Limit the quantity of a product that a user can buy (persists through different orders) and prevent non-registered users from using the shopping cart
OverviewBack to top
This extension was created when we found the need to limit the quantity bought of a product per account. There were no free/paid extension that did this and every solution suggested in the forums was to limit the quantity per order, but the user could just simply buy more of this product in separated orders.
For instance, a shop owner wants to sell free tickets for an event (as a promotion) but he wants to limit the number of tickets bought per account to 2. This way, if a user wants to use this promotion, he has to create an account in order to get a maximum of 2 tickets.
This extension provides two main features. This features can be enabled/disabled and configurated separatedly:
- Limit the quantity of a product:
- Users will not be able to buy a product beyond the limit that the shop owner sets up
- This limit persist through different orders. This extension will make sure that the limit is in place even if there are different orders for the same product.
- Prevent non-registered users from using the shopping cart:
- Sometimes the shop owner wants to increase conversion rate and wants to motivate non-registered users to register as soon as they see a product they like. With this feature shop owners can encourage visitors to register since they need it to use the shopping cart.
Compatible with most of the Magento Themes. Tested with Default, Rwd, Base and Porto Theme.
To get installation and configuration instructions see the User Manual.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build
This extension provides two main features that can be enabled/disabled in a separate way:
1. Limit the quantity of a product that a user can buy with a single account. Most of extensions and implementations just limit this amount per order. With this extension, this limit persists through different orders and makes sure that a user don't buy more items than the amount that he is allowed to.
2. Prevent non-registered users from using the shopping cart.