OverviewBack to top
Special Promotions extension developed by Mageplaza empowers store admins with the ability to make different and exciting discount rules based on particular conditions with ease. Mageplaza Special Promotion extension is a useful tool for online businesses to get more customer attention, increase conversion rates, and boost store sales.
The module allows store admins to create complicated yet enticing promotions, for example, “Buy a product with the quantity of 5, get 2 of them with a fixed discounted prices” or “Buy product A with the quantity of 5 get product B free”. Below, please find some typical discounts rules store owners can offer with the help of the Special Promotions extension.
- Discounts for the Xth products (e.g. 15% off for the third and fourth items)
- Discounts for each amount with each product in cart (e.g. buy each $30 of each product get $2 discount)
- Discount for each amount with the whole cart (e.g. buy each $30 of the whole cart get $2 discount)
- Apply to a number of the cheapest/ most expensive items in cart
- Add conditions to the rules of the promotion (e.g. order amount, created day/period, status)
- Discount breakdown to display details
- View promotions on the frontend under Developer mode
- Limit total discount
- Well compatible with Multiple Coupons
Popular Promotion Rules
- Buy three similar products, get a discount to only $20 each.
- Buy three similar products, get a discount to only $20 each, and only applies to the cheapest item in cart.
- For orders created early than 30 July, buy three similar products, discount to only $20 each, and only applies to the cheapest item in cart.
- For orders created in the previous four days, for each $30 spent, get a $1 discount for each item in cart.
- For pending or processing orders, for each $30 spent, get a $1 discount for two cheapest items in cart.
- For orders created within one month, for each $30 spent, get a $1 discount for two most expensive items in cart.
What Are Drawbacks of Default Magento Promotions?
Limited Discount Rules
With Magento 2 default promotions, the store owners are only allowed to offer discounts based on product attributes and cart attributes. They can not offer discounts based on order data.
Limited Discount Actions
In Magento 2 default, there are only four discount rule options, as following:
- Percent of product price discount
- Fixed amount discount
- Fixed amount discount for the whole cart
- Buy X get Y free (Y is discount amount)
Inadequate Information On Cart Price Rules Grid
The cart price rules grid of Magento 2 default only shows some general information such as rule names, coupon codes, valid dates, statuses, and store views. Therefore, it causes inconvenience in managing cart price rules.
Impossibility Of Narrow Discount Application
In Magento 2 default, the store admins are only able to apply the discounts to the whole cart. In case, they would like to narrow the discount extent to specific cart items; it is unable.
How Does Special Promotions Solve The Problem?
Provide Extra Order Conditions
With the help of Mageplaza Special Promotion extension, the store owners can create various promotions based on additional order conditions:
- Total quantity
- Total amount
- Total paid amount
- Total refunded amount
- Average amount
- Order status
- Order created date
- Order is created within days
Provide Extra Cart Actions
Here are some new exciting discounts which Mageplaza Special Promotion brings out:
- To-fixed amount discount
- For each $X spent, get $Y discount
- For each $X spent, get $Y discount for the whole cart
- Buy X get Y free
Apply Discounts To The Cheapest/Most Expensive Products
Mageplaza Special Promotion allows narrowing the application range of discount to specific cart item in the following cases:
- Apply discount to the cheapest product
- Apply discount to the most expensive product
Accurate Cart Price Rules Grid
Besides Magento 2 available columns, there are also:
- Discount type
- Discount amount
- Item action
- Action (Edit)
Special Promotions Based On Order Data
With the support of Magento 2 Special Promotions, store owners can make a variety of promotions based on the special conditions of order specifications:
- The order value: total quantity, total amount, total paid amount, total refunded amount, and average amount.
- The order status
- The order created date
- The orders created within (days)
For instance, the promotion will be applied for the orders when their total paid amount equals or greater than $300 and the order status is complete.
Thanks to the improvement in order conditions, the discount rules are applied more accurately and suitably.
Apply Discounts To The Cheapest/Most Expensive Products
One of the striking features of the Special Promotion extension is allowing the store admins to narrow the actions of the discount rule to specific cart items. Below are two options for them:
- Apply the discount rule to only the cheapest product.
- Apply the discount rule to only the most expensive product.
Buy The Xth Products With A Discounted Price
Admin can set a fixed discounted price for each of the Xth items when customers buy a quantity of a product. For example, buy each group of 5 t-shirts A ($50 each t-shirt) in which each of the 4th and 5th items cost only $39.
Get A Discount For Each Amount Spent On Each Item
When customers buy each amount of an item in the cart, they get a discount value. For example, item A ($50), item B ($30), buy each $20 and get a $1 discount, applied item by item. Customers can use the promotion to buy product A with the price of ($48 = $50 - $2) and B with the price of ($29 = $30 - $1).
Get A Discount For Each Amount Of The Whole Cart
When customers buy each amount of the whole cart value, they get a discount value. For example, item A ($50), item B ($30), buy each $20 and get a $1 discount, applied for the whole cart. Customers can the promotion to get the order with the discount amount of $4 = ($50 + $30)/$20
Buy X Get Y Free
Customers can get a number of item Y for free when buy a number of item X. For example when you buy 5 mugs A, get 2 spoons B for free.
Improve Cart Rules Grid
The Special Promotions extension comes with detailed a Cart Rules Grid with useful changes to help the store admins manage the discount rules more conveniently and effectively:
- Add extra columns: Discount Type, Discount Amount, Item Action. Thanks to this enhancement, store admins can view, search, and filter the most necessary information about cart price rules.
- Mass action: The store admins can delete, activate, inactivate multiple cart price rules at the same time.
Show discount rules one by one
Allow specific IP addresses to access discount details for products
Limit Total Discount
Set the maximum discount amount for the whole cart (by the fixed amount or by percent of cart subtotal)
Coupon Pick Up Pop-up
Customers can type in the code or choose one from a pop-up on the checkout page
Well compatible with Mageplaza Multiple Coupons
Duplicate For Quick Rules (Coming Soon)
Quickly make the new rules by duplicating and customizing the current rules
Cart Hint (Coming Soon)
Suggest customers about promotions via the hint message
Support Rest API
Enable using Rest API to show discount information of the promotion in cart
Full Feature List
For Store Admins
Create/Manage Cart Price Rules
- Access to all cart price rules via a grid
- Input general information of rules: Rule Name, Description, Websites, Customer Groups, Priority
- Input information about coupon: Coupon, Coupon Code, Uses, Valid Time
- Set the conditions to apply the cart price rules: product attribute combination, product subselection, order subselection, cart attribute, condition combination. If store admins use order conditions, they can select additional conditions, including total value base, order history, and order status.
- Set actions for the rules according to existing default Magento options
- Set actions for the rules according to new options of the extension: To-fixed amount discount, For each $X spent, get $Y discount, For each $X spent, get $Y discount for the whole cart
- Set a discount number based on each action type
- Set maximum Qty discount
- Set Discount Qty (Buy X)
- Choose Maximum Discount Type: No, Fixed amount, Percent of cart subtotal
- Able/Disable discount applied to the shipping amounts
- Able/Disable discarding subsequent rules
- Choose free shipping condition
- Set conditions and actions for cart item
- Properly compatible with other modules: Save Cart, Tier Price, Coupon Code, Daily Deal.
- Turn on/turn off the extension
- Show details of discounts
- Set the upper limit of discount amount for the whole cart
- Allow/disallow the developer mode
- Add whitelist IP(s)
- More chances to get benefits with a variety of discounts
- Have better shopping experiences with attractive promotions
Q: Can I use default promotions of Magento when installing this extension?
A: Yes. You can find four types of default Magento cart price rules when choosing the promotion types.
Q: Where can I find API?
A: You can find API details on the REST API section of our User Guide which is linked below.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Adobe Commerce platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current), 2.2 (obsolete)
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current), 2.2 (obsolete)
30 June, 2021
Extensions, Sales, Gifts, Rewards & Loyalty
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Adobe Commerce that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.4
- Stability: Stable Build
Supported Magento v2.4
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.2 2.3
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Adobe Commerce developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor