OverviewBack to top
Milestone by Mageplaza is a handy tool for users to serve their customer better. In detail, when a customer arrives at your store, they will be switched to an appropriate group based on specific conditions available such as customer attributes, whole orders or specific purchased products in their cart. In addition, admins can create great benefits for newcomers from the applied coupon rules. Milestone extension is a customer experience enhancer suitable for any e-Commerce businesses.
- Depend on attributes of customers to sort customer groups
- Switch groups of customers flexibly
- Depend on attributes of ordered products to group customers
- Use order data to move customer group
- Offer customer after they switch to a new group
- Use Crons or events to activate switching groups
- Possible to assign customer into groups manually
- Able to hide/ display customer groups for customers
- Sort rules to process orderly
- Compatible with Mageplaza SMTP extension, Customer Attributes extension.
Problems & Solutions
- Benefits Of A Milestone System: Store’s customer will be managed and taken care better. For virtual stores, it is hard to offer a special service to the store’s customers. As a result, grouping customer is the most ideal way to manage buyers that provides specific benefits for certain types of customer.
- Effective Marketing Campaign: The marketing message will be sent directly to suitable customers in a specific group. The module helps admins to pick promotion’s plans, content to customers to send to shoppers. By using this appropriately, your ROI for each campaign will be improved.
- Save Time & Cost: Store’s marketing task will become easier to estimate when dividing customers into different groups. As the target customer and workload for marketing will be restricted in customer groups, stores will save a lot of time and money for each marketing campaign.
- Form Strong Relationships with Buyers: After customers had been assigned into different groups, admins can form, strengthen and maintain their relationship with customers more effective. They can apply welcome promotion for new buyers, discount for familiar customers or loyalty programs for VIP shoppers.
- Welcome New Shoppers: Customers who purchase at the store for the first time will be assigned in the “New” group. Admins will easily create motivations and encouragement via policy and discount.
- High-Quality Service for VIP Customers: For customers who purchased over $1000, they will be grouped in a “VIP” group and you can create attractive offers to support them.
- Encourage Loyal Shoppers: Based on the number of purchased order, the customer can instantly recognize who is loyal buyers. For example, a group of loyal buyers will assign a new customer when they have successfully purchased 50 orders. It is important for stores to show their appreciation to loyal shoppers by offering them loyalty program or reward program.
- Sports Lover Targeting: Apply categories as conditions to divide customers into groups. For instance, a customer who purchases sports items will be grouped in “Sports Lovers”
Switch Customer Groups By Customer Data
Mageplaza Milestone for Magento 2 has created an easy way to switch shoppers automatically according to customer attributes such as customer data, customers default shipping address, customer group. For instance, customers who were born in May can be switched to “Discount in May” group. This group will form useful data to create your marketing campaign in May.
- Data of customers like date of birth, name, gender, email, VAT number, etc.
- Default Shipping Address of customers like city, zip/postcode
- Group of customers means the customer’s original group
Switch Groups For Customers Flexibly
The flexible switch group function is a valuable feature which helps to apply rules to auto divide customers into separate groups. And, these conditions are set by admins in the backend. For the default group, customers will be moved to a new group which is appropriate to their data and buying behavior. After that, the store can have a better chance to serve customers better specifically for each customer’s group. For each rule, you can set conditions from numerous attributes from customers data, orders to cart items. Even better, you can create a combination of different conditions with ease.
Switch Customer Groups By Order Data
Dividing groups based on the similarities of ordered products is another useful feature provided by Milestone module. The supported product attributes are the category, color, and quantity of an ordered product. The functions help owners to notice each product’s popularity in stores to form a suitable business strategy.
Use Order Data To Move Customer Group
Customers can also be moved to a group by order attributes. Customers who have similar order data will be sent to the same group. The number of orders, total order amount, average order amount, etc are the available order that can be set as conditions. For instance, all the customers who made their first order will be sent to the “New” group to receive welcome vouchers. The feature will be a beneficial method for stores to run campaigns in order to motivate customers loyalty based on order attributes.
Offer Customer Coupons
Stores can form rules to apply coupon for each group. The benefits will act as encouragement when they attend a new group. Milestone module will notify customers through email all the coupon information. Creating special offer is another way to express how stores appreciate shoppers which can motivate buyers to purchase more and become loyal customers. For instance, stores will offer free shipping for buyers who belonged to the “VIP” group when they purchase an order valued above $50.
Use Crons Or Events To Activate Switching Groups
The switching rules system will operate by using crons or events. There are two options if you choose events. The first option is to let the rules run when actions like creating and saving account occur. In addition, while any updates related to orders such as creating an order, creating order invoice, etc take places, the rules will be automatically activated. If stores choose crons, the rules will run on set time with daily, weekly, monthly. As a result, the groups sorting will be updated timely.
- Managing In Logs: Admins will manage the customer group easily by using a grid.
- Change Customer Group Manually: If admins do not want to activate auto-assign, they can apply the rules button and edit customer account function in the backend will assist you to arrange groups manually.
- Show Groups Of Customers On Frontend: The group information will be viewed at the Customer Account Dashboard or being hidden.
- Sort Rules To Process Orderly: Stores can process the rules in order.
Full Feature List
For Store Admins
- Allow enabling/ disabling Milestone extension
- Able to show customer group on Customer Dashboard
- Set up cron to run on a daily, weekly, monthly basis
- Allow enabling/ disabling the customer notifications when they change groups
- Allow selecting email sender name
- Allow selecting a template for email
- Allow enabling/ disabling admin notification when customer change groups
- Allow selecting email sender’s name
- Allow choosing template for email
- Input recipient’s email address
- Sending notifications email based on set time
- Able to set the assign rule’s name, description, status
- Able to apply on the selected website
- Able to set rule’s valid time
- Able to classify rule for processing orders
- Depend on customer data, order data. Item data to set conditions
- Able to select the original group
- Able to select destined group
- Able to choose a certain type of processing
- Able to select events or crons as processing type
- Able to select Account Creating and Saving Actions or Order Creating and Saving Actions as event type
- Use a grid to view and edit all created customer group
- Manually switch the customer group manually by clicking on Apply Rules button or edit customer account in the admin panel
- Grouped in separate teams for better care
- Being offered with appropriate policy and programs
- Shopping at stores with a better experience
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.2, 2.3
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.2, 2.3
25 June, 2019
Extensions, Sales, Rewards & Loyalty
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.2 2.3
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
Fixed minor bugs
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor