OverviewBack to top
Store Restriction Pro allows the store owner to hide any content page (category, product & information) on their website from specific customers. And non-restricted customers are forced to log in to see restricted content.
This extension provides the option to disable the customer registration from the storefront along with the configurable custom message (as per store). Also, this extension gives the store owner the ability to approve or reject the new customer account.
- Restrict the store for logged-in only users
- Configure which customer groups are only allowed to access the restricted store
- Configure which pages(category, product, cms & custom modules) can be accessed as the guest user for restricted store
- Define custom landing URL & message for restricted user
- Option to disable the frontend customer registration with a custom message
- Provides store owner the ability to approve or reject the new customer account
- Functionality can be configured as per store (in case of a multi-store website)
- Essential module for B2B/B2C, private sale, member-only, invite-only stores.
- Upgrade proof module(purely event-observer based, no any preferences/rewrites)
Cases For Disabling Frontend Registration
- If you want to create a member-only store (private store) where access to the user registration page is sent via email with a special link.
- If you want to create a website for the Wholesale company (B2B store) and limit customer registration. So that the admin has more control on verifying and creating the customer with the required customer group.
- If you want to create any normal B2C store where only the admin has the right to create the customer account with the required customer group.
Limiting/Restricting Store Access
You may want to restrict the CMS, category, product, or any other pages to the logged-in customer (of certain groups) only, where ineligible users will be forced to login or register to view the page. This kind of functionality is normally used by the member-only, invite-only, private sale, or B2B store. Using this extension, you can restrict the store to an only logged-in customer of a certain group while allowing the guest access to certain pages. Also, it includes an option to redirect the guest user or not allowed the customer to the custom landing page (Login, CMS, or any custom page) with a configured custom message.
Requiring Customer Activation/Approval
This feature gives the store owner the ability to approve or reject the new customer account.
Since it requires the pre-verification of every new customer, it becomes one of the essentials modules for B2B & B2C. Some of the key features:
- Option to enable/disable the customer approval feature
- Configurable customer groups that require admin approval
- Option to auto-approve new customer registration
- Easier approval management for the admin
- Notify admin on new customer registration (with configurable email template)
- Notify customer on his/her account approval or rejection (with configurable email template)
- Configurable message (HTML tags supported) & redirection for the non-approved customer
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3 (current), 2.0 (obsolete), 2.1 (obsolete)
27 May, 2020
Extensions, Content & Customizations, Personalization & Experience Management
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
- Refactored the code
- Added HTML tag support in custom messages
- Fixed the /customer/account/createPassword bug
- Added customer activation/approval feature
- Fixed the system configuration tab image issue
- Fixed redirection issue from the homepage
- Fixed registration disabled case
- Tested the compatibility with Magento v2.3.X
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.0 2.1
- Stability: Stable Build
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor