Currency Formatter for Magento 2 helps your store to avoid causing misleading information regarding product price. Also, the flexible formatting improves multi-national customer experience with a familiar price format on store sites.
OverviewBack to top
Currency Formatter extension created by Mageplaza is an informative tool for stores to optimize the price attached to each product.
In the currency format, customers can easily be confused with the price, as there is no worldwide standard for currency format. Specifically, the displayed currencies normally contain details like currency symbol, decimal separator, and thousands separator. This format change from one country to another.
For example, the English speaking countries place the graphic symbol before the value like $10.00. However, it is not the case for European currencies. For France, the graphic image is displayed behind the amount like 10.00€. Similarly to currency symbols, many other countries design different decimal separators for domestic purposes. Thus, these details need to be customized in order to reduce misunderstanding from visitors who live in other nations.
The stores can gain better flexibility to edit all of the aforementioned details, with the help of this module. You can minimize any unwanted misunderstanding in product value for Multinational shoppers. Magento 2 Currency Formatter is a customer experience enhancer for your Magento 2 store sites.
How Currency Formatter Works
Customize The Price Format
With support from Mageplaza Currency Formatter extension, the above problems will be solved. The extension helps price formats to become more appropriate and friendly to visitors.
Switch To The Local Currency
Magento 2 Currency Formatter supports the store product price format suitable for each local buyers. The confusion caused by commas or dots will no longer exist like whether it is the thousands separator or the decimal separator.
- Upgrade all available currency at Magento store sites
- Place specific symbols for the currencies
- Edit the thousands separator with ease
- Set decimal separator sign and digit
- Support to show minus sign at multiple positions
- Currency format preview
- Works with multiple store views
- Support both frontend and backend
Upgrade All Available Currencies
Currency Formatter developed for Magento 2 has a useful feature that helps all of your available currencies appropriately displayed on your online store. The module is the best tool to assist you to modify formats of certain currencies. The only requirement for this modification is to help the format suit with standards of nations worldwide in order to show the customers precise item prices.
Place A Specific Symbol For The Currency
The symbol which can be called as currency’s name is the crucial component in the format to inform customers price. With this feature, owners can choose to view the currency symbol as abbreviations or signs. For instance, the US dollar can be shown as $ or USD.
Even better, you can choose the position to place the symbol. There are five positions supported by the module which placed around the price value:
- Before value: It is the position which situated before the price value with no additional space - $20.
- Before value with space: It is similarly positioned on the front of the cost but separated with space - $ 20.
- After value: It is the location situated behind the back of the value with no space - 20$.
- After value with space: It will be situated behind the value with space - 20 $.
- None: If you prefer not to show the symbol, it is also possible to disable it.
Edit The Thousands Separators With Ease
The valuable function provides full flexibility to adjust thousands of separator, which helps owners clarify store price value. In detail, a comma is often used by Great Britain and the United States while other countries use a period or a thin space instead.
With these differences, Mageplaza provides you 4 options to divide the group of thousands:
- Space: the separation will be a thin space, e.g: 45 467
- Dot: the thousands group will be separated with a period, e.g: 45.467
- Comma: the thousands group will be separated with a small comma, eg: 45,467
- None: the thousands group will not be separated with any space or symbol
Set The Decimal Separator Sign & Digit
The decimal mark is also needed for further adjustment when comparing with different countries. In the case of the US and UK, they tend to use period. In contrast, other countries apply comma as decimal marks.
With Currency Formatter install in your system, you can change the decimal as dots or commas correctly for each store view.
Also, the admins can set up the number of decimals easily at the backend. The store owners who want to show the price accuracy as much as possible they can add up the specific decimals number in the integer part. For instance, the system will show $15.1 when the decimal number is 1 or it can show 15.11$ then it is set as 2.
Show The Minus Sign At Multiple Positions
Magento 2 Currency Formatter can show the discount with the minus sign. It can display in many positions on the store page:
- Before value
- After value
- Before symbol
- After symbol
Currency Format Preview
The convenience is enhanced with an example that shows after any adjustments made at the backend. The changes for each currency will show directly on the back panel.
Works With Multiple Store Views
The module is capable to work well with various store views.
Support Both Frontend & Backend
The format of the currency is applied for both the storefront and the admin panel.
Full Feature List
For Store Admins
- Able to turn on/ turn off the extension
- Allow adding the currency symbol
- Set the currency symbol’s position
- Allow adding the group separator’s sign
- Insert the decimal value in digits
- Allow adding to decimal value a sign
- Allow adding minus value’s sign
- Set the minus sign’s position
- View changes faster by previewing the backend example
- Friendly to the national practice and standards
- Reduce price misunderstanding caused by unfamiliar currency format
Q: Can the Currency Formatter module allows me to adjust the currency symbol position?
A: Of course, there are 4 different positions to show the symbol including Before value, Before value with space, After value, After value with space, None (Disable the emblem)
Q: Can the module support me to change the separator for groups of thousands to “period”?
A: Yes, you can choose to switch between “comma” and “dot” on the backend configuration.
Q: Can you guide me to edit the decimal mark format?
A: On the admin panel, please access the Decimal Separator section and switch from “comma” to “dot” or vice versa. After that, you can move on to deciding the number of separator digits between 0-4.
Q: Can I check the edited format before I save the change?
A: Yes, please use the preview function which is an example of your modification.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.2 2.3
- Compatible with Commerce using on prem (EE) : 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build