Simple way to specify flexible flat rates per product
OverviewBack to top
For your potential buyer, flat rate is a most simple and clear way to understand shipping cost. No calculating, measuring or weighing required. Also, flat rates management is a quite simple task for the seller. But usage of the standard Magento flat rates is limited and not convenient for many stores.
If your store sells a large variety of products or takes orders with a large number of items, it is difficult for you to estimate the right flat rate. Your shipping expenses, sales, and the profit will vary greatly depending on what your customers include in their shopping cart. In some cases, customers will likely be paying more than they should. In other cases, customers will be paying less. In short, you could lose customers or your profit.
So, how you can save profit and keep customers on the store? You can use more complicated shipping methods or can try Flat Rate per Product extension.
Main features of Flat Rates per Product extension
Our simple extension contains a complete set of functions to manage flat rates in the Magento e-store:
- Specify flat rates for each product taking into account weight, delivery services provider and delivery address (by Zip codes)
- Set up special flat rates based on the quantity of items in the shopping cart
- Specify maximum and minimum flat rate instead of summing up all rates in the shopping cart
- Setup flat rates for specific countries
- Use function of default flat rates for the products that have no individual rates specified
- Export/Import your setup to be used on different e-shops
Flat rates per product extension is the accurate tool to manage flat rates in your store
This extension allows specifying more precise rates for each product in an e-shop.
The extension will let you to:
- Calculate accurate flat rates and use them. So you will have vise flat rates based on product specifics and delivery address. That will provide the desired level of profitability for an e-shop. There are no changes in UI for your customers. They will see simple and clear flat rate in a shopping cart. So your customer can decide if this price fits him.
- Use special marketing approaches to boost sales. With our extension you can set attractable rates for some totals in a shopping cart. Amount based rates will lead the customer to think about the economy when he buys more. E-shop will increase of average check. Also, good flat rates are considered as a positive experience so a buyer will be willing to return. Also, you can set specific flat rates for some products to raise attention to them. E.g. what price you would consider more attractive: $18 + free shipping OR $15+$2.99? It seems identical. But modern studies show that second one is considered more attractive by most of the customers.
- Our solution only extends standard platform functions in an Administrator Panel. Setup of flat rates will remain as simple as in clean Magento.You do not need to use bulky grids, install some calculations or order custom changes into the code of your e-store. Simply install this extension and use flat rates for any product.
Additional yet important information
MageWorkshop team always eager to support best interactions between e-shop owners, technical persons and our extensions:
The installation process of Flat Rates per Product extension is standard. If you already have experience installing any other extensions into your e-shop then most probably you will manage the process. Just follow the Installation guide.
If you not sure about your skills or just do not have time to mess with the installation - order Installation service and will be glad to help you with this task.
To make yourself familiar with the module you will need about 20-25 minutes. Refer to provided User Manual for details.
If you have faced the problems during installation, setup process or usage of this extension - simply send us a letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You are free to submit for the refund during 25 days since the transaction on the marketplace. We are strictly following the rules and policies of the marketplace and guarantee our support and willingness to solve any appeared issues.
If you will submit for the refund please pay attention that our team is not involved in this process and you request is processed by Magento Marketplace administration.
Updates and support
We provide updates and support for the extension during the whole lifecycle of the current platform.
Updates are free for all buyers for current versions of the platform.
If you will be so kind to share your requests and ideas regarding the extension we would be glad to include them into our backlog and consider their implementation. Please send your emails to support email@example.com
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 2.1
- Stability: Stable Build
Minor refactoring of code
- Compatible with CE: 2.1
- Stability: Stable Build
A one of a more accurate solution it is the ability to set the flat rate per product. However, you need extended standard functions in Admin Panel. Also is some additional things. For example the ability to set flat rates for some products by default.
Flat Rate per Product extension by MageWorkshop include this functions and have other features.
The features Flat rates per Product extension:
1. To specify a flat rate with shipping method for any products.
2. Compatible flat rates with the different product types.
3. Create flat rates tiers based upon the quantities products in the shopping cart.
4. Create high flat rate or high flat rate with configurable percent in the cart instead of the sum of all rates.
5. To charge the lowest rate instead of the sum of all rates in the shopping cart. To use a different approach to managing flat rates.
6. If flat rates do not specify for some products the extension will use the default.
7. To add multiple service levels (ground, expedited, next day air, etc.).
8. To create special flat rates for additional countries.
9. Ability to migrate from another shopping cart without having to change the way charge for shipping. If you have reasons to change platform further but need keep your shipping strategy.