OverviewBack to top
Order Attributes extension developed for Magento 2 is a great extension that will assist stores in collecting important information. With the module, the admin is able to create additional attributes to orders and place them at any position on the checkout page.
This is an excellent module for store owners who want to please buyers with other services like shipping, gift-wrapping, or collecting more order data.
Some applications of the Order Attributes extension:
- Improve the success rate of processing orders: As the stores have detailed information, the processing procedure of each order will become faster, easier, and more precise.
- Provide customers the best shopping experience: When the processing order success rate increases, more customers will feel satisfied. After that, they will return to continue purchasing at the stores and even becoming loyal customers.
- Help the stores to look more professional: By using the attributes, it will help store owners to acknowledge the feedback and wants of buyers so that the store can fix their flaws and provide the desired services/products to become more professional in a short time.
- Add attributes of customers with no limitation
- Numerous types of input for order attributes
- Create attributes based on conditions: Order comments, surveys, gift wrap, delivery time
- Use the shipping method as a condition to view other
- Allow adding order attributes to transactional emails, sale orders grid, PDF voice
- Compatible well with Mageplaza extensions: PDF Invoice, One Step Checkout
Problems & Solutions
Online stores’ needs
The default Magento 2 only allows stores to ask for customers’ basic information such as name, email, delivery address. However, there are cases when stores need to have more information than that. It may be either delivery time, wrapping paper choice, notes, or feedback. Mageplaza Order Attributes supports online merchants by providing up to 11 order attribute types so that they can use flexibly for different data types. This helps store owners obtain useful information for specific purposes. As a result, they can process the orders more quickly and effectively.
Customer experience improvement
There are different problems with the order which can make customers dissatisfied and never return to your store. Imagine that the items are always delivered when shoppers are not at home, so after 3 times, the items are returned to the store, which is discomfort and a waste of time for the seller, the buyer, and also the shipper. However, you can prevent it beforehand just by asking for more information, such as asking them to select delivery slots or add delivery notes. Once the orders have detailed information, it is more likely that the orders will be processed correctly and even beyond customs' expectations. It will create a better impression and retain customers in the long term. When they are satisfied, they will recommend your brand to their family and friends, attracting new potential customers.
Collect Order/Customer Data At Checkout
The feature provides a variety of fields to display on the checkout page. The module cannot be more perfect with the compatibility with One Step Checkout by Mageplaza. Many other attributes can be created to help stores attain vital information for successful order processes. The module will fully provide customer data about personal information and expectations. Collecting the data through fields like order comments, delivery time, or surveys. For instance, owners can ask questions such as :
- Where can we deliver the product to alternate the original address?
- What time do you prefer to receive the product?
- What are your favorite products that you bought from our store?
- Do you want to use our service for gift wrapping?
- Please choose your favorite gift pattern paper?
- Do you require you to notice before the delivery?
- Please leave us your feedback to improve our system?
Numerous Input Types For Order Attributes
Mageplaza Order Attributes support the stores to select the input type with 11 options. The function helps owners to design open or closed questions, uploading an attached file or an image. Based on the attribute content, types of products, or the specific purpose of the admins, the input types can be set to suit certain attributes. Admins can choose the input types including:
- Text Field
- Text Area
- Multiple Select
- Single Select along with images
- Multi-Select along with images
- Media Image
- Single File Attachment
Show Order On Order Grid & PDF Invoice
Mageplaza Order Attribute for Magento 2 has the ability to include order attributes to view in a grid in the backend. It is easy to update, keep track, and process the order when organizing the info in the grid. Furthermore, it is possible to add new attributes to PDF Invoices and Transactional Emails that used to be sent to the customers.
In the frontend, order attributes can be added to different sections like Shipping Address, the bottom or the top of the Shipping Method section, the top or bottom of the Payment Method section, and Order Summary. Moreover, customers who log in can see the attributes through the Order View page.
Manage In Grid
Through the grid, additional attributes information can be displayed neatly and logically.
Support With Tooltip
The note/guide will be displayed next to the attributes.
Use standard formats for input data requirements.
Restrict Attributes Visibility
Show the attributes to a certain group and customer group by setting them in the back panel.
Prioritize The Attributes
Display the attributes orderly based on the set priority by admins. The smallest number will be shown first.
Full Feature List
For Store Admins
Configuration & Properties
- Allow enabling/disabling the Order Attributes
- Set the attribute default label
- Use in the admin panel added attribute code
- Select the attribute input type
- Set value of the default
- Allow setting attribute requirement
- Allow selecting input validation
- Allow selecting filters - input or output
- Allow enabling to the grid of Sales Order
- Add attributes to PDF Invoice
- Add attributes to emails for confirmation
- Use the shipping method and others to restrict attribute visibility
- Integrate well with One Step Checkout
- Select attribute positions on the check out page
- Allow enabling tooltip to display the guide next to the attribute
- Restrict the attribute visibility based on store view and customer group
- Add to Sale Order View
- Set priority for the attributes
- Allow adding more info when checking out
- Easy to satisfy with receiving orders quickly
Q: In the PDF Invoice that I sent to customers, I want to include the order attributes, too. Can I do this?
A: Yes, you can follow this tutorial for more detailed guidance.
Q: Can I include these order attributes in the transactional emails?
A: Of course, the guidance can be found here.
Q: Is it possible to create the Order Comment section on the checkout page?
A: You can do this with ease by going to the Manage Attributes section.
Q: How about the Delivery Time section?
A: You can configure it in the Manage Attributes section.
Q: My store allows customers to choose the gift wrap option. Now I want them to select the wrapping paper type they want to use. How can I do this?
A: You can select the drop-down input type in the ‘Manage Attributes’ section in the backend.
Q: Is this extension compatible with Mageplaza One Step Checkout?
A: Yes, the module works out of the box with Mageplaza One Step Checkout extension.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Adobe Commerce platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.4 (current)
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.4 (current)
22 July, 2021
Extensions, Content & Customizations, Personalization & Experience Management
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Adobe Commerce that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.4
- Stability: Stable Build
Supported Magento v2.4
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Adobe Commerce developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor