Mageplaza Frequently Bought Together extension can help boost sales, increase revenues, and create a better buyer’s experience.
OverviewBack to top
Related products are known as one of the most effective marketing strategies. According to researcher, Sucharita Mulpuru, an average of 10 to 30% of e-commerce revenues come from the help of product recommendations. In 2006, Amazon also stated that cross-sells and up-sells account for 35% of their total sales. This means that your customers are always willing to proceed a checkout with more items as long as you can convince them that they are actually in need of suggested products.
Noticeably, some products are meant to go well together as combos (Fried chicken + Salad + Coke or Laptop + Mouse). Taking advantage of this can bring online retailers double dollars. Thus, Frequently Bought Together shows up to help boost sales for online stores; in addition, this extension improves purchasers' shopping experience and satisfaction.
- Ability to show other related products on the product page
- Ability to have related items selected or deselected by shoppers with clicks
- Ability to help customers select specific attributes for related products
- Allows shoppers to add all products to Cart/ Wishlist
- Ability to show related item’s details
- Displays total price by quickly calculating with Ajax loading support
How It Works
Mageplaza Frequently Bought Together, based on collections of related products set by store admins in the backend, will automatically display some items in a customized quantity on the product page. From the backend, depending on the store's needs, other features related to suggested products can be set up. With the Ajax loading feature, shopping doers are able to add more than one item to the cart while staying on one page only.
Displays related item(s) on the product page
Products which are supposed to be purchased together will be grouped as related products in the backend; later on, they will be shown with the main product on a product page. Suggested items are able to show up with their product details such as names, thumbnail images, price, short description and so on.
Enables shoppers to select/deselect items
Suggested items will be selected automatically by default on the product page, but customers are able to deselect as well as reselect them by marking a tiny checkbox beside each item. Also, the Add to Cart button can be clicked on to help shoppers select all suggested items along with the main product to their carts.
Allows shoppers to choose suitable related items
Frequently Bought Together also enables buyers to select the related product’s attributes right on the product page. Shoppers do not need to move from site to site to choose the item's color, size or other attributes.
Allows displaying total price and item’s price
All prices of suggested items are displayed nicely in the Frequently Bought Together block. With Ajax loading support, whenever the shopper makes a change in the block (by selecting/deselecting suggested items), the system will automatically calculate and display a new total price.
Custom block title
Leave the block titled Frequently Bought Together as default or store admins can rename it easily in the backend.
Limit the number of related items
Store admins can enable the module to show all related items or restrict the quantity in the backend
Automatically update total price
A new total price of all related items will be automatically updated when a suggested product is selected/deselected. This process is supported by Ajax loading which can increase customer’s shopping experience.
Enable the related product block
If store admins consider the Related Product block no longer unjustified, it can be removed; otherwise, the block will still appear along with the Frequently Bought Together block.
Customize the separator image
Store admins can use our default image or upload their own as a separator among related product’s thumbnail images.
100% Open Source
This extension is 100% open source and can be easily customized by everyone.
Full Features List
- Enable and disable the module
- Easy to customize the name of the block displayed on the frontend
- Ability to limit the number of products featured in a block
- Select products to display as frequently bought together
- Ability to show the Add to Wishlist button
- Ability to disable the native Related Products block
- Upload an image to be used as a product separator. Supported file types: jpg, gif, png
- Select, deselect or/and reselect suggested products
- Able to select suggested products’ attributes right on the main product page
- Ability to add all products to cart
- Ability to add suggested products to wishlist
- Support Ajax loading in updating and displaying the total price
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.1 2.2
- Compatible with Commerce using on prem (EE) : 2.1 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
Released on 31 July 2018
- Fix: the issue with the ability to select product option with swatch dropdown
- Fix: the issue with the ability to add Configurable/Bundle product which has custom options & dropdown type
Released on 06 December 2017
- Improve code performance
- Fix bug price doesn’t have currency in group product
- Error page on bundle product
- Update style
- Compatible with Mageplaza Core
- Fix duplicated code with Magento Core
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.1
- Stability: Stable Build
Release first version of Frequently Bought Together