OverviewBack to top
Mageplaza Save Cart & Buy Later is a useful extension for every type of online stores. The extension will store each customer cart/item information in the Buy Later notes to assists them in next purchases. Save Cart & Buy Later for Magento is a conversion booster and customer retention enhancer. Below are some applications that explain how the module works:
- Review a combo set for a blog: When a blogger wants to write a review for a fashion set, they can easily insert the link of a shopping cart in a suitable position of the content. For the readers who are interested in the shopping cart, they can purchase instantly via the link which navigates the readers to the shopping cart with a full combo ready to be purchased.
- Order a whole appliance kit in one click: In a hardware store, products are normally bought in a group which can be called as an appliance kit. Online stores can take advantage of this link to introduce customers the full kit so they can save time for the shoppers.
- The Save Cart links can benefit other cases: The links can be used for many other purposes to support store operation. For example, the store utilizes it to become an affiliate link. Customers will be motivated to take part in the affiliate by simply sharing links to other potential buyers and gain rewards.
- Store the whole cart for further purchases
- Store each item for further purchases
- Saved the cart link for better convenience
- Purchase instantly when restoring a saved cart
- Friendly display with a pop-up and AJAX support
- Access to the backend to view Buy Later Notes
- Implement another Buy Later Note on the frontend
- Able to show a link to access the Buy Later Notes page
- Allow applying to all types of products
- Well compatible with Share Cart extension by Mageplaza
- Allow guests to use the Saved Cart button
Store The Whole Cart For Further Purchases
By saving the whole cart data, customers can visit the store and purchase the old cart more easily. The whole cart will be saved by clicking on the Save Cart button. Furthermore, the saved cart can be attached to its name and the description written by the buyers. The saved cart will be ready for customers to access anytime on the dashboard.
Store Each Item For Further Purchases
Not only customers can save the whole cart but they can also save each item separately in the shopping cart. When the customer adds multiple items to the shopping cart for comparison and they do not want to save the whole list of products contained in the cart, they can save their preferred items for the later purchase.
Saved Cart Link
This is an extremely useful function. The saved cart or saved items will be converted into a link to use for specific purposes. Customers can send recommendations to friends or other potential buyers. By clicking on the link, the clickers are redirected to the shopping cart right away. Besides, there are various cases stores can apply with this link such as using blog to review a set of store products, clicking on the link to purchase in a combo, or using it as an affiliate link. Moreover, the stores can use it as the internal link for their marketing purposes.
Purchase Instantly When Restoring Saved Cart
When customers want to come back to purchase their saved items, they only have to restore it in a matter of seconds. There is a button to restore the order which locates right next to save the cart and save products buttons which willing to help to merge saved items to the current shopping cart. The restore cart button will help customers feel more welcomed whenever they come back to complete the checkout. With this, stores can say goodbye to abandoned carts and avoid missing potential buyers.
Display With A Pop-Up & AJAX Support
After the customer chooses to enter the Save Cart button, a pop-up that requires the cart’s name and description verification will appear for the buyer. AJAX is also supported to prevent any redirecting when shoppers move any items to the Saved product list. With the mixture two advanced technology, pop-up, and AJAX, you can successfully enhance the shopping experience right on the shopping cart page.
Admins Can View Buy Later Notes
In the customer detail page, actions like view, search, delete the saved cart/products the Buy Later Notes will be available for the admin.
Buy Later Notes On The Frontend
The information about the saved cart or products can be viewed by the customer in Buy Later Notes tab in My Account dashboard. They also have the permission to save, share, restore and delete their saved cart/products easily.
Show A Link To Access The Buy Later Notes Page
Admins are able to decide to display the saved cart link on the top or footer link to redirect to their saved cart/items.
Allow Applying To All Types Of Products
All product types will be available to apply in Save Cart & Buy Later extensions such as Simple Product, Configurable Product, Virtual Product, Group Product, Downloadable Product, and Bundle Product.
Compatible With The Share Cart Extension
The module is compatible with Share Cart extension created by Mageplaza.
Allow Guests To Use The Save Cart Button
The owner can extend the save cart function available to store’s guests and encourage them to register in order to take notes on the saved cart information.
Full Feature List
For Store Admins
- Allow turning on/off the module
- Allow setting the Save Cart button’s title
- Show/Hide Save Cart button from guest
- Choose to display the link for the Buy Later Cart Page at the footer link or the top link
- Able to allow/disallow shoppers to use a copied link to share the saved cart/product
- Able to upload icons for Buy Later Product icon to present on a mobile version
Manage Saved Carts/ Products
- Use Buy Later Notes tab in the customer detail page to view the saved cart and customer’s saved products
- The admin can delete the saved carts or customer's saved products from the backend
- Buy later after saving the whole cart
- Save items separately for later purchases
- Details of saved carts/items recorded in Buy Later Notes
- Able to access Buy Later Notes by clicking on the footer link or top link
- One-click to delete saved carts/items
- Use copied links to share the saved carts/ items
- Click on the Restore button to purchase the saved carts
Q: When a cart is added with various items, can the modules assists customers to save certain items for the cart?
A: Yes, the customers can click on the “Buy Later” button to save the item.
Q: How does the Restore function work?
A: After customer click on the Restore buttons, the items from their Buy Later Notes will be moved to the current cart to continue the checkout process.
Q: Do the extension have a user guide?
A: You can read the user guide via this link.
Q: Do I have to pay for a monthly subscription?
A: No, you only need to pay one time with no hidden cost.
Q: How to install this module?
A: After you have successfully purchased the extension, you need to follow our instruction. Or you can decide to purchase our installation service right here. Our technical team will install the module for you within 24 hours and deal with any problems occur during the process.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3 (current), 2.2 (obsolete)
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.3 (current), 2.2 (obsolete)
19 April, 2021
Extensions, Content & Customizations, Personalization & Experience Management, Product Content, Site Search & Navigation
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.2 2.3
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor