OverviewBack to top
2Checkout is one of the leading payment platforms that allows e-commerce businesses to accept payments through the world and build revenue without payment processing hassle. This payment gateway makes the payment seamless by doing a lot of behind-the-scene tasks with tools, integrations, automation, and services. It creates intelligent payment routing and multi-currency management, facilitating the payment process for customers, and reducing significant payment management time for online business. This payment gateway serves over 200 countries territories. It accepts over 40 payment methods, offers services in over 30 languages, and supports 100 display & billing currencies.
Mageplaza 2Checkout extension is the right choice if you want to integrate this optimal payment gateway into your Magento 2 stores. It is an excellent way to give your customers access to numerous payment possibilities. Without complexities in integration or configuration, this module efficiently performs the function of integration. You can easily browse into the configuration and test the successful and failed checkout scenarios. 2Checkout participates in European Privacy Shield and Swiss - United States Privacy Shield Frameworks and installs sufficient safeguards. Therefore, this extension guarantees the security of your customers’ payments and personal information.
Adding this popular payment gateway to your store’s checkout page makes it more functional with multi-payment methods. Shoppers would be delighted that they can use conventional payment methods and currencies. Customer experience and conversion rate will be improved considerably as a result.
According to BigCommerce, several reasons are leading to the shopping cart abandonment at the checkout process. Notably, 18% of customers didn’t trust the online store with their credit card information, and 8% didn’t see their preferred payment methods. Mageplaza 2Checkout integrating a secure and trustworthy payment gateway will increase consumer trust and significantly reduce abandoned carts at checkout.
Account & Pricing
An additional 2Checkout account is required, and other fees may apply, see the pricing here. The account is not created during extension installation. To create a merchant account and activate your card, please visit here. You can see 2Checkout terms & conditions here.
No payment data entered by customers is passed through or stored on the Magento server. All payment information is securely transmitted to 2Checkout. The redirect method is active with most payment methods, which means customers can switch to the payment method provider’s website. In case 3D secure is not available in a payment method (credit cards), API will replace. All information will transfer to 2Checkout without passing through the Magento server.
- Support the most major credit cards: Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, JCB, Diners Club
- Provide three 2Checkout integration methods: Magento default, Iframe checkout, and Redirect checkout
- High-security transactions
- Allow setting conditions to apply for the payment
- Transfer cart information to the payment gateway
- Add redirect link to the order ID
- Compatible with Mageplaza One Step Checkout
Why Use Mageplaza 2Checkout
Integrating a popular payment gateway into a Magento 2 store is easier than ever with a simple configuration. No need for any complex coding and all the integrating implementation will take place at the admin backend.
2Checkout identifies fraudulent activities and prevents them from negatively affecting customers’ payment process by offering a multi-tier defense strategy. This payment gateway also ensures high security by following many standards including PCI DSS, GDPR, BBB Accreditation, SSAE 18, and Privacy Shield. Therefore, you can confidently integrate this method into your Magento 2 stores.
2Checkout serves numerous customers from several countries all over the world. It offers and optimizes functions to make it available to as many customers as possible.
2Checkout directs its services to customers from multiple nations, so they also support a wide range of currencies. At the checkout process, customers can choose the currencies which are familiar to them.
Store Cart Info On A Hosted Page
2Checkout gives the store owners extra space to store up the data of shopping carts paid via 2Checkout.
Support Standard Types Of Cards
2Checkout allows customers to check out via different types of credit cards, which are also used popularly around the world. The payment method makes it available and convenient that customers have many options for the payment. They can choose familiar credit cards to facilitate their payment transactions. The store’s checkout page is also more professional and functional with a variety of credit cards.
Some major card types are Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Diners Club, and JCB.
Three 2Checkout Integration Methods
You can integrate 2Checkout into the Magento 2 store easily through three ways, including Magento 2 default, Iframe checkout, and Redirect.
Using Magento 2 default, 2Checkout fully integrates into your store. Tokenization is executed to swap out sensitive payment card and bank account from your business systems. With Iframe (Inline) Checkout, after customers click on the place order button, 2checkout will display as a pop-up at the checkout page. This method might be appealing to some customers. It is also a quick way to fulfill the card information. The last style and even the most simple one is Redirect. Customers redirect to the 2Checkout page after placing the order and moving to the checkout.
High-Secure Financial Transactions
When it comes to personal data, 2Checkout takes it seriously to ensure high data security and continuously detect the risk fraud. You can rest assured that your card information and bank account will not be leaked anywhere after finishing the payment. 2Checkout ensure security by following the highest compliance:
- PCI DSS: PCI DSS is the most basic security standard for the card payment industry. 2Checkout gets certified at Level 1, the highest level of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard.
- GDPR: 2Checkout complies with the latest changes and updates with the payment industry and to EU regulations.
- BBB Accreditation: BBB (Better Business Bureau) rating presents BBB’s opinion of how the business interacts with its customers. BBB rates 2Checkout with an A+, the highest score.
- Privacy Shield: 2Checkout complies with EU-U.S Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S Privacy Shield frameworks about transatlantic ecommerce.
- SSAE 18: 2Checkout is SSAE 18 and ISAE 3024 compliant - the highest standards on how companies report on compliance controls.
Apply 2Checkout By Conditions
The store admin can set specific requirements applying to the use of 2Checkout payment. Those conditions can be placed at the backend easily. There are three common conditions:
- Applicable countries: Restrict the method to some specific countries. Customers from unapplicable nations can’t check out via 2Checkout.
- Order total: The admin set the maximum/minimum of the order total from the backend configuration. When the customers’ order reaches the maximum or minimum, 2Checkout payment will appear, and they can use it.
- Supported currencies: The store admin can also choose the currencies which are accepted or rejected by this payment method.
Depending on particular purposes, making 2Checkout payment workable for specific cases based on conditions will help you to control the payment better.
Transfer Cart Information
Notably, Mageplaza 2Checkout enables the storage of the cart information at the hosted site. The necessary information consists of the order ID, description, refund, and the amount. This advanced feature makes it easier for store owners to keep track of and manage the orders.
Choose the environment as a Sandbox for testing and production before officially applying to the store.
Authorize & Capture The Payment
The store admin can obtain the payment from 2Checkout payment transaction after customers place the orders.
Set The Order Status
The store admin can change the status of the order after the payment is successfully made
2Checkout Order ID Link
A redirect link to the Sandbox environment adds to the order ID, which makes it convenient for store admins to view the order details.
Partial & Full Refund
A partial and full refund can be implemented online and offline
2Checkout extension is compatible with Mageplaza One Step Checkout
Full Feature List
- Turn on/turn off the module
- Give the title for the payment
- Collect the payments based on the payment action
- Set the new status for the order after the payment completed
- Enable/disable to transfer cart information to 2Checkout hosted page
- Choose the currencies to apply for the payment
- Choose the types to display the payment method: Magento default, Iframe checkout, and Redirect checkout.
- Choose types of applicable credit cards
- Select countries from which customers come from can use the payment method
- Set the maximum/minimum of the order total to apply for the payment
- Turn on the debug mode for store diagnostic information in log files on the webserver
- Define the display position of the CommWeb payment on the checkout page
- Choose the testing environment
- Enter the merchant ID (account number or seller ID)
- Apply publishable key received from 2Checkout registration
- Apply private key collected from 2Checkout
- Enter the API username and API password collected from 2Checkout
- Enter the accepted URL if testing environment as Sandbox
- Check the connection with 2Checkout by using Test Credential button
- View transaction information via my orders' section at customers’ accounts
- See transaction information via order details section at the backend
- Add the redirect link to Sandbox to the order ID
- Show comments of the orders and history of the transaction
Q: Which credit cards 2Checkout supports?
A: 2Checkout accepts the most standard credit cards such as Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Diners Club, JCB.
Q: Can I set the payment to be applied based on countries?
A: Yes. You can choose applicable countries at the backend
Q: Can I make 2Checkout payment available based on the order total?
A: Yes. You can set the maximum and the minimum number of the order total. When the orders reach the configured order total, the payment method will show.
Q: In which ways does the 2Checkout payment display at the checkout page?
A: Three ways for you: Magento default, Iframe checkout, and Redirect checkout. If choosing Magento default, the payment method will display in a similar style with your Magento 2 store theme. If using Iframe checkout, the payment method will appear as a pop-up after customers place the orders. Redirect checkout will navigate customers to the 2Checkout hosted page.
Q: What the link added to the order ID exactly is?
A: It is a redirect link to the Sandbox site of 2Checkout where you can view the order details
Q: How does 2Checkout display on the One Step Checkout page?
A: 2Checkout extension is appropriately compatible with One Step Checkout, so you don’t have to worry about the payment method’s performance on the One Step Checkout page.
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3 (current), 2.2 (obsolete)
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.3 (current), 2.2 (obsolete)
19 April, 2021
Extensions, Payments & Security, Payment Integration
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.2 2.3
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor