, enable the country flag for users to select while adding a mobile number for WhatsApp sign-in, select the countries allowed in the country flag dropdown list, and set the default selected country in the flag list.
Once configured, the user can see the "Login with WhatsApp" button on the frontend, and on clicking it, they see the sign-in request text and the "Continue to Chat" button. On clicking this button, they are either asked to use WhatsApp Web and download the WhatsApp app if not already installed. On WhatsApp, they get the sign-in link and on clicking it, they are signed in or prompted to create a new account with that WhatsApp number.
After successful sign-up, the users are redirected to their "My Account" section and the customer account is also auto-created in the backend.
The users can update their registered WhatsApp number from the "Account Information" tab of their "My Account" section in the frontend.
Also Comes With:
- Free 90 Days Support
- Free Lifetime Updates
- 25 Days Marketplace Return Policy
- Multi-Store Supported
- 100% Open Source
Visit Live Demo:
- Back-end | Just select "WhatsApp Login" from the Username drop-down to log in
- Front-end | Configure the extension from back-end first as per your requirements to see it in action.
If you have any questions about this extension, you can Contact Us, and we reply you back within a few hours.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Adobe Commerce platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
Commerce on Cloud (ECE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
17 June, 2021
Extensions, Content & Customizations, Personalization & Experience Management
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Adobe Commerce that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.3 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on Cloud (ECE) : 2.3 2.4
- Stability: Stable Build
- Initial License
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Adobe Commerce developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor