OverviewBack to top
Cart2Cart is an automated shopping cart migration service that has already served more than 30.000 merchants all over the globe in transferring their store data across various shopping cart solutions. The main philosophy of the service is to minimize human involvement in the process of eCommerce re-platforming. There is only a 3-step data migration procedure that doesn’t expect any coding skills for a successful switch.
Cart2Cart Migration from Big Cartel extension makes it possible to transfer the following entities across these two platforms: products, product categories, manufacturers, customers, orders, etc. A full-scale is usually performed within a few hours only (though it depends on the amount of transferable data) and allows us to avoid tedious manual data input, relations breakdown, or code manipulations.
The service provides its users with a Free Demo migration that is totally free of charge. The extension doesn’t impact the migrated Big Cartel store at all, which can run as usual while the data is being transferred to Magento. There is no tech experience expected to operate the extension properly.
PLEASE NOTE: This extension is intended only for current customers of Big Cartel.
Account & Pricing
To initiate Big Cartel to Magento migration with the help of Cart2Cart extension, sign up for a Cart2Cart service account or create an Account once the extension is installed on your computer. To create an account please visit the signup page.
You can evaluate the service in action just by launching the Demo migration (it allows to import up to 10 products and related data to Magento). However, once the full migration is finalized, you’ll be charged a fee that depends upon the volume of the migrated data. The cost for Big Cartel to Magento migration is calculated on the basis of transferred entities. To calculate the Big Cartel to Magento migration, fill in the number of products, orders, and customers in the required fields of Cart2Cart`s Online Estimator.
How Does It Work?
- Install the extension on your Magento store.
- Create a Cart2Cart account (register here or do it after the installation within the module itself).
- Provide your Big Cartel store URL and FTP access details to enable data exchange between your stores.
- Specify what data types you want to migrate.
- Choose the available migration additional options (optional).
- Match order statuses, customer groups, and languages.
- Run a FREE Demo Migration to evaluate the migration quality.
- Launch a Full Data Migration.
Here is the list of currently available data for Big Cartel to Magento migration:
- Name, SKU, Full Description, Manufacturer.
- Price, Special Price.
- Product Image, Additional Images.
- ID, FirstFirst Name, Last Name, Email, Newsletter.
- Customer Billing Address (First Name, Last Name, Address 1, Address 2, Country, State, City, Zip Code).
- Customer Shipping Address (First Name, Last Name, Address 1, Address 2, Country, State, City, Zip Code).
- Order Date, Order Status, Order Products (Name), Product Price, Quantity, SubTotal Price, Shipping Price, Total Price.
- Customer Name, Email.
- Shipping Address (First Name, Last Name, Address 1, Address 2, Country, State, City, Zip Code).
Additional Migration Options
- Preserve order ID on Magento store,
- Migrate images from product descriptions, categories descriptions and blog posts descriptions,
- Transfer invoices, credit memos, and shipments to Magento 2 store,
- Change product quantity to 100 on Target Store.
Note. Some of the options are paid, and all of them are optional.
- Intuitive migration setup instructions,
- 100% current store availability,
- Widest range of supported entities,
- 100% data security,
- Fast migration speed,
- FREE Demo Migration,
- Flexible pricing,
- 24/7 live support.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3 (current)
29 January, 2020
Extensions, Content & Customizations, Product Content, Rich Media
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3
Stability: Stable Build
Cart2Cart Migration from Big Cartel v 1.0.0
Supported entities: products, product categories, manufacturers, customers, orders and other related data.
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor