The extension uses the TNT Australia's Rapid Transit Time (RTT) API, allowing store owners to provide accurate shipping information to their customers in Australia.
OverviewBack to top
TNT is one of the world's leading providers of business-to-business express delivery services. TNT is able to offer its customers an extensive domestic and international network, integrated with the latest technology. This allows TNT to provide a unique combination of on-demand, time-sensitive, door-to-door services within Australia and around the world.
The TNT Express Australia shipping extension for Magento 2 is used to calculate the delivery price of the items in the customer's shopping cart. The extension uses TNT Australia's Rated Transit Time API to get live shipping rates based on the weight of the items in the cart, the origin, and the destination of the delivery. The extension get the shipping cost in real time from sender's TNT account. It displays the shipping cost on the Cart page and on the Checkout page.
This extension will work in Australia only. A free account with TNT Australia is required. This extension is for use with TNT Express Australia only. It cannot be used in other countries.
- Automatically calculates the shipping cost based on the weight of the products in the cart and the destination address
- Retrieve the shipping rates from the TNT's account
- Selection of TNT's express services to use
- Add handling fee on top of the shipping cost
- Set the description of goods: documents or non-documents
- Enable/disable the display of delivery estimates
- Set the number of days before collection by TNT
- Determines the shipping date automatically based on the number of days before collection
- Appropriate shipping date automatically calculated to exclude weekend and public holidays
- Display of relevant error message, if any, to the customer (e.g. suburb/postcode mismatch)
- Set the name of the shipping method which will be displayed in the frontend
- Enable/disable the module from the backend
This TNT Express Australia shipping module will calculate the shipping cost based on the cubic weight of the cart. You will need to set the weight of all your products for this extension to work properly.
Why to use this extension?
When the Display Delivery Estimate is turned on, the system display an ETA of when customers will receive delivery of the order. The extension calculates the ETA based on the settings for Days Before Collection. For example, if despatch of orders is done in 24 hours, the settings will be 1 day before collection by TNT. The system uses this information to calculate the shipping date and to get an ETA for delivery. Unlike other TNT extensions, the shipping date calculated by the system excludes weekends and public holidays for the origin State.
The extension displays relevant error messages. For example, if the suburb does not match the postcode. The extension also validates the street address entered so that customers cannot set their delivery address to Postal Boxes or Roadside Delivery (as these are not supported by TNT Express Australia). This means less hassle for the store owner as the delivery address is already validated before the order is placed.
TNT Australia's Rapid Transit Time (RTT)
The extension uses the TNT Australia's Rapid Transit Time (RTT) API to get the shipping rates in realtime. The API returns key information including the cost and delivery timeframe, ultimately allowing store owners to provide accurate shipping information to their customers in Australia.
Registration with TNT Express Australia is required in order to successfully authenticate with TNT Australia's API. A valid TNT Australia account which has been registered for use with the External RTT is needed . Registered users will be assigned a username and password which will be used for authentication. Please contact TNT Australia's CIT helpdesk via email@example.com for assistance with registration / authentication details.
If you have any issue with the extension, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide the following information so that we can check the issue:
- Site’s URL
- Admin URL
- Admin username and password
- FTP host, port, username and password
We endeavour to fix all issues within 48 hours.
Our business hours are as follows (Australian Eastern Standard Time):
- Monday – Friday: from 9am to 5pm
- Saturday: 9am to 1pm
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 2.0 2.1 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
- Bug when changing address in the Checkout
- Compatible with CE: 2.0 2.1
- Stability: Stable Build