OverviewBack to top
Nexi is one of the best-known payment methods in Italy, which is rebranded as Nexi payment - a subsidiary of Nexi Group. Nexi credit cards work on the international VISA or Mastercard circuits and use contactless technology. Therefore, card users can conveniently and reliably make their payments for every online purchase not only in Italy but worldwide. There is a massive number of Nexi cards in circulation and billions of payment transactions processed every year. Nexi is a powerful payment method that enforces your e-commerce store to attract Italian online consumers.
Nexi extension developed for Magento 2 is an exceptional tool for businesses to integrate Nexi - the most popular payment gateway in Italy with e-commerce stores. With the help of this module, your customers can use various cart types and set payment actions to capture their payments. Nexi improves the shopping experiences of your customers and significantly increases the conversion rate of your store.
Account & Pricing
About Nexi Payment
Huge Numbers Of Nexi Payment
- Thirteen million are the total number of Nexi cards in circulation.
- More than 2 billion transactions have been carried out to date with Nexi.
- 17.7 million Italian consumers regularly make purchases online.
- 41% of Italian consumers buy oversea products or services online.
Nexi Payment Features
- Most popular payment method in Italy, with 13 million issued cards
- High-speed payment processing
- Safe and reliable with 3D Secure, minimizing the risk of chargebacks.
- Support refund online
- Help both customers and e-commerce stores more convenient and satisfied
No payment data entered by customers is passed through or stored on the Magento server. All payment information is securely transmitted directly to Nexi. Redirect method is used with most payment methods, which means customers are switched to the payment method provider’s website. In case 3D secure is not available in a payment method (credit cards), API will be used. All information will be pushed to Nexi without passing through the Magento server.
- Provide extra payments to checkout
- Support the mostly-used card types
- Display Nexi payment based on amount conditions
- Data storage security
- Fully support multiple store view
- Choose two payment actions to capture payment
- Ten available languages for selecting
- Choose certain countries to apply
- Set order total amount condition
- Refund possibilities
- Properly compatible with One Page Checkout
Provide Extra Payment To Checkout
- Nexi pay is a payment gateway supporting payment services for businesses on the Italian market.
- By adding Nexi as a payment method on the Checkout page, entrepreneurs bring convenience, trust, and security for your Italian customers.
Support The Most-used Card Types
- Nexi Pay accepts the most common cards in the world, including VISA, VISA Electron, V-Pay, Mastercard, Maestro, American Express, and Dinners. Thanks to the diversity in card types, customers are more convenient to make payments via Nexi gateway.
Display Based On Amount Conditions
- One of the most striking features of Nexi is allowing/disallowing Nexi usage according to the orders’ total amount.
- From the admin backend, the store admins can easily set minimum and maximum order total to activate Nexi payment. When Order Total reaches the amount limit requirement, the Nexi payment method is shown on the frontend.
- Applying Nexi - the favorite payment method of customers is a great way to encourage them to make further purchases.
Data Storage Security
- After customers select Nexi Pay as the payment method, they will be redirected to the hosted page of the Nexi provider. Once customers complete their payments, they will be backed to the shopping site. Hence, all sensitive data will be kept secure for shoppers.
- Easy Test Mode - Choose testing environment to apply Nexi
- Applicable Countries - Limit certain countries to use Nexi payment method from admin settings
- Page Language - Choose a language for Nexi payment page which is suitable for each country to make customers’ payment quicker and more convenient
- Refund Online - Make refund online by applying Nexi
- New Order Status - Choose status for the new orders paid via Nexi
- Multiple Store Views - Nexi Pay is fully supported in different store views
- Debug Mode - Allow diagnostic information to be saved in logged files on the Magento web server
- Sort Order - Specific the display position of Nexi payment on the Checkout page
- Extension Compatibility - Well compatible with Mageplaza One Step Checkout
Full Feature List
For Store Admins
- Input the title of the payment method shown on the checkout page
- Select status for order set by Nexi payment method: Processing or Suspected Fraud
- Choose payment action to capture payment: Authorize and Capture, or Authorize. If payment action is Authorize and Capture, payment will be captured immediately after the customer place order successfully. If payment action is Authorize, payment will only be accepted once the admin creates an invoice for the order of the customer.
- Select one among ten languages to show on the Nexi payment page
- Set the minimum order total (including shipping fee, tax, and discount amount) to be paid by Nexi
- Set the maximum order total (including shipping fee, tax, and discount amount) to be paid by Nexi
- Turn on/ turn off debug mode to save payment information in Magento web server
- Choose the display position of Nexi compared to other payment methods
- Turn on/ turn off the extension
- Choose Sandbox or Production as a testing environment
- Set Payment Page URL to redirect customers when they make payment with Nexi
- Enter Merchant Alias and MAC Calculation Secret Key
- Properly compatible with other Checkout & Payment Extensions, including Stripe Payment, Moneris Payment, SagePay Payment extensions
- The extra payment method with security and fraud prevention
- Use Nexi with all major card types
- Save credit cards for further purchase
- Make payment fast and conveniently
- Have a better shopping experience
Q: Is the Nexi Pay module compatible with One Step Checkout extension from Mageplaza?
A: Yes, of course. Nexi is well compatible with Mageplaza One Step Checkout
Q: How many languages do Nexi support?
A: There are ten languages supported by Nexi.
Q: Can I select certain countries to use this payment?
A: Yes, of course. Please set Payment from Applicable Countries filed as Specific Countries, then select the countries you want.
Q: Can I set the limitation for the whole order amount which is allowed to be paid by Nexi?
A: Yes, surely. From the admin backend, you can set Minimum Order Total and Maximum Order Total. If Order Total reaches the minimum limit, the new Nexi payment method is shown in the frontend. When Order Total exceeds the maximum limit, the Nexi payment method will be hidden from the frontend.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.2, 2.3
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.2, 2.3
23 September, 2019
Extensions, Payments & Security, Checkout Enhancements, Payment Integration
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.2 2.3
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor