OverviewBack to top
Good navigation in an online store leads to better user experience and sales. On the other hand, poor navigation means lost sales, frustrated visitors, and a high bounce rate. It is safe to declare that navigation is a crucial factor in a store's design. Hence, Meetanshi has developed Subcategories Grid/List/Slide for Magento 2 extension.
The extension allows the store owner to enable subcategories on the category, product, CMS, home and other pages. It helps improve the navigation of your store. Do not let your visitors fumble around but guide them through the store to the desired product.
With the help of Subcategories Grid/List/Slide for Magento 2 extension, quicken the conversion process and improve the user experience of Magento 2 store. If you have a large catalogue with a variety of products, it is a must-have extension for your Magento 2 store!
- The extension allows showing categories and subcategories in the category, product, CMS, home, and any other pages
- Select on the layouts to show subcategories:
- Configure custom title before subcategories display block
- Show the subcategories grid/list/slide before the main content.
- Show the subcategories grid/list/slide after the main content.
- Sort the subcategories based on:
- Date of Creation
- Sort the subcategories in ascending or descending order
- Show the description of subcategories
- Show the subcategories in the form of grid, list, or slide on any CMS pages using the widget or code insertion in the PHTML file
- Create a new widget to show subcategories block on any CMS page using the "Add Widget" button.
- The admin can select subcategories/grid/list on page option from the dropdown and select its design theme
- Configure the widget's storefront properties like:
- Widget title
- Store view to assign the widget
- Sort order of widget instances
- Configure the widget's layout updates like:
- Where to display the widget
- The page to display the widget
- The area of the page where you want to display your subcategories block
- Set the title of the subcategory block from the backend
- The admin can enter the comma-separated category IDs to show categories/subcategories
- Select the display layouts to show subcategories blocks as slide, grid, or list
- Set the maximum number of sub-categories to show in each row
- Sort subcategories by name, position, or date of creation
- The admin can select the order by option for subcategories display as ascending or descending
- Display subcategories in specific or random mode
- Option to show the subcategories' description
- Improved navigation and on-site experience
How Does The Extension Work?
The admin can enable the extension to show subcategories on category, product, CMS, home and other pages. The admin can enable the display of subcategories on the category page, set the display layout from grid, list or slide to show subcategories, enter the title of the subcategories block to display in the frontend, enable the display of subcategories block on the top or bottom of the main content, sort subcategories by name, position, and date of creation, order subcategories by ascending or descending, and enable to show the description of the subcategory in the subcategories block.
The admin can display the subcategories in the form of grid, list, or slide on any pages using the widget and code insertion in the PHTML file.
He can also create a new widget to display subcategories block on any CMS page using the "Add Widget" button.
He can select the subcategories grid/list/slide on Page option from the dropdown and select the design theme.
The admin can configure the storefront properties such as set widget title, assign store views, enter the sort order, select where to display the widget, the page to display the widget, and the area of the page to display the subcategories block.
He can also configure the widget options such as set the title of the subcategory block, enter comma-separated category IDs to show categories/subcategories, choose the display layout from slide, grid, and list to display subcategories block, enter the maximum number of subcategories to be displayed in each row, sort subcategories by name, position, and date, order subcategories in ascending or descending order, select the subcategories display mode and allow to show description.
Once configured, the customer can see the subcategories block on the category page in the list, grid, and slide view with the set title and description.
Also Comes With:
- Free 90 Days Support
- Free Lifetime Updates
- 25 Days Marketplace Return Policy
- Multi-Store Supported
- 100% Open Source
Visit Live Demo:
- Back-end | Just select "Subcategories Grid/List/Slide" from the Username drop-down to log in
- Front-end | Configure the extension from back-end first as per your requirements to see it in action.
If you have any questions about this extension, you can Contact Us, and we reply you back within a few hours.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Adobe Commerce platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
Commerce on Cloud (ECE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
11 November, 2021
Extensions, Content & Customizations, Site Search & Navigation
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Adobe Commerce that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.3 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on Cloud (ECE) : 2.3 2.4
- Stability: Stable Build
- Initial Release
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Adobe Commerce developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor