Multiple Shipping Flat Rates for Magento 2 is an effective solution to bring customers with more shipping choices than default Magento. Based on specific countries, the store admin can give customers access to the proper shipping rates.
OverviewBack to top
Mageplaza Multiple Shipping Flat Rates is a great tool to optimize online stores’ shipping service. It helps to extend stores’ shipping options to serve the high demand of customers from various countries. Thus, customers will be more likely to complete the purchase due to the satisfaction in shipping. As a result, it reduces shopping cart abandonment and increases conversions.
According to the Metapack consumer research report 2016, 60% of customers choose a competitor with more convenient delivery options, and 45% of them abandon a shopping cart due to unsatisfactory shipping rates. Offering multiple flat rates, your stores will significantly reduce the abandonment rate.
Notably, the module allows you to create up to 5 shipping methods for your online stores. You can name each shipping rate after a particular purpose, or your current business strategy to display at a specific price. Some examples of different shipping rates:
- Standard delivery: $0
- Fast delivery: $10
- 23-hour delivery: $20
- Secured shipping: $25
Depending on your target customers, you can set up each shipping rate applying to each group of customers from specific countries. In case, there is no restriction of applicable countries; you can switch to all allowed countries option at the configuration to enable all destinations.
- Allow adding five more shipping flat rates
- Set access based on countries
- Increase customer experience
- Compatible with Mageplaza One Step Checkout
Problems & Solutions
- Store owners’ demands for more than one shipping rate: For stores that offer worldwide shipping, it is impossible to always apply the same shipping rate to all orders from different countries. The longer the distance between a store and the customer's address is, the more difficult the delivery is. Hence, the high demand for multiple shipping rates grows up quickly.
- Possibilities to cause cart abandonment: The shipping strategy is the key to your online store’s success. If you treat customers from different countries with the same shipping rate, they will feel unfair. When customers face any trouble or inconvenience when choosing the shipping method, they won’t hesitate to leave the site with an uncompleted order.
- Restriction in default Magento: In native Magento 2, there is only one available shipping rate. This one-size-fits-all shipping rate in Magento default doesn’t work for current Magento 2 stores.
Benefits Of Multiple Shipping Rates
- Better shipping methods management: Selecting the right shipping rate for a specific destination has a beneficial effect on the store as a whole. It helps to optimize the budget and draw up a correct shipping strategy.
- Enhance customer experience: Offering multiple flat shipping rates and calculating shipping fees based on the countries and geographic distances make it more correct and trustworthy. Customers will feel secured and satisfactory to finish the checkout.
- A significant addition to Magento 2: This extra function added compared to default Magento 2 will make a vast improvement in Magento 2 store performance.
Five Extra Shipping Rates
Mageplaza Multiple Shipping Flat Rates allow the store admin to set up five additional shipping rates. Based on specific countries of customers, each shipping rate is added to meet their demands.
At the frontend, the shipping rates are on the product page and checkout page. The store admin can flexibly change the name of each shipping rate for customers to quickly recognize and select a suitable one for them.
Sort The Order Of Multiple Flat Rates
The store admin can configure the order to display shipping rates at the backend. Admins can set the priority to specific shipping rates, which are commonly chosen by customers. Accordingly, all shipping rates will be arranged neatly and respectively, following the configured order.
Visibility For Multiple Flat Rates
The admin can restrict the access of specific customer group to a shipping rate if they are not in the countries that shipping rate is available. It helps to avoid confusion and time-wasting for store owners when processing the shipment.
To inform customers about the unavailability of the shipping rate they are going to choose, there will be a notification message right on the shipping rate block.
The compatibility of two extensions is a perfect solution to optimize your online store’s checkout page. It will decrease the abandonment rate significantly at the checkout step when customers are likely to quit the purchase if they are not satisfied with the shipping method.
When customers from a country are not the store’s target customers to apply specific flat shipping rates, the store admin can restrict the access of that customer group. A line of notification will appear when customers click on unavailable shipping rates. Store admins can also customize the content of the message; for example: “Sorry, this shipping method is not available in this country now.”
Full Feature List
For Store Admins
- Turn on/turn off each flat rate
- Name each shipping rate
- Sort out the order to display shipping rates
- Give display title for the flat rate
- Select applicable countries
- Customize error message
- Enable/disable to show method if not applicable
- Compatible with Free Shipping Bar, Shipping Rules, Shipping Restriction, and Extra Fee
- Instantly update shipping rate policy
- Be able to access specific shipping rates or be refused
- View flat shipping rates in a particular order
- Well-informed about the availability of the shipping rate
Q: How many flat shipping rates can I create?
A: You can add up to 5 different flat shipping rates.
Q: Can the flat shipping rates be set by order?
A: Yes, of course. You can set the display order of each flat rate at the backend.
Q: Can I apply one flat shipping rate for various nations?
A: Yes, definitely, you can easily choose many applicable countries for one flat rate.
Q: If, there is a flat shipping rate that customers from some countries can’t access; how can I notify them?
A: There will be an error message to inform your customers about the shipping policy. You can configure easily at the backend.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.2 2.3
- Compatible with Commerce using on prem (EE) : 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
- Support multi-stores
- Compatible with Magento 2.3
- New feature limited by zipcodes