This extension is specifically designed to manage Magento configurable products in a more intuitive and friendly way, both for administrators and frontend users.
Other Extensions by Man4x
OverviewBack to top
"Configurable Product" is a powerful Magento concept that manages variations of a given "virtual" product defined with one or more attributes (size, color, special feature...). Each attribute has a given set of possible values. Most of the time, configurable products and their children products perfectly fit retailers' needs, but in very specific cases, Magento built-in logic may turn out to be a little bit restricted or confusing.
- Basically, children products prices are fixed depending on their attributes values. Each attribute value leads to a price variation of a given amount or percentage. When a configurable product has more than two attributes and/or when its children products are particularly complex items, these price fixing rules can be limited or may require complex calculations to finally get expected prices.
- As it's specifically common with B2B webstores, when customers are required to order a lot of variations of a given configurable product, ordering process turns out to be a tedious task since customers are forced to add to cart each of these variations from the product page, one at a time.
- When added to cart, children products are displayed like any standard items excepting their specific attributes value. If there are a lot of variations of the same configurable in cart, visual display may become confusing and untidy, especially if these children products had not been added ito cart in a sequential order. This is also true with every sales documents like invoices, mail notifications, pdf documents...
This extension is specifically designed for managing Magento configurable products in a more intuitive way for all these specific cases as described above, both for administrative and frontend users. Thus, for each individual configurable product you can:
- Choose if children products prices are evaluated from option values (Magento standard way) or directly fixed from children products prices as set in admin
- Display all children products on the configurable product view page the way you want (list, grid, tabs)
- Make children products be gathered together with their configurable product on sales blocks (cart, history...) and documents (email notifications, pdf)
Configurable products price management: for each configurable product, you can keep on using Magento default pricing system for children products (i.e. price per attribute option) or directly assign a specific price for each child product.
In this case, child product behaves like a simple product when added to cart: its price is the price defined for itself and is not calculated from its configurable product any more. This is true not only for child final price but also for its special price, tier prices and group prices.
All-at-once add to cart: on the configurable product page, all children products can be displayed as a list or a grid sorted by its attributes options value, providing a quick way for the customer to add several children products to cart at once. If there are more than two attributes defining the configurable, tabs set can also be implemented.
List / grid structure and visual display can be easily defined from backend setting fields and graphical icons can even be displayed instead of option labels, leading to an intuitive and user-friendly ordering interface.
Grouped-by configurable lists: when several children products of a given configurable are involved in a same order, they are gathered below their configurable product instead of being dispersed all over the products list depending on the order they had been added to cart.
These products lists include cart, orders history, sales documents both in HTML and PDF formats.
Warning: since this extension is likely to alter prices calculations and can lead to new visual blocks in different contexts (product page, cart, sales history...), it must be thoroughly tested and visually integrated with the current theme before running to production.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build