OverviewBack to top
Region & City Dropdown Manager extension allows the store admin to manage(add, edit, delete, bulk import) regions/states & cities. This extension also converts the text-input city field to the select dropdown in checkout address (shipping & billing) & customer address pages for both storefront and backend.
Magento 2 by default has only the data-structure for regions/states without any administration capabilities. Also, the city field is displayed as text-input leading typos & invalid addresses.
With this extension, store admin can easily manage both regions & cities from the backend UI. And the list of cities which are managed from the backend will be shown as a select dropdown to the customer during checkout & address management with a search box. This will not only avoid the typos/invalid address issue but also help the store owner to target the cities for shipping rates and cart rules.
- Manage regions/provinces/states & cities easily via backend UI
- Ability to bulk import regions & cities via CSV file
- Ability to export regions & cities as a CSV file
- Display city as a dropdown field with search option in the storefront (checkout shipping/billing address & customer address book)
- Display city as a dropdown field in the backend (customer edit address, edit order shipping/billing address & create new order shipping/billing address)
Easier Management of Regions & Cities
With this extension, store admin can perform the following actions on the entities
- Add new region/city
- Edit existing region/city
- Delete existing region/city
- Bulk update/delete regions/cities
- Bulk import regions/cities
- Export regions/cities data
- Manage locale-based names
Export of Regions & Cities
You can easily export all or filtered regions & cities data as a CSV from backend UI.
Import of Regions & Cities
In case if you have lots of regions/cities to be added to the system, adding them one-by-one is a tedious task.
With this extension, you can easily download the sample CSV file (or export the existing data), prepare the CSV file, and perform the bulk update.
You can also import locale name(s) for regions & cities in the single go
Currently, we have a ready-made CSV for regions & cities (with locale name) for the following countries
- United Arab Emirates
- More lists will be added soon
Display City as a Dropdown Select
This extension converts the text-input city field to the select dropdown in checkout address (shipping & billing) & customer address pages for both storefront and backend.
Search Option in Dropdown
The city dropdown is also configurable to have the search box inside the dropdown that can be very handy to the users if the list is big.
Having city as a dropdown field can have the following advantages for the store:
- Eliminates typos, reduces the entry of incorrect addresses
- Effortless selection of regions/cities for customers
- Can be used in the shipping fee calculator
- Can be used as a shopping condition for the cart rules
- Easier to restrict shipping based on cities
Support for Multi-Locales
If you have multiple stores with different locales, you can easily manage region & city names based on locales.
Multi-locale values are also supported by the import/export functionality of regions & cities
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Adobe Commerce platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
Commerce on Cloud (ECE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
18 February, 2021
Extensions, Content & Customizations, Personalization & Experience Management
Chrome, Opera, Safari, Edge
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Adobe Commerce that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.3 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on Cloud (ECE) : 2.3 2.4
- Stability: Stable Build
* Added searchable option for city dropdown
* Fixed di:compile issue
* Added Tested compatibility against Magento v2.4.1
* Fixed "Trying to access array offset on value of type bool" issue in PHP 7.4
* Fixed city data not copying issue when guest user is converted to customer
* Fixed the table prefix issue in regions & cities import
* Fixed the ACL issue
* Fixed the city sorting issue in drodpdown
* Tested compatibility against Magento v2.4.0
* Initial Release
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Adobe Commerce developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor