OverviewBack to top
PayPal Website Payments Pro payment method allows the store owners to capture online credit and debit card payments directly on the website using an API based solution. Meetanshi has developed PayPal Website Payments Pro for Magento 2 to integrate direct PayPal payments with the Magento 2 store.
With CardinalCommerce, ensure 3D security along with the least user friction. Improve the customer experience of the store without compromising the security of the store.
The execution of DoDirect API operation for order processing in the background enables:
- Authorize the transactions in real-time
- Offer streamlined checkout experience
- Quick payments
The PayPal Website Payments Pro for Magento 2 offers the direct payment method even for the customers who do not have the PayPal account. The extension requires the customers to enter their credit card details directly at the checkout step in Magento 2 store. As the customer data is entered in Magento 2 store, it meets the SAQ A-EP level of PCI Compliance.
Account & Pricing
To commence using PayPal Website Payments Pro, create a Premier or Business PayPal account, with the preferred payment plan. Integrate Magento 2 store with the payment method using the username, password, and signature received during the registration. The gateway offers various Pricing Plans.
How Does The Extension Work?
The admin can set a custom title for the payment method, display the PayPal logo, and, enable sandbox mode. Using the username, password, and signature, he can easily integrate the payment method with Magento 2 store. Also, he can select the payment action, new order status, credit card types to allow accepting payments, and the countries to allow using the payment method. The admin can also enable debug mode, set custom instructions at the checkout step, and set minimum and maximum order total for using the payment method.
The admin can enable the CardinalCommerce from Sales > 3D Secure > CardinalCommerce. Register with CardinalCommerce as mentioned in the comments and obtain the required details for the integration.
When a customer selects the PayPal Website Payments Pro payment method at the checkout, he has to enter the credit card details and click the "Place Order" button to place the order and complete the payments.
The customers can check the PayPal direct payment details at the "My Account" section and the admin can check the same in the sales order view backend.
Security & PCI Compliance:
We are often asked about PCI compliance. PCI compliance is a complex and multifaceted issue, covering every aspect of your business. We can't guarantee that your business is PCI-compliant. That depends on your server, passwords, business processes, regular security scans, other payment methods, and a lot more. What we can tell you is that this extension will not prevent you from being PCI compliant. We don't log confidential cardholder data or do anything else that would bring you under scrutiny.
Once the customers add products to the cart and proceed to pay using the PayPal Website Payments Pro method, they are asked to add card details on-site by directly calling the PayPal API and they complete the payment. PayPal API processes the card details and sends the response to the extension regarding the successful or failed payments. Thus, no sensitive card data is stored on the Magento 2 server. Merchants are required to be PCI Data Security Standard compliant before using the PayPal Website Payments Pro payment method. The customer data is entered in Magento 2 and hence, the integration of the payment gateway with the Magento 2 store meets the SAQ A-EP level of PCI compliance.
- Security in online payments
- To facilitate the customers to not leave the store, the extension uses the Direct Payment API for direct payments.
- The admin can set a custom title for the PayPal website payments pro payment method.
- The admin can choose to display the payment method logo in frontend
- Facilitates sandbox mode for testing
- The merchant can integrate the payment method with Magento 2 store using username, password, and a signature obtained while registration with PayPal.
- The admin can select the payment action and new order status
- Select the allowed credit card types to accept the payments
- Select the allowed countries to use the PayPal payments
- Facilitates debug option
- The admin can show custom text information on the checkout step
- The admin can restrict the use of the payment method for minimum and maximum order total only.
- The customers have to select the Paypal website payments pro method at the checkout, enter the card details, and click
"Place Order" button to place the order and finish the payments
- Facilitate the customers to check their payment details from the "My Account" section
- Facilitates the admin to check the Paypal direct card payment details from the sales order view from the backend.
- Allows placing orders from the backend by selecting the Paypal website payments pro method, add card details, and submit the order.
Also Comes With:
- Free 90 Days Support
- Free Lifetime Updates
- 25 Days Marketplace Return Policy
- Multi-Store Supported
- 100% Open Source
Visit Live Demo:
- Back-end | Select "PayPal Website Payments Pro" from the Username drop-down to log in.
- Front-end | Configure the extension from back-end first as per your requirements to see it in action.
If you have any questions about this extension, you can Contact Us, and we reply you back within a few hours.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
Commerce on Cloud (ECE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
18 March, 2021
Extensions, Payments & Security, Payment Integration
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.3 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on Cloud (ECE) : 2.3 2.4
- Stability: Stable Build
- Added Refund Process
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.3
- Compatible with Commerce on Cloud (ECE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor