Google Maps for Magento 2 is a great tool to improve the external look of the store site as well as provide better store info to customers. Also, the modules will increase the flow of clients coming to the stores.
OverviewBack to top
Google Maps is a map service on the web which has been developed by Google. Mageplaza Google Maps extension is an excellent module that adds a map with store location on the contact page.
The module provides full flexibly to customize the map with different styles and types of maps. Although the module does not help to boost store revenue, it will assure you to perform well to increase the number of customers coming to your physical store.
What Is Google Maps?
Google Maps is a map service on the web which has been developed by Google. Google Maps provide multiple features which assist users to look for places, directions, to upload photos, reviews, and information to different places. Some highlight features of Google Maps:
- Direction and transit: Support route planner for direction and transit
- Traffic conditions: Data for traffic is viewed with color on roads to show the traffic speed.
- Street view: The feature provides a 360 degrees street-level views of many locations.
- 45-degree imagery: The view of the cities will be displayed from the bird-eye view.
- Indoor maps: Maps will show direction within a building with multiple levels or a subway station.
- My Maps: By utilizing WYSIWYG editor, users can add points, lines, shapes, notes, images.
- Google Local Guides: The function supports adding photos, information, reviews, videos and correcting information.
Account & Pricing
An additional Google account will be required and additional fees may apply. The account is not created during extension installation. Visit here to create a Google account.
What Is The API Key For?
The API key is to enable the Map Settings function. To get started, you will have to get your API key. From the setting panel of Google Maps extension, go to the Map Settings section and paste the key in the Google Map API Key box. After that, you will be free to configure map types/styles, default zoom, and many others.
Mageplaza Google Maps extension integrates Google Maps to your Magento 2 store which helps show a map of your store on the contact page. The map can be customized with different designs:
- Place the map on the contact page
- Customize the map freely with 4 types and 10 styles
- Embed the Google maps with 2 options
- Coordinates with GPS automatically
- Response well with mobile devices
- Have compatibility with Mageplaza Store Locator
Why Google Maps Extension Is A Must
Build Customer Trust
Buyers will feel more secure about the stores when they see the business's full contact information appearing beside the maps.
When displaying the store location, customers will able to estimate the distance to reach the store from their current destination.
Professionalize Store Interface
If the business attaches the maps on sites, it will show stores is a trustworthy business to purchase products. By adding essential information on websites, clients can contact directly to the stores to ask for more information about their preferred products.
Beautify The Contact Page
Replacing the plain address with Google Maps will make your contact page more appealing to all of the customers. Also, a red marker should appear on the maps to show the store’s specific location. The module is capable of assisting admins to place the map whether on the top or the bottom of the contact page.
Select Appearance Of The Map
Mageplaza Google Maps extension has a function to customize the map style easily in order to suit the site's theme. And, the marker can be upload freely to show store location. The module provides 4 types of maps for admins to choose:
Choose Map Style Using 10 Options:
- Blue Essence
- Dark Green
- Dark Grey
- Light Blue Water
- Light Dream
- Light Grey
- Mid Night
- Nature Color
Embed Maps In Two Ways
Admins are allowed to select one method to insert maps on the sites. The first method is showing Google Maps by using the API key. Another method can be applied by embedding to the iframe code of Google. The second method might be easier to apply.
Auto-Coordinate With GPS
The latitude and longitude of the store location will define with GPS coordinates with the help of the Google API key. If the maker is not placed in the exact position of the store on Google Maps, admins can edit it manually.
Customers can freely drag the map the see the area around of business locations.
It can be used on the mobile or desktop conveniently.
Google Maps is created to co-operate well with Store Locator extension.
Full Feature List
For Store Admins
- Allow turning on/ off the Google Maps module
- Able to insert a map on the contact page
- Able to choose a position for the map on the contact page
- Choose Google API key or embedded code for Google Maps validation
- Select types of maps from 4 options
- Choose styles of maps from 10 option
- Restrict the ability to drag the map
- Allow setting zoom default when the map loading
- Allow loading maker icon
- Allow filling in the store address
- Allow getting GPS coordinates
- Easy to view the store location
- Able to navigate to the store location
- Have sufficient contact information of the store
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Compatible with Commerce using on prem (EE) : 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
Improved code style & module information