OverviewBack to top
Mageplaza Custom Form extension assists store owners to design many types of forms. Forms like survey forms, contact forms, etc. will be created instantly with a variety of customizations. Flexible templates always ready to make the form design to suit your expectations. Custom Form extension developed for Magento 2 is a user experience enhancer that helps the admin to collect customer opinions about the stores or specifically for the products.
Do these forms important for online stores? Of course, it is the key to create the best experience for the customers. Unlike bricks and mortars, the admin cannot receive feedback and make a direct conversation with the shoppers. That is the reason why the survey form is an ideal alternative tool for communication. Consistent communication with the customers will maintain relationships between stores and your buyers. It shows that you care about the needs and experience to win their hearts.
How Custom Form extension works: The process will simply start from creating a new form => Set each page (Title, description) => Create names and descriptions for each Field Group => Form each field (Title like questions, content such as open/closed questions) => Preview the form => Save form => Present the front end to the visitors => Gain responses (Response summary and response detail)
- Survey Form: Owners can use a survey form for multiple purposes. For instance, when an upcoming product/service is going to be released soon, you can form a survey to gather customer opinion.
- Contact Form: The contact form is used to provide contact information about the stores. The form helps to deal with urgent issues that need to be contacted directly with the stores.
- Feedback Form: Feedback form helps customers express their opinions when experiencing the product or services. It will directly benefit the store. In detail, the module will innovate the product and services based on the desire of the customer which will enhance the customer's experience.
- Pre-order Form: Users can use the pre-order registrations for out of stock, or upcoming items.
- Custom Order Request Form: For shoppers who want to make requests, custom order request form is needed to satisfy buyers individually. The form can allow customers to utilize as notes for custom design, and so on.
- Create many custom forms with ease
- A variety of input options
- Allow creating forms in multi-page
- 5 premade form templates
- Set forms to show anywhere on site
- Preview forms on the frontend
- Set email to respond automatically
- Allow defining actions after submitting forms
- Create reports to analyze survey results further
- Field dependency
- Compatible well with Mageplaza Google reCaptcha, which prevents bot's actions to the customs forms.
How Custom Form Benefits Ecommerce
Save Time & Money For Research
The Custom form helps customers to reduce additional fees for paper printing, commuting to the survey locations, etc. Secondly, the survey does not waste much time on the stores because the paper can be collected automatically instead of waiting to collect the response sheets. Customers also save time as the process only takes two-thirds of their time when comparing it to the traditional survey collecting method.
Analyze Data Easily
Besides collecting data, the module can also process the raw data automatically for an in-depth analysis. Custom Form module will calculate the number of respondents in total, the number of each option for specific questions, the percentage of possibilities to come up with the final output via bar charts, pie charts, line charts, etc. Thus, stores can utilize the outcome of the analysis effectively.
Beautify Custom Forms
Admins can create the custom form to match the store sites with customizations available in content, layout, and design. The form with flexible functions will meet the admin's expectations.
Ready To Collect Information Anytime
It is possible to locate the survey forms anywhere in the store webpages. It helps owners to gather information from customers who visit their virtual stores.
Support Stores To Develop Strategies
With the information gathered, the store can see their performance from the customer's point of view and which area of customers demand they haven't fulfilled. From that, owners can do research, create strategies to improve products and services.
How Custom Form Benefits Customers?
Connect With The Store Easily
The survey form will be an excellent method for customers to contact the businesses. They can give their feedback, ask for support, express opinions and expectations, etc. with ease.
Enhance Store Serving System
When customer feedback can reach to the owners, stores can understand shoppers' wants and needs more clearly. This feedback can contribute to improving products/ services.
Experience Better Services
Customer will feel more respected by stores when they can reach the feedback form whenever they feel frustrated with the store's products or services or both. Also, it is a way to show customers that store ready to listen and take care of buyer's issues when experiencing store products.
Create Multiple Custom Forms
It is a function that helps to create any forms to collect customer details with flexible customizability. You can add limitless information by using flexible customization and set the layout to show on one page or multi-page.
A Variety Of Input Options
For each field of the form, there are fully format input types that create an easy process for the admin to create numerous questions. There are many question types admins can choose to set in any way as they wish.
All types of survey questions like open-ended questions, closed-ended questions, rating questions, Likert questions or multiple choice questions, etc. are available in the format. This feature is going to be helpful for you by making sure the format matches with any types of survey questions. For instance, there is a drop-down type available for multiple queries.
Allow Creating Forms In Multi-page
A lengthy survey can easily make the customer want to abandon it. But fear no more! You can separate the form into many pages. The clear separation will help long surveys look less overwhelmed and make the layout to look well-organized. For example, the marketer can divide the questionnaire into 3 pages with General Information on page 1, Job Experience on page 2, and Career Expectations on the final page.
With Custom Form by Mageplaza, users can easily add an extra page by one mouse click.
5 Premade Form Templates
Without any excess configuration needed, the admin can select a form from 5 ready-made templates. These templates will bring time advantage for online stores.
- Feedback Form: gather comment about customer experience
- Contact Form: created to help customers contact the stores
- Pre-order Form: Provide when customers want to order upcoming items or out of stock items
- Survey Form: Gather customer feedback about the store's products/ services
- Customer Order Request Form: Note customer extra request for an order about the delivery or additional design for the product, etc.
Set Forms To Show Anywhere On-Site
The admin can place anywhere that is the most visible on their store sites to draw the attention of customers. The module allows admin to place form via Snippet and Widget.
Regarding the Widget, the position options of the form will appear in the available list at the admin panel.
Another way to set forms on site is by using Snippet. After the admin has finished saving the designed questionnaire, the module will right away give the admin a Snippet code to help them place the form where you wanted to be viewed at the frontend. Snippet supports CMS, Phtml, and Layout.
In general, the form can be configured to present on any pages and any positions at the front page to help the owners to collect customer information effectively.
Preview Forms On The Frontend
If you are concerned about the appearance of the form on the front end, you can preview the way after you finish or made any new updates.
In specific, the preview button will show next to the form and ready to be clicked to see how it looks like on the front page. It is a convenient way to save time for designing a new form.
Set Automatic Response Email
The auto-response email function is created to send emails to customers after customers have submitted their responses successfully.
The automatic feature supports to cut down on workload for the business as they do not have to send the confirmation email manually. The email will be a great way to express your appreciation to the customers who made an effort and spent time to provide feedback.
This feature can bring considerable value to the buyers and the sellers.
Allow Defining Actions After Submitting Forms
After customers finished submitting forms, owners can set the next step depends on the owner's purposes.
They can be kept on the current page or navigated to a URL or CMS page based on the configuration on the back panel.
Create Reports To Further Analysis
In the Response Summary and Response Detail sections, it is easy for the admin to analyze the gathered reply of each form.
The stores will gain a general view of the customer in the Response Summary. The charts created in this section will be a handy summary to support owners quickly assess and make comparisons among different criteria to give strategies for new improvements. With Response Detail, admins will view the response of the customer in detail.
- File Types Uploading
- Respondents can upload files.
- Field Dependency
- The admin can set answers for specific questions as requirements to show the following fields.
- Templates For Email
- The premade templates for the email can help the admin create notifications for the customers after they submit the form along with a notice to stores admins.
- Ability To View/Delete Response
- From the store back panel, the admin can see or erase the response.
- Export Data To CSV, XML Files
- The response data can be download in CSV or XML format.
- Works Well With Google Recaptcha
- By combining with Google reCaptcha, the system can prevent bot's actions from damaging to the custom form.
Full Feature List
For Store Admins
- General: Allow turning on/ turning off the extension
- Enable/ disable Auto-Response to send to recipients
- Allow selecting email sender's name
- Allow selecting a template for email
- Able to activate/ deactivate the admin notification
- Input email for receiving notification
- Select the email sender's name
- Select a template for email
- Help Google Map run properly by filling in API Key
Create & Manage Forms
- Set form general information including name, status, customer groups, store views, valid time
- Configure behavior for the form: Form type (static or popup), actions after submitting a form, custom CSS
- Activate notification sent to admin: enable, email template, sending email
- Create automatic responder: enable, sender title, field of the form to collect, email template, emails address, email planning (response email onset time after submitting form)
- Allow using selected form template with no addition setting
- Able to create a new form: page title/ description, submit button text, field group name/ description, insert fields with 11 type options
Show Forms At Frontend
- Allow coping Snippet code (for CMS, Phtml, Layout)
- Allow creating Widget
- Use a grid to view the response in summary
- Use one form to show all response
- Able to see each answer in details
- Connect with stores easily
- Enjoy precise services provided by the stores
- Attain exceptional experience
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.2, 2.3
17 January, 2020
Extensions, Content & Customizations, Personalization & Experience Management, Product Content
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor