Fastway Courier shipping extension for Magento calculates the shipping fee to charge for the items in the customer's shopping cart in real time.
OverviewBack to top
The Fastway Couriers shipping extension is used to display the shipping cost of the products in the customer's cart. The extension uses Fastway API version 3 to get live shipping rates based on the weight of the items in the cart, the origin, and the destination of the delivery. The extension get the shipping cost in real time from Fastway. It displays the shipping cost on the Cart page and on the Checkout page. This extension can be used in Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Northern Ireland, and South Africa.
You can configure the Fastway Couriers shipping extension to use Parcel and/or Satchel services. If your account with Fastway Couriers gives you access to the Frequent Rate, you can enable this option from the backend. You can add a handling fee on top of Fastway Couriers' rate if needed.
This Fastway Couriers shipping module will calculate the shipping cost based on the cubic weight of the cart. You will need to set the weight of all your products for this extension to work properly.
The extension uses the Fastway API to get the shipping rates in realtime. The API returns key information including the cost and delivery timeframe, ultimately allowing store owners to provide accurate shipping information to their customers no matter their location.
Fastway Couriers API is FREE to use and there is no fee for setting up an account. You will need to have an API Key for Fastway to be able to use this module. If you do not have an API Key, you can request one here: http://api.fastway.org/v3/docs/page/GetAPIKey.html
- Automatically calculates the shipping cost based on the weight of the products in the cart and the destination address
- Enable/disable satchel and/or parcel services
- Enable/disable the user of Frequent Rate
- Add handling fee on top of the shipping cost
- Retrieve the rate's from the Fastway account using an personalised API Key
- Automatically get a list of Regional Franchise based on the store's country setting
- Enable/disable the display of delivery estimates
- Enable/disable the module from the backend
- Set the countries applicable for the shipping method
- Set the name of the shipping method which will be displayed in the frontend
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 2.0 2.1 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
Initial version with the following features:
- Services supported: parcel, satchel, box
- Ability to select frequent or normal rates
- Handling fee for each type of services
- Show/hide delivery estimates
- Break large orders into multiple parcels according to the weight limit of the country