OverviewBack to top
MageShip is a Solution as a Service "SaaS" brand, dedicated to building shipping automations between Carriers and eCommerce platforms.
This extension will establish a direct connection with multiple shipping carriers account, pulling Live Shipping Rates automatically in Cart / Checkout / Admin.
Merchants subscribing to a MageShip account, unlock the Live Rates feature. After entering their carrier details, a connection to their favorite carriers is instant and doesn’t involve any other fees. Live Rates is instantly ready to be retrieved by the extension installed on the merchant’s website via an API-Key provided. Merchants can select which shipping services option to enable and Customers on the frontend will be able to select Live Shipping Rates options in the Cart / Checkout, whereas admins will use the rates in the usual create order panel.
Supported carriers spread across 4 countries: United States, Canada, United-Kingdom, & Australia. Fedex, USPS, UPS, DHL, Purolator, Royal Mail, Australia Post and more. Optionally, this extension also support ShipStation as a Shipping Method out of the box.
Account & Pricing
Although this extension is free; a MageShip paid subscription account (additional fees) is required in order to have this extension working. Once an account is created, a MageShip access key is provided which will be requested during setup of the extension. Subscribe for an account here
Usefulness Case Study
This extension is useful for Merchants seeking an automated Shipping Rates System in order to; increase their customer User Experience and Loyalty at the same time with no compromises.
Before/After scenarios example:
Before: A Merchant shipping their products with different carriers with multiple weights, would end up filling Table Rates or Matrix data into Magento. Which is a decent solution, but the data soon results in obsolete rates and there’s not many choices to present their customers with. This lack of accurate data often results in full inbox of custom shipping quotes requests, cart abandonment and never-returning customers.
Now: MageShip solution addresses the matter by providing “Tailor-made” Live Rate Solution to customers in Cart / Checkout. Providing all the best available rates on a press of a button, based on the product's volumetric weight or dimensional weight vs. shipping destination. Additionally, shipping quotes over the phone can also be simply responded to by simulating an order creation via admin panel.
Benefits: Set the carriers once in MageShip and forget about it. The idea is for you to manage your business within Magento itself and not overwhelm you with more interfaces.
Admin can enable / disable several shipping services within Magento. As a result, there’s no Shipping Rates data related work in Magento anymore, if there was someone in your company assigned to this task they would probably need to be re-assigned. Thanks to this module shipping management team will now have more time processing and shipping orders out!
- Display unlimited Live Rates to customers (Cart estimation box + Checkout process)
- Use Live Rates on admin order creation
- Secured connection via encrypted API Key
- Supports a dozen of Carriers (full list on MageShip pricing page)
- Lightening fast performance with caching enabled
- Select shipping services to enable within Magento admin.
- Custom-rate margin / Additional charges supported (percentage or fixed amount)
- Failover offline mode (in event of an API connection failure)
- Weights in Kilograms, Pounds and Volumetric weight in Ounces
- Can be used in addition to other Shipping Methods
- Compatible with 1-step checkout extensions
- Optional: ShipStation partner fully compatible out of the box. Sync as Shipping Method
- Eliminate fetching quotes manually
- No more complex table / matrix rates
- No more logging into multiple carriers
- Avoid over & under paying carrier fees
- Offer transparent shipping experience to customers
- Enjoy Instant Rates performance capability
- Month-to-month, cancel anytime
- Enterprise features at low cost
- Productivity booster application
Level of Complexity:
- Beginner. If coupled with MageShip installation services, all that remains is connecting the Merchant’s carriers account.
- Intermediate. If Merchants have a developer on hand, installation is straightforward following our detailed User Guide & Installation Guide. (Link to Help Center below)
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current), 2.2 (obsolete)
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
10 February, 2021
Extensions, Shipping & Fulfillment
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.2 2.3 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.3 2.4
- Stability: Stable Build
Included support for php 7.4 and Magento 2.4
tested compatibility with Magento Commerce Enterprise version
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
compatibility with 2.3
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor