OverviewBack to top
Mageplaza Required Login is an add-on tool that is used to keep visitors from accessing specific pages without logging in first. This extension allows store owners to generate and manage customer information as well as ensure the site’s security.
- Only allow registered users to access
- Apply the login request with any page
- Lead customers to specific pages
- Turn on/turn off account creation function
- Suitably compatible with Mageplaza Social Login and One Step Checkout
Problems & Solutions
Advantages Of Required Login
- Control User’s Access With Ease: The visitors who would like to reach all or part of the information on a website are required to log into their account first. Hence, it is easy for store owners to control the customer’s access. In addition, Mageplaza Required Login extension helps the site to avoid ill-intentioned and unknown access.
- Increase Customer Data & Boost Company Benefits: Required Login means new users are required to sign in for an account by filling in personal information such as email addresses. Hence, the store owners easily get customer’s data which is very useful for the store’s promotion campaigns.
- Better Protection Of Sensitive Information: In order to secure the business’s sensitive and unique data including information about privacy policies, prices, company bio or even product details, it is essential for store owners to control access to this information. Required Login for Magento 2 is an effective solution in this case.
Only Allow Registered Users To Access
Mageplaza Required Login is the supportive extension that is applied to any pages the store owners want. To view the page’s information, visitors are required to log into their account first. If users already have an account, they are required to sign in with their email address and enter the password for the account. After logging in successfully, the page will become accessible.
Apply The Login Request With Any Page
The extension helps store owners freely set login requirements for any type of page. For Default pages, Require Login can be applied to:
- Product Detail Page
- Category Page
- Checkout Cart Page
- Checkout Onepage
- Catalog Search Page
- Contact Page
Lead Customers To Specific Pages
Thanks to the Redirect function, it is possible customers can be easily redirected to a specific page after successfully logging into their account. Store admins can freely select the destinations URL with different options:
- Use the Customer Configuration
- Customer Dashboard
- Home Page
- Previous Page
Store admins can make use of functions in order to make a promotion or introduce a product in order to encourage further purchases. Depending on the particular purpose of store owners, they can take advantage to redirect customers to targeted pages.
Turn On/Turn Off Account Creation Functions
Another striking feature of Mageplaza Required Login is that the admin can allow or disallow visitors to create accounts. If this function is disabled, new users can not access a page, so they have to leave that page. With the support of this useful feature, store admins can absolutely ensure that only loyal and trustworthy account owners can access specific information on the store site. For instance, only account owners are allowed to view a special promotion page. This information is not accessible to new visitors.
Full Features List
- Set the message appearing when customers access a required login page
- Extension Compatibility
- Be properly compatible with Mageplaza Social Login, One Step Checkout
For Store Admins: Configuration
- Choose default pages to apply Required Login
- Choose CMS Page to apply Required Login
- Include Custom Page with specific strings to apply login request
- Exclude Custom Page with specific strings to freely view
- Choose destination page after customers sign in successfully
For Store Admins: General
- Enable/ Disable the extension
- Allow/ Disallow customers to create accounts
- Input Required-Login Message
The customers log in their accounts to freely access specific pages. A new visitor will be required to create an account which then is used to log in to access the required-login pages. Signing up and logging in to an account can be done easily by providing an email address.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.1, 2.2, 2.3
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.1, 2.2, 2.3
31 October, 2019
Extensions, Content & Customizations, Product Content
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.2 2.3
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
- New Feature: Redirect feature can choose to apply on all pages or only required login pages
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.1 2.2 2.3
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.1 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
Released on 2019-01-11
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor