Google reCAPTCHA for Magento 2 is the best solution to help your online business stay away from spams and bots without any interruptions for users.
OverviewBack to top
To keep websites free from spam and abuse from bots, Google provides Google reCAPTCHA free of charge. Thanks to the ability to analyze and distinguish accesses by bots from humans, reCAPTCHA protects your websites from abusive activities of automated software. However, valid users can still pass through this shield with ease. Working automatically on your website, Google reCAPTCHA is beyond spam and abuse protection. As mentioned by Google, CAPTCHA helps digitize text, annotate images, and build machine learning datasets. Hence, Google reCAPTCHA will help a lot in book prevention, map improvement, and AI problem-solving.
- ReCAPTCHA: Google reCAPTCHA is typically a checkbox that has to be clicked on to verify whether the user is a human or a bot. By hitting on the checkbox, the user will either go through immediately or be required to do a task to confirm that he/she is a real human.
- Invisible reCAPTCHA: Different from reCAPTCHA, the user is not required to hit on a checkbox to be validated. With the automatical analysis technology, invisible reCAPTCHA only appears once it doubts the existence of bots. Therefore, your users do not get annoyed by being challenged to validate themselves. Invisible reCAPTCHA will eliminate all negative impacts of users' interruptions on the conversion rate.
Google ReCAPTCHA extension developed for Magento 2 assists online businesses in creating a shield that protects your store from spams and abusive activities from automated software. Beside visible reCAPTCHA, this extension supports invisible reCAPTCHA, which significantly enhances user experience and conversion rates. Your website users are not required to click on a checkbox to validate themselves. This module automatically analyzes and only shows Google reCAPTCHA checkbox when it doubts the accesses by bots. You can add reCAPTCHA to any forms on both the frontend and backend of your business website.
Account & Pricing
A Google reCAPTCHA account is required, and no additional fees for the service apply. It's not necessary to own a business account to use the Google reCAPTCHA extension. The account is not created during extension installation. To register a Google reCAPTCHA account, please visit here.
After registering, you will be automatically redirected to the reCAPTCHA management site where you can get reCAPTCHA client key and reCAPTCHA secret key.
How Does The Extension Work?
Mageplaza Google reCAPTCHA helps keep your online business from doubted break-ins at both frontend and backend. At the admin login panel, when the failed login attempts reach the upper limit which is already set or admin forgets the password, reCAPTCHA will appear to verify the authorization of the account. To finish the identification, users need to click the checkbox. This process is similar to the reCAPTCHA verification process at the frontend.
- Support both visible and invisible captcha
- Implement reCAPTCHA to unlimited kinds of forms on your store
- Implement Invisible CAPTCHA
- Work in multiple pages including frontend and backend
- Properly compatible with Mageplaza extensions
Implement Invisible CAPTCHA
Mageplaza Google reCAPTCHA extension implements invisible CAPTCHAs to improve user experience. Your valid users can go through the protective shield without any friction while abuse traffics from bots will be stopped. Instead of being challenged continuously by Google reCAPTCHA, your website visitors can enjoy a user-friendly environment with invisible reCAPTCHA. Hence, they can have better experiences with your online store, and the site abandonment rate will reduce significantly.
Add ReCAPTCHA To Any Forms
On the frontend, store admins can add Google reCAPTCHA to any kinds of forms such as:
- Login form: ReCAPTCHA will appear when the users log in to your website.
- Registration form: ReCAPTCHA will appear to prevent registration from bots.
- Forgot password form: ReCAPTCHA will appear when the customers access the website to get their passwords.
- Contact us form: When users fill a form to contact your store, reCAPTCHA helps validate whether the user is a human or a bot.
- Change password: ReCAPTCHA will appear when a user changes the password.
- Product review: ReCAPTCHA will appear to prevent accesses from bots that go to product pages to review.
- Blog: ReCAPTCHA will appear to stop spamming comments in the blog post.
- FAQ: ReCAPTCHA will appear in the question form.
- Any forms in Magento: ReCAPTCHA will appear in any form in Magento. Admins only need to add configuration options in the backend.
Another outstanding feature of Google reCAPTCHA is working on the backend in 2 forms:
- Admin Login: CAPTCHAs are shown to keep spam and abuse from bots that attempt to enter your admin panel.
- Admin Forgot Password: When a store admin forgets the password and needs to reset it, Google reCAPTCHA will be activated to verify the validation of the request.
Show CAPTCHA On Custom Forms
With the support of URL paths or CSS selectors, store admins can implement Google reCAPTCHA to any kind of form on the frontend.
Show reCAPTCHA on multiple positions such as inline, on the right bottom or the left bottom of the page.
Admins can choose a language code to determine which language to be used in the Google reCAPTCHA form.
Full Feature List
For Store Admins
- Turn on/turn off the extension
- Choose language codes for CAPTCHA forms
- Add visible reCAPTCHA
- Add invisible reCAPTCHA
- Allow/disallow reCAPTCHA on the backend
- Show reCAPTCHA in the Admin Login Form
- Show reCAPTCHA in the Admin Forgot Password Form
- Show/hide reCAPTCHA on the frontend
- Allow reCAPTCHA to display in 6 available forms on the frontend, including Login, Create User, Forgot Password, Contact us, Change Password, and Product View
- Ability to implement reCAPTCHA to an unlimited number of forms on frontend
- Ability to show reCAPTCHA at three positions: inline, the right bottom, and left bottom of the page
- Ability to choose the theme for reCAPTCHA
- Ability to select sizes of reCAPTCHA
- Fully compatible with other Mageplaza extensions, including Blog, Security, Social Login, Gift Card, One Step Checkout
- Invisible reCAPTCHA: users are not interrupted by visible reCAPTCHA. Valid users go through with ease.
Q: To which form can I add Google reCAPTCHA?
A: You can surely implement CAPTCHAs to any forms that you want. Please fill correct and enough information in the backend settings to use reCAPTCHA.
Q: Which type of Google reCAPTCHA is integrated on your extension?
A: Now, we are integrating two types of reCAPTCHA, including reCAPTCHA v2 (used for admin login) and invisible reCAPTCHA (used for all form on frontend).
Q: Can I select the position to show reCAPTCHA?
A: Yes, surely. In our recent configuration, the Google reCAPTCHA module is allowed to appear at three different positions, including bottom left, bottom right, and inline.
Q: I want to choose a language to show the reCAPTCHA, does your extension offer this feature?
A: Mageplaza Google reCAPTCHA assists you in selecting suitable language code on the backend.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.2 2.3
- Compatible with Commerce using on prem (EE) : 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
- Added visible reCaptcha
- Compatible with checkout process
- Fixed minor bugs & styles