OverviewBack to top
The wrong information is the unavoidable mistakes that often occur when placing an order. When different personal, billing, and shipping data included in the success order change, shoppers have to make new adjustments so the delivery process can carry out smoothly.
Therefore, Edit Order for Magento 2 is a supportive tool to make any adjustments to the store's order information and manage all of these changes easily via the backend. In detail, procedures to edit and manage orders will be supported by features like popup tool, extra credit fields, and no order cancellation. Mageplaza Edit Order extension is a merchant experience enhancer. How the extension works is explained below:
- Edit information for billing, shipping, and payment: The module supports to edit the billing/ shipping address and shipping/ payment method of customers. It will turn the order process to become more practical. For example, to adjust a customer address, the store admin needs to change the billing/shipping address, and the shipping method.
- Edit with no extra redirections: When stores want to make small adjustments to the order details, the system will redirect admins to another page for editing. To ease the problem, Mageplaza Edit Order provides a popup. Therefore, admins can remain on the View Order Page instead. The process for editing will happen via a useful popup.
- Edit order status directly on the view order page: Magento 2 default can not change the order status when viewing the page for order. But, you can install the extension so there are no limitations for admins to edit orders. As a result, the store will have the power to delete any fields displayed on the View Order Page.
- Not being canceled while editing: When using Magento 2 default, orders often be canceled when users attempt to make any updates. The cancellation will cause a hindrance when users are managing the order information. Thus, with the assistance of the Magento 2 Edit Order extension, store orders will be managed effectively along with better experience.
- Use the popup to edit order edit without cancellation
- Update order status & customer info with ease
- Adjust information related to billing & shipping address
- Change methods for payment & shipping
- Create update for orders on View Order Page (Coming soon)
- Apply all updates with Quick Edit
- Recalculate shipping fee with auto-recalculate
- Use log grid to record edit actions
- Works well with Mageplaza One Step Checkout, Customer Order Number, Multiple Shipping Flat Rates, Customer Attributes, Order Attributes, PDF Invoice.
Use Pop-up To Edit Order
This is the core feature of this module that allows owners to edit order information via a popup in a short time. The popup helps admins to stay on the View Order Page instead of navigating to another site to make any adjustments. The improved process will enhance convenience and reduce wasted time for buyers and the store's admins. Furthermore, the order status and Order ID will remain unchanged while stores modify any order information.
Update Order Status & Customer Info
Another valuable feature of the Edit Order is editing information instantly via a popup. Information like the order number, order date, and order status can be changed easily and quickly.
Also, you can not miss the convenient editability for customer information — activities like editing and changing customer personal data (email, name, and more). Once the data changed, stores can switch shoppers to another customer group to offer them unique benefits and policies.
Adjust Billing & Shipping Address
On the View Order Page, you can have full flexibility to make new adjustments for billing and shipping addresses quickly without having to redirect to a new page.
A popup will appear instead and ask you to fill in new information. Finally, to save all the modifications successfully, you only have to click on the Submit button.
Change Methods For Payment
Besides, the updates for the payment method is also critical for both customers and stores. The original Magento 2 default does not provide this function.
However, with Magento 2 Edit Order, you can feel free to make any customization for the payment method. The modifying process will be carried out quickly with a few mouse clicks. A list of available payment methods will appear and ready for you to make any changes.
Update For Orders On View Order Page
Without having to cancel the order, you can update cart to price with ease on the backend View Order Page. A popup will appear and support you to edit the shopping cart conveniently. Here are some adjustments you can make with Mageplaza Edit Order:
- Add or remove cart item
- Update product price
- Increase or decrease the item quantity
- Update tax
- Update discount
The edit feature will help you significantly in updating ordered items without having to cancel the order.
Apply All Updates With Quick Edit
You will experience the convenience to the fullest, as you can make adjustments for a whole order in a popup. To execute this, please select the Quick Edit button, and the all-in-one popup will appear with fully listed data fields.
The function makes the customer work task more straightforward, as all of the separate sections all gathered up in one popup. Even better, it can support to show or hide the editable fields. After the modification, you can save all the adjusted data with one click:
- Edit information for orders
- Edit customer data
- Edit billing address
- Edit shipping address
- Edit method of payment
- Edit method of shipping
- Edit ordered items
- Return To Stock: Admins can allow returned items to come back to stock when the item is restocked.
- Auto-Recalculate Shipping Fee: After the shipping address/method changed, the module will recalculate the shipping fee automatically.
- Conditions Editing: The specific order status is capable to be edited.
- Log All Order Modifications: Details of all updates will be saved in the log grid.
- Compatibility: Properly works with Mageplaza One Step Checkout, Customer Order Number, Multiple Shipping Flat Rates, Customer Attributes, Order Attributes, PDF Invoice.
Full Features List
- Able to enable/disable Edit Order extension
- Apply the extension with order status
- Allow enabling stock to receive returned items
- Allow/ Disallow recalculating shipping fee automatically when order information updated
Edit Order Information
- Allow editing order number
- Allow editing date of the order
- Allow editing order status
Edit Customer Information
- Able to edit current customer or change customer
- Edit name for customers
- Allow changing groups of customers
Edit Billing & Shipping Address
- Possible to edit billing address information such as customer name, address information, company, phone number, VAT number, zip/ postal code,
- Possible to edit shipping address information such as recipient name, company, address, zip/ postal code, VAT number, phone number
Edit Payment Method & Shipping Method
- Choose a new method of payment
- Choose a new method of shipping
- Use the quick popup to edit information of all orders
- Once submit time
- Allow viewing all editing data: ID, Editor, Order Number, Created Date, Overview Detail, Action.
- Re-edit by accessing Order View Page
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.2, 2.3
17 January, 2020
Extensions, Site Optimization, Performance
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor