Webhook for Magento 2 supports online stores to speed up the updates and notifications in real time. When specific events occur, the module assists to send an API request to a configurable destination (URL).
OverviewBack to top
Webhook by Mageplaza is a great tool to optimize your store online system. The main mission of the module is to update events regularly and then continue to send a notification to the selected destination (URL). It is such a time-saving and useful module that you can not miss it.
- Allow sending API request when a certain event happens
- Allow sending API request when the abandon cart occurs
- Allow sending leads/customer data to CRM or Email Marketing tools
- Able to request or response through logs
- Allow sending alerts when request errors occur
- Totally compatible with Mageplaza SMTP
Problems & Solutions
What Is Webhook?
Let just compare between the webhook and the doorbell. The components of a doorbell contain the bell’s button and the bell in the house. After a person presses the button, the bell will generate sound to notify the owner that someone is waiting in front of the door. It is the sound which is created by the button to the doorbell.
Webhook performance is quite similar to the doorbell. A specific event will trigger the HTTP callbacks. In detail, when an event happens, webhook will notice the event and continue to collect data. After that, the data continues to be collected and moves to the URL via an HTTP request form.
Advantages Of Webhook
- Update an event which has just been taken place in a short time
- Similar to a mediator, it helps to synchronize the data across to several web applications
- Service for shipping method: Appropriate shipping method will connect to a specific webhook (e.g: by rail, by sea, by air)
- Admins can connect to more than one application when the event in an application influences the event in a different application.
Send An API Request After An Event Occurs
Mageplaza Webhook has the ability to recognize the events which continue to send API requests on other applications or servers at the time the events happen. The module supports to create hooks base on events including:
- New Order/Invoice/Shipment/Credit Memo
- New Order Comment
- New/Update/Delete Customer
- New/Update/Delete Product
- New/Update/Delete Category
- Customer Login
- Cart abandonment
Send An API Request When Cart Abandonment Occurs
This is one of the most outstanding features that can send API requests when customers abandon their cart.
Furthermore, if stores happen to have a department specializing in Customer Care or Sales, it can be very valuable to attain Webhook developed for Magento 2. Why? Important data can be updated in a blink of an eye for deeper analysis of issues to improve the customer experience.
Send Leads/ Shoppers Information To Email Marketing Tools Or CRM
Webhook is a great module for stores that own CRM and/or Email Marketing systems. The new data such as new orders, new buyers or updates will be sent to these servers automatically.
You can rest assured that this tool can satisfy your needs along with continuous updates of relevant data to the appropriate destination. As a result, the process of sales and after-sales will progress effectively.
Able To Request Or Respond Through Logs
The hook is provided with two types of status - success or error. There will be messages displayed on the log for error hooks.
In addition, admins can see more details of the hooks which contain Log ID and entity as well as preview responses in the action field log.
When API requests occur error, the module can warn admins via emails.
Clear Logs Automatically
As the total of log reach climax, the logs will be auto-cleaned.
Resend A Request
A new request will be sent after the error has been fixed.
Full Feature List
- Able/disable the extension
- Send notice about the abandon cart on set time
- Send an alert email after an error occurs
- Allow choosing email templates
- Allow setting keeping log total number
- Auto-clean the log
- Allow setting webhook name
- Allow setting webhook’s priority, store view, status
- Allow inserting Payload URL
- Able selecting method to send a request
- Insert the hook header
- Select types of content
- Allow inserting variables to the body and preview
- Use a grid to manage hooks
- View all logs status, entity, and messages
- View the logs error messages
- Able to Preview response or Replay a specific log
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.2 2.3
- Compatible with Commerce using on prem (EE) : 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
- Added subscribe event
- Used cron schedule to send request & email
- Added Log grid to Hook edit form
- Compatible with Magento 2.3
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.1 2.2
- Compatible with Commerce using on prem (EE) : 2.1 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
Released on 2019-01-09