Special Promotions for Magento 2 improves cart price rules to assist e-commerce stores in creating a variety of discounts and promotions to attract customers and rocket sales significantly.
OverviewBack to top
Special Promotions extension developed by Mageplaza empowers store admins with the ability to make different and exciting discount rules based on particular conditions with ease. Mageplaza Special Promotion extension is a useful tool for online businesses to get more customer attention, increase conversion rates, and boost store sales.
This module implements more configuration options in order to the store admin can set different discount rules apart from the current default cart price rules provided by Magento 2. Below, please find some typical discounts rules store owners can offer with the help of the Special Promotions extension.
- Buy three similar products, get a discount to only $20 each.
- Buy three similar products, get a discount to only $20 each, and only applies to the cheapest item in cart.
- For orders created early than 30 July 2019, buy three similar products, discount to only $20 each, and only applies to the cheapest item in cart.
- For orders created in the previous four days, for each $30 spent, get a $1 discount for each item in cart.
- For pending or processing orders, for each $30 spent, get a $1 discount for two cheapest items in cart.
- For orders created within one month, for each $30 spent, get a $1 discount for two most expensive items in cart.
- Special promotions based on order value, order status, and purchasing history
- Special promotions applied to cart items
- More choices for discount type
- Improve cart price rules with details and mass action
- Discount breakdown to display details
- Developer mode
- Limit total discount
- Well compatible with Multiple Coupons
Problems & Solutions
Limited Discount Rules
With Magento 2 default promotions, the store owners are only allowed to offer discounts based on product attributes and cart attributes. They can not offer discounts based on order data.
Limited Discount Actions
In Magento 2 default, there are only four discount rule options, as following:
- Percent of product price discount
- Fixed amount discount
- Fixed amount discount for the whole cart
- Buy X get Y free (Y is discount amount)
Inadequate Information On Cart Price Rules Grid
The cart price rules grid of Magento 2 default only shows some general information such as rule names, coupon codes, valid dates, statuses, and store views. Therefore, it causes inconvenience in managing cart price rules.
Impossibility Of Narrow Discount Application
In Magento 2 default, the store admins are only able to apply the discounts to the whole cart. In case, they would like to narrow the discount extent to specific cart items; it is unable.
How The Extension Solves The Problem
Provide Extra Order Conditions
With the help of Mageplaza Special Promotion extension, the store owners can create various promotions based on additional order conditions:
- Total quantity
- Total amount
- Total paid amount
- Total refunded amount
- Average amount
- Order status
- Order created date
- Order is created within days
Provide Extra Cart Actions
Here are some new exciting discounts which Mageplaza Special Promotion brings out:
- To-fixed amount discount
- For each $X spent, get $Y discount
- For each $X spent, get $Y discount for the whole cart
Provide Extra Cart Item Actions
Mageplaza Special Promotion allows narrowing the application range of discount to specific cart item in the following cases:
- Apply discount to the cheapest product
- Apply discount to the most expensive product
Accurate Cart Price Rules Grid
Besides Magento 2 available columns, there are also:
- Discount type
- Discount amount
- Item action
- Action (Edit)
Special Promotions Based On Order Data
With the support of Magento 2 Special Promotions, store owners can make a variety of promotions based on the special conditions of order specifications:
- The order value: total quantity, total amount, total paid amount, total refunded amount, and average amount.
- The order status
- The order created date
- The orders created within (days)
For instance, the promotion will be applied for the orders when their total paid amount equals or greater than $300 and the order status is complete.
Thanks to the improvement in order conditions, the discount rules are applied more accurately and suitably.
Special Promotions Applied To Cart Items
One of the striking features of the Special Promotion extension is allowing the store admins to narrow the actions of the discount rule to specific cart items. Below are two options for them:
- Apply the discount rule to only the cheapest product.
- Apply the discount rule to only the most expensive product.
More Choices For Discount Types
Besides available promotion types in Magento default, the Special Promotion extension adds up to three new types:
- Set the final amount after discount. For instance, $15 means the final price of each product after the discount is $15
- Spend X amount, get a Y discount amount. For instance, for each $30-product, the buyer gets a $1 discount
- Spend X amount, get a Y discount amount for the whole cart. For example, for each $30-cart, the buyer gets a $1 discount
Improve Cart Rules Grid
The Special Promotions extension comes with detailed a Cart Rules Grid with useful changes to help the store admins manage the discount rules more conveniently and effectively:
- Add extra columns: Discount Type, Discount Amount, Item Action. Thanks to this enhancement, store admins can view, search, and filter the most necessary information about cart price rules.
- Mass action: The store admins can delete, activate, inactivate multiple cart price rules at the same time.
Show discount rules one by one
Allow specific IP addresses to access discount details for products
Limit Total Discount
Set the maximum discount amount for the whole cart (by the fixed amount or by percent of cart subtotal)
Well compatible with Mageplaza Multiple Coupons
Duplicate For Quick Rules (Coming Soon)
Quickly make the new rules by duplicating and customizing the current rules
Cart Hint (Coming Soon)
Suggest customers about promotions via the hint message
Full Feature List
For Store Admins
Create/Manage Cart Price Rules
- Access to all cart price rules via a grid
- Input general information of rules: Rule Name, Description, Websites, Customer Groups, Priority
- Input information about coupon: Coupon, Coupon Code, Uses, Valid Time
- Set the conditions to apply the cart price rules: product attribute combination, product subselection, order subselection, cart attribute, condition combination. If store admins use order conditions, they can select additional conditions, including total value base, order history, and order status.
- Set actions for the rules according to existing default Magento options
- Set actions for the rules according to new options of the extension: To-fixed amount discount, For each $X spent, get $Y discount, For each $X spent, get $Y discount for the whole cart
- Set a discount number based on each action type
- Set maximum Qty discount
- Set Discount Qty (Buy X)
- Choose Maximum Discount Type: No, Fixed amount, Percent of cart subtotal
- Able/Disable discount applied to the shipping amounts
- Able/Disable discarding subsequent rules
- Choose free shipping condition
- Set conditions and actions for cart item
- Properly compatible with other modules: Save Cart, Tier Price, Coupon Code, Daily Deal.
- Turn on/turn off the extension
- Show details of discounts
- Set the upper limit of discount amount for the whole cart
- Allow/disallow the developer mode
- Add whitelist IP(s)
- More chances to get benefits with a variety of discounts
- Have better shopping experiences with attractive promotions
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.2 2.3
- Compatible with Commerce using on prem (EE) : 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build