Partial Payment for Magento 2 allows offering customizable payment plans and facilitates customers to pay in installments, layaway plans or EMI.
OverviewBack to top
Many a time, it's just too much to place a huge order. Even if you are well to do, letting go of $1000 on the beat really holds the strings of your wallet.
Anything as pertinent as payments, when offered in favor of the customers, is going to improve the conversions in the E-commerce stores. However, the store profit must not be overlooked. Keeping both the points in the frame, Meetanshi has developed Partial Payment for Magento 2 extension to allow the customers to buy the products immediately by paying the down payment and pay the remaining amount later in installments, layaway plans or EMI.
While Magento 2 stores can benefit from partial payments, customers can maintain their budget and enjoy pocket-friendly shopping! Flexible payment methods not only increase the conversions but also improve customer experience!
Explore the new opportunities of sales by providing partial payment facility for your store products with the Partial Payment for Magento 2 extension!
How Does the Extension Work?
Enable the extension from the Magento 2 backend. Select the customer groups to allow using the Partial Payment facility. Select the payment methods to be used while placing Partial Payment orders. Select one of the options to apply Partial Payment facility either from the All Products, Selected Products or Whole Cart. Select how you want to charge shipping and tax amount. Select YES to disable guest checkout for Partial Payment orders.
Under the payment calculation settings, select the payment frequency to allow customers to pay installments. Set the custom text for the down payment label. Also, set the custom text for the remaining amount label. Select the option to charge Partial Payment fee on orders. Select how you want to calculate the Partial Payment fee. Enter the fee amount.
Under the Email settings, select the Email template, Email sender and enter the comma-separated Email IDs to send carbon copies of the Emails. Make each setting for the following Emails:
- Installment Schedule
- Installment Payment Confirmation
- Installment Approval
- Installment Disapproval
- Installment Overdue Notice
To enable the product-specific Partial Payment, go to Catalog > Products > Select a product for which you want to enable product-specific partial payment. Find the Partial Payment tab and select YES to apply the Partial Payment facility on the product. Enter the fee amount to charge while ordering this product.
After the successful extension configuration, whenever customers go to the product page, they can see the Partial Payment checkbox to avail the partial payment facility. Select the checkbox and add the product to cart. On the shopping cart page, customers can see Partial Payment applied on the order. The bifurcation of the down payment, the remaining amount and fee amount are calculated and shown with the respective labels. Partial Payment details can be seen on the checkout page as well. Customers can select one of the allowed payment methods to pay for the Partial Payment order.
After the successful order placement, customers get the installment schedule Email. Customers can see Partial Payment order details under the "Manage Partial Payment" tab in their My Account section. On click of View Order, they can see paid order amount and remaining installment details. From here, customers can pay the installment amount on or before the due date. After the successful installment payment, customers get an Installment Payment Confirmation Email.
The admin can manage Partial Payment orders from a separate grid named "Manage Partial Payment Orders" from the backend. The grid shows the orders, customers details along with the payment status. For offline payment methods, the admin can approve or disapprove the installment payments. Approval or disapproval Email is sent to the customers after the admin performs the respective action. Also, customers get the overdue notice Email if they fail to pay the installment on or before the due date.
To learn more about how the extension works, read our UserGuide.
- Offer partial payment facility, layaway plans or EMIs in your store.
- Allow customers to pay down payment at the time of placing the order and remaining amount later in an installment.
- Select the customer groups to allow using the partial payment facility.
- Select the payment method to allow using while placing partial payment orders.
- Select the scope of the Partial Payment from the admin panel:
- All Products
- Selected Products
- Whole Cart
- Select the option to charge shipping and tax amount on partial payment orders.
- On Down Payment
- On All installments
- Option to disable the guest checkout while placing partial payment orders.
- Select the payment frequency:
- Based on Days
- Set the custom text for the down payment and remaining payment labels.
- Select one of the options to charge partial payment fee:
- On the First Installment
- On All Installments
- Set the custom text for the partial payment fee label.
- Select one of the options to calculate partial payment fee in:
- Fixed Amount
- Percentage of Product Price
- Enter the fee amount to be charged on partial payment orders.
- Option to send Email notifications for various partial payment events:
- Installment Schedule Email
- Installment Payment Confirmation Email
- Installment Approval Email
- Installment Disapproval Email
- Installment Overdue Notice Email
- Option to enable product specific partial payment along with the specific fee charges.
- A customer can pay for the entire order at a time, skipping the partial payments.
- After availing the partial payment for the order, all the partial payment details can be seen on the cart and checkout page with the respective labels.
- Customers can see partial payment order details under a separate tab named "Manage Partial Payment" in the My Account section in the frontend.
- Customers can pay an installment on or before the due date from the Manage Partial Payment tab.
- Admin can also see partial payment orders from the Partial Payment > Manage Partial Payment Orders grid from the backend.
- For all the partial payment orders paid using the offline methods, the admin can approve or disapprove the payment by customers.
- Customers receive the Email notifications immediately after the respective partial payment events performed.
Also Comes With:
- Free 90 Days Support
- Free Lifetime Updates
- 25 Days Refund Policy
- Multi-Store Supported
- 100% Open Source
Visit Live Demo:
- Back-end | Just select "Partial Payment" from the Username drop-down to log in
- Front-end | Configure the extension from back-end first as per your requirements to see it in action.
If you have any questions about this extension, you can Contact Us, and we reply you back within a few hours.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build