OverviewBack to top
Mageplaza Custom Form extension assists store owners in designing many types of forms. Forms like survey forms, contact forms, etc., will be created instantly with various customizations. Flexible templates are always ready to make the form design suit your expectations. Custom Form extension developed for Magento 2 is a user experience enhancer that helps the admin collect customer opinions about the stores or specifically for the products.
Are these forms important for online stores? Of course, it is the key to create the best experience for the customers. Mageplaza Custom Form module saves time for both customers and businesses, a useful communication tool to maintain business-customer relationships. Also, customers will have a good impression of how well their ideas are listened to and carried out. Moreover, online stores can gather user information effectively and analyze it later via reports for future improvement.
- Create many custom forms with ease
- A variety of input options
- Allow creating forms in multi-page
- 5 premade form templates
- Set forms to show anywhere on site
- Preview forms on the frontend
- Set email to respond automatically
- Allow defining actions after submitting forms
- Create reports to analyze survey results further
- Field dependency
- Compatible well with Mageplaza Google reCaptcha, which prevents bot's actions to the customs forms.
Problems & Solutions
Unlike bricks and mortar, online stores cannot receive feedback and direct conversations with shoppers. That is the reason why the survey form is an ideal alternative tool for communication. Consistent communication with the customers will maintain relationships between stores and your buyers. It shows that you care about the needs and experience to win their hearts. Mageplaza Custom Form extension provides you with ready-to-use templates and customization options, helping you create any forms you want.
Data collection and analysis
Time and effort spent to collect data and analyze the results are often considered a burden for stores. Using the Custom Form extension is a great way to collect information and analyze it. Not only is the collection process quick and easy thanks to instantly uploaded results, but the analysis process is also automatic via Response Summary reports.
With the information gathered, the store can see their performance from the customer's point of view and which customers' demand they haven't fulfilled. From that, owners can do research, create strategies to improve products and services.
Either it is positive or negative feedback, it still helps enormously with customer service. If it is positive, you can take advantage of those comments to show on the page and create a better brand image. If it is negative, customers will feel more respected by stores when they can reach the feedback form whenever they feel frustrated with the store's products or services. Also, it is a way to show customers that the store is ready to listen and take care of buyer's issues when experiencing store products. Customers will also feel that their ideas are counted, and future changes are made for them.
How Custom Form extension works
The process will simply start from creating a new form => Set each page (Title, description) => Create names and descriptions for each Field Group => Form each field (Title like questions, content such as open/closed questions) => Preview the form => Save form => Present the front end to the visitors => Gain responses (Response summary and response detail)
- Survey Form: Owners can use a survey form for multiple purposes. For instance, when an upcoming product/service is going to be released soon, you can form a survey to gather customer opinions.
- Contact Form: The contact form is used to provide contact information about the stores. The form helps to deal with urgent issues that need to be contacted directly with the stores.
- Feedback Form: The feedback form helps customers express their opinions when experiencing the product or services. It will directly benefit the store. In detail, the module will innovate the product and services based on the customer's desire, which will enhance the customer's experience.
- Pre-order Form: Users can use the pre-order registrations for out-of-stock or upcoming items.
- Custom Order Request Form: For shoppers who want to make requests, a custom order request form is needed to satisfy buyers individually. The form can allow customers to utilize as notes for custom design, and so on.
Create Multiple Custom Forms
It is a function that helps to create any forms to collect customer details with flexible customizability. You can add limitless information by using flexible customization and set the layout to show on one page or multi-page.
A Variety Of Input Options
There are fully format input types for each field of the form that creates an easy process for the admin to create numerous questions. In addition, there are many question types admins can choose to set in any way as they wish.
All types of survey questions like open-ended questions, closed-ended questions, rating questions, Likert questions, or multiple-choice questions, etc., are available in the format. This feature is going to be helpful for you by making sure the format matches with any types of survey questions. For instance, there is a drop-down type available for multiple queries.
Allow Creating Forms In Multi-page
A lengthy survey can easily make the customer want to abandon it. But fear no more! You can separate the form into many pages. The clear separation will help long surveys look less overwhelmed and make the layout look well-organized. For example, the marketer can divide the questionnaire into 3 pages with General Information on page 1, Job Experience on page 2, and Career Expectations on the final page.
With Custom Form by Mageplaza, users can easily add an extra page with one mouse click.
5 Premade Form Templates
Without any excess configuration needed, the admin can select a form from 5 ready-made templates. These templates will bring time advantages for online stores.
- Feedback Form: gather comment about customer experience
- Contact Form: created to help customers contact the stores
- Pre-order Form: Provide when customers want to order upcoming items or out of stock items
- Survey Form: Gather customer feedback about the store's products/ services
- Customer Order Request Form: Note customer extra request for an order about the delivery or additional design for the product, etc.
Set Forms To Show Anywhere On-Site
The admin can place anywhere that is the most visible on their store sites to draw customers' attention. In addition, the module allows the admin to place forms via Snippet and Widget.
Regarding the Widget, the position options of the form will appear in the available list at the admin panel.
Another way to set forms on site is by using Snippet. After the admin has finished saving the designed questionnaire, the module will right away give the admin a Snippet code to help them place the form where you wanted to be viewed at the frontend. Snippet supports CMS, Phtml, and Layout.
The form can be configured to present on any pages and any positions on the front page to help the owners collect customer information effectively.
Preview Forms On The Frontend
If you are concerned about the appearance of the form on the front end, you can preview the way after you finish or make any new updates.
In specific, the preview button will show next to the form and ready to be clicked to see how it looks on the front page. It is a convenient way to save time for designing a new form.
Set Automatic Response Email
The auto-response email function is created to send emails to customers after customers have submitted their responses successfully.
The automatic feature helps to cut down on workload for the business as they do not have to send the confirmation email manually. In addition, the email will be a great way to express your appreciation to the customers who made an effort and spent time providing feedback.
This feature can bring considerable value to the buyers and the sellers.
Allow Defining Actions After Submitting Forms
After customers finish submitting forms, owners can set the next step depending on the owner's purposes.
They can be kept on the current page or navigated to a URL or CMS page based on the configuration on the back panel.
Create Reports To Further Analysis
In the Response Summary and Response Detail sections, it is easy for the admin to analyze the gathered reply of each form.
The stores will gain a general view of the customer in the Response Summary. The charts created in this section will be a handy summary to support owners in quickly assess and make comparisons among different criteria to give strategies for new improvements. In addition, with Response Detail, admins will view the response of the customer in detail.
File Types Uploading
Respondents can upload files.
The admin can set answers for specific questions as requirements to show the following fields.
Templates For Email
The premade templates for the email can help the admin create notifications for the customers after they submit the form, along with a notice to store admins.
Ability To View/Delete Response
From the store back panel, the admin can see or erase the response.
Export Data To CSV, XML Files
The response data can be downloaded in CSV or XML format.
Works Well With Google Recaptcha
By combining with Google reCaptcha, the system can prevent the bot's actions from damaging the custom form.
Full Feature List
For store admins: General Settings
- Allow turning on/ turning off the extension
For store admins: Customer Notification
- Enable/ disable Auto-Response to send to recipients
- Allow selecting email sender's name
- Allow selecting a template for email
For store admins: Admin Notification
- Able to activate/ deactivate the admin notification
- Input email for receiving notification
- Select the email sender's name
- Select a template for email
For store admins: Google Maps
- Help Google Map run properly by filling in API Key
For store admins: Create & Manage Forms
- Set form general information including name, status, customer groups, store views, valid time
- Configure behavior for the form: Form type (static or popup), actions after submitting a form, custom CSS
- Activate notification sent to admin: enable, email template, sending email
- Create automatic responder: enable, sender title, the field of the form to collect, email template, emails address, email planning (response email onset time after submitting the form)
- Allow using selected form template with no addition setting
- Able to create a new form: page title/ description, submit button text, field group name/ description, insert fields with 11 type options
For store admins: Show Forms At Frontend
- Allow coping Snippet code (for CMS, Phtml, Layout)
- Allow creating Widget
For store admins: Manage Responses
- Use a grid to view the response in summary
- Use one form to show all response
- Able to see each answer in details
- Connect with stores easily
- Enjoy precise services provided by the stores
- Attain exceptional experience
Q1: How to avoid the bot actions?
A: To avoid bot actions from the forms, you can install Google reCaptcha.
Q2: How many templates are available in the Custom Form Builder?
A: You can choose among 5 templates: Feedback Form, Survey Form, Pre-order Form, Customer Order Request Form, and Contact Form.
Q3: Is it possible to preview the form?
A: Yes, it is. You can preview the form in the backend after clicking the Preview button.
Q4: I want to display the form in an area, but it is not included in the list. How can I configure this?
A: Mageplaza Custom Form extension allows you to place the forms anywhere on your site using snippet code. You can find out more information in this user guide.
Q5: I want to be informed about the form submission status. Is it possible to do so?
A: Yes, you only need to go to the ‘Admin Notification’ and set the ‘Send Time’ section to be ‘Daily’ (so that emails will be sent daily) or ‘Immediately’ (so that emails will be sent right after customers submit those forms).
Q6: Can I create complex questions such as Likert questions?
A: There are more than 12 field types for you to choose from, ranging from text, checkbox, date time, to grid, star rating, and more. There are also more options in each field. Please read more here.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Adobe Commerce platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current), 2.2 (obsolete)
23 June, 2021
Extensions, Content & Customizations, Personalization & Experience Management, Product Content
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Adobe Commerce that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.4
- Stability: Stable Build
- Supported Magento v2.4
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Adobe Commerce developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor