OverviewBack to top
Facebook is a social network service platform which was launched in 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg. Facebook Plugin by Mageplaza enables store owners to embed their Facebook page right on the main shopping websites. Customers can like and share the content on Facebook without having to leave the website. Therefore, the extension brings not only traffic for your page but also convenience for customers.
This Facebook Widget by Mageplaza offers three options to add on a Facebook page: Event, Timeline, and Messages. With these popular tabs on Facebook feed, store owners can easily keep updating whenever customers visit the sites. There are specific functions for each tab. The timeline tab shows all updated news about products and history while the Event tab notifies upcoming events. And, the message tab is for instant communication between customers and store owners.
Account & Pricing
A Facebook account is required and no additional fees apply. It's not necessary to own a business account to use Facebook widget extension. The account is not created during extension installation. To create an Facebook account please visit here, after that, to create a page, visit here.
You may need the Facebook App ID to manage comments. Go to https://developers.facebook.com/tools/comments, you can see a list of all Facebook apps which let you moderate all comments associated with each app.
Facebook Widget Features
- Embed Facebook Plugin to store sites
- Ability to leave Facebook comments on the Product page
- Enclose Call to Action button, watch a video, share, contact us
- Very Compatible with Mageplaza Social Login
- News Feed: posts by users are selected to be featured on an user's feed
- Friending: users can send and accept friend requests to become friends on Facebook
- Wall: The wall is the original profile space where Facebook users' content is displayed
- Likes and Reactions: users can interact with other users' posts by hitting the "like" button. Other buttons are "love", "haha", "wow", "sad" or "angry"
- Comments: users can leave comments under a post
- Messages and Inbox: users can exchange messages, video calls, audio calls on messenger.
- Notifications: notifications tell Facebook users that something has happened on this platform.
Problems & Solutions
As technology is getting advanced, there are a lot of ways to reach customers and sell products. With 2.27 billion users from all over the world, Facebook deserves one of the best marketing channels which creates a jump in sales for online stores. Facebook Plugin with many benefits, therefore, helps online stores deal with the problem of integrating the product website with the Facebook page to stimulate customer engagement.
Increase Followers For Facebook Page
You can notify visitors about another channel of your store by embedding it on the product site. It will attract visitors and turn them into followers of your Facebook page. Besides, the activities of customers such as like and comment under the product post are shared on Facebook, so the fan page can gain more potential followers as well.
Trendy Way To Keep Store Information Updated
Facebook becomes more and more prevalent, particularly with young people. It is a big mistake if stores do not take advantages of Facebook to promote their products and communicate with customers. It is a comfortable and convenient way for customers to get information about products via a channel they are using frequently. Customers can search for product information and interact with their friends on Facebook at the same time. Let customers know about the existence of your store Facebook address to bring a better shopping experience for them.
Mutual Interaction Between Shoppers & Owners
With this module, store owners can interact with customers via Facebook messenger and in the comments section. It is much convenient for both customers and shop owners.
Professionalize Online Stores Look
Embedding the most popular channel on the store website makes it more interactive and professional. Customers will have multiple options to acknowledge the store's update and find it easier to contact with stores as well as share product information and their experience with friends on Facebook.
Thanks to the great support of the Facebook Plugin extension, customers can use their own Facebook accounts to comment under the product view pages. Then, when stores reply to their comments, they will receive a notification on Facebook simultaneously. It is immensely helpful, especially if the comments are about product inquiries because customers do not have to visit the website but still get to know the answers quickly.
Besides, other visitors can easily see the question and its answer under the product page. There may be some questions which they also want to ask for, so it saves time for both the stores and visitors not to do the same things. Also, store admins can manage comments on Facebook apps. Moreover, the comments and feedback between stores and visitors shown under the product page will make the website more trustworthy and interactive. Your stores will definitely take the heart even from the most fastidious customers.
Call To Action Button
When it comes to digital marketing, Call to Action is arguably the most important factor. Therefore, this extension allows activating Call to Action button to help stores effectively take customers to the next steps. Depending on the event or campaign your store organize, CTA button can be Call Now, Register Now or Watch Video. It will be a perfect combination of the stores Facebook page and website to turn visitors into loyal customers.
Allow Customizing Design
Store owners can flexibly customize Facebook Plugin appearance with elements like width, height, header, profile picture, cover picture, and CTA button to fit their site at the backend.
- Limit Comments: Admins can restrict the number of comments on Product pages.
- Embed To Any CMS: Allow embedding snippet code of Facebook Plugin widget to any CMS Page and CMS block on site.
- Mobile Responsive: Facebook Plugin works well in Mobile and PC devices.
- Extension Compatibility: Perfectly compatible with Mageplaza Social Login.
Full Feature List
For Store Admins
- Enable/ Disable the extension
- Be able to copy and paste Facebook App ID
- Add Facebook URL
- Choose tabs to display: Timeline, Events, Messages
- Edit width, height for the plugin
- Display/ Hide cover picture and profile picture
- Display/ Hide Call to Action Button
- Enable/ Disable the small header
- Allow inserting Snippet code to CMS pages or blocks
- Turn on/Turn off Facebook comments
- Set title for Comment tab
- Set width for Comment tab
- Easily manage comments via Facebook Apps
- Be able to view the timeline of a store’s Fanpage on the store site
- Know a store‘s Facebook events when visiting the site
- Allow leaving a comment/ question on Product Page via Facebook login
- Easily view other comments/ feedbacks about products
Q: How can I locate the Facebook Widget in any places I want on the store site?
A: You can do it with the following path: Block > Elements. From there, you can select the Facebook Widget. There are lines of codes you can embed on any CMS page or block you need.
Q: How many tabs can I add on Facebook Widget?
A: Three tabs including Timeline, Event, and Messages you can select to add on Facebook Widget.
Q: Can I add Share button or Sign up button on Facebook Widget?
A: Yes, absolutely. Call to Action buttons can be allowed to appear from admin backends. Please note that your Facebook page has already set up this button.
Q: How can I adjust the size of the Facebook Widget?
A: You can do it easily from setting fields on the admin backend.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.2, 2.3
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.2, 2.3
27 June, 2019
Extensions, Content & Customizations, Personalization & Experience Management, Product Content, Rich Media
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.2 2.3
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
- Compatible with Magento 2.3.1
- Fixed minor bugs
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor