GDPR Extension is an ideal tool that helps online stores strictly comply with EU privacy regulations and protect customers’ private information legitimately.
OverviewBack to top
Along with the development of the internet, shoppers are getting more and more concerned about privacy issues. Understanding customers’ worries, e-store admins try their best to standardize their security policies to follow a range of international certified privacy regulations, which is GDPR. However, it is not easy to manually regulate every single action of the system to comply with those complex principles.
That’s why Mageplaza GDPR extension was developed. Its duty is to help protect customers’ private data at the highest level and give them their rights to control those data fully. Thanks to this module, eCommerce store can gain customer satisfaction and trust.
GDPR extension allows shoppers to quickly and effortlessly remove all of their unwanted information from the storing system. Customers can also anonymize their identity when shopping online if they feel insecure to provide their private data. Not only customers but also store owners obtain benefits from this strict privacy protecting plugin.
Problems & Solutions
The more data customers provide on the internet, the more possibly those data is tracked, stolen, and misused. Customers will be the direct victims that are suffered from data leaking and fraud, which will make them afraid of revealing their important information again. Undoubtedly, that is an alarming situation for eCommerce business. Once shoppers no longer trust in the online system, the e-stores will be unable to exist.
Mageplaza GDPR extension for Magento 2 supports stores in complying GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation which was officially issued on May 25th, 2018. Customers will be able to delete their customer accounts and remove default billing addresses along with related personal data.
Deleting customer account
Customers can easily eliminate their account data including names, addresses, phone numbers, ID card numbers, credit card information, etc. This means that customers can fully control all of their valuable personal information. Thanks to this feature, buyers are promised to be protected with respect to their privacy rights.
Deleting default address
In default Magento 2, customers’ default Billing and Shipping addresses cannot be deleted entirely. This is a serious violation of customers’ privacy rights. Fortunately, this feature enables buyers to delete their names, addresses, and phone numbers quickly. Undoubtedly, customers can 100% trust in a store that allows them to adjust and remove their default data whenever they want.
Managing Billing Documents (Pro)
It's essential to protect billing information including customers’ orders, invoices, credit memos, and shipments. Outstandingly, Mageplaza GDPR Pro version provides a new feature that enables buyers to keep those precious data safe. With the help of this function, private data including names, addresses, phone numbers, etc. can be encoded to help customers anonymize their identity.
Cookie Restriction (Pro)
Since customers are more aware of data security, the cookie can be listed as one of their concerns despite their benefit of enhancing web experience. GDPR Pro version is developed to help solve this problem. Customers are notified the Cookie usage and regulations with a customizable Cookie restriction message. That Cookie can be forbidden in some specific geographical areas will give webpage’s visitors peace of mind.
Full Feature List
- Enables shoppers to eliminate their accounts data permanently
- Allows customers to erase their default shipping and billing addresses entirely
- Eliminate customers’ abandoned carts’ data (Pro)
- Eliminate billing information on the order, invoice, credit memo, shipment (Pro)
- Ability to remove subscription data of customers (Pro)
- Enables admins to customize cookie’s message (Pro)
- Enables admins to set specific geographical areas for Cookie display (Pro)
- Confirm password to delete an account (Pro)
- Confirm by email to delete an account (Pro)
- Display Terms and Conditions on the Create Account page (Pro)
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 2.1 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
### GDPR v1.2.0
Released on 2018-06-14
#### GDPR Pro
- Added confirm the password before deleting the account
- Added confirm the email before deleting the account
- Added Terms and Conditions on the Create Account page
- Fixed bug google analytic still works when the user has not allowed the cookie
### GDPR v1.1.0
Released on 2018-05-28
#### GDPR Pro
- Delete customers abandoned carts information
- Delete billing information appearing on order, invoice, credit memo, shipment
- Delete customers subscription information
- Ability to customize cookie's message
- Cookie restriction allows admins to display the message in chosen areas
### GDPR v1.0.0
Released on 2018-05-17