Better Product Options for Magento 2 supports the admin to assign options for multiple products easily and instantly by using templates. The module is an admin experience enhancer to optimize the performance of online stores.
OverviewBack to top
Better Product Options developed for Magento 2 is an effective method to improve the admin’s performance. The extension covers all the features that Magento 2 cannot offer to many online stores, which related to customized options. Some applications of the module:
- Assign product options to specific products or mass products: The module is designed with a function, which assists users to apply options to multiple products all at once. Is it a valuable measure to save time for option settings. In the default for Magento 2, the manual method only allows the users to add an option for one product each time. Thus, it is an obsolete function, that requires redundant actions for your admins while they can utilize it for other tasks.
- Enjoy the innovative Admin experience: No excess actions is required when you experience this cutting-edge tool, the admin will be motivated to work with higher productivity. Also, the accuracy of the frontend output, product option diversities, and site performance are possible to achieve when you integrate Mageplaza Better Product Options to your store sites.
- Use templates to add options for store items
- Assign product options for multiples items via multiple ways
- Allow modifying template onsite
- Apply the option’s default value
- Admin can unlink or delete options after removing templates
- Use the popup to select templates
Use Templates To Add Options
Adding options will no longer be a time-consuming task with the help of options templates. You can feely generate more templates to apply to store products. To do so, you need to make sure the created templates contain option title, options type, option price, and options SKU. After creating the templates successfully, you can link it with any product available in stores. Besides, all the repeated actions to apply the same option to many items will no longer be needed. It is all thanks to the templates method, that the admin can enjoy better backend experience.
Flexible To Assign Product Options
After you created the templates with suitable options, the admin can utilize many methods in order to assign templates to store items. The first method is applying product ID for the assignment of products to particular templates. Secondly, using Product SKUs is also possible in this case. At the template edit page, you can choose to insert one or multiple product IDs or products SKUs.vAdditionally, the store admin can access the Product Grid to apply templates for many items.
Modify Templates Onsite
Template adjustment is available even when you select a template at the Product Edit Page. It is easily done by unticking the “Link template” checkbox and the admin can continue to edit template values with ease. Editing at the same time while loading templates will save some time for admins. Thus, it enhances flexibility when changes needed to take place.
- Assign Templates In Mass: The Action Box at the Product Grid is available for admins to assign templates for mass products.
- Default Values: The admin can set each option a default value.
- Remove Templates: After a template had been removed, the link between the products and that template will be removed or unliked.
- Quick Apply In A Popup: A popup will appear to assist users in selecting templates conveniently.
Full Feature List
- Allow enabling/ disabling Better Product Options extension
- Set options to link with the template by default
- Allow selecting results after removing templates: unlinks or removed
- Allow selecting mass products and assigning the same template at once.
Create New/Edit Template
- Allow setting a template’s name, status, description
- Allow creating option’s title
- Allow selecting option type: Text (Field/ Area), File, Date & Time/ Date/ Time, Select (Drop-down/ Radio Buttons/ Multiple Select/ Checkbox)
- Able to add to an option with SKU
- Based on Product ID(s)/ Product SKU(s) to assign the template
Assign Template Via Edit Product Form
- Use pop-up to select a product template
- Unlink after making some adjustments to the template
Product Options Templates Grid
- Show product options templates data: ID, Name, Status, Number of Products, Number of Options, Created Date
- Use the grid to modify the template
- Use the grid to delete a template
- Use the grid to change the template’s status
Q: How to select an option template for an item?
A: There are three ways to do this. The first method is by assigning a template with Action Box in the Product Gird. In addition, you can access the Product Edit Page of the edited products and apply the template. Finally, you can choose to take advantage of the product IDs or product SKUs to assign at the Template Edit Page.
Q: How to assign a template to mass products with one action?
A: Please access the Product gird to execute mass action or you can insert multiple IDs or SKUs of products in Template Edit Page.
Q: Is it possible to edit the templates when I already applied it?
A: Yes, when you finished choosing the template, continue unticked the “Link Template” checkbox to modify the templates.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Compatible with Commerce using on prem (EE) : 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build