OverviewBack to top
One Step Checkout extension for Magento 2 is a handy extension that optimizes your checkout page to increase the conversion rate of your checkout. Mageplaza One Step Checkout extension has been used by thousands of online merchants to help prevent up to 69% of cart abandonment (according to research by Baymard) which are:
- 24% of cart abandonment caused by the hesitation of creating a new account
- 18% of cart abandonment caused by long, complicated checkout
- 17% of cart abandonment caused by the lack of payment trust badges
The extension simplifies the checkout page so that customers do not have to move back and forth from different pages to apply their information such as name, address, and card number. They can correct any mistakes conveniently as all required fields now are displayed clearly on only one page.
Magento 2 makes the checkout page shorter with two steps instead of six steps like Magento 1. However, the default checkout process is still complicated when your shoppers have to reload the whole page to move to the next or back to the previous step. Furthermore, the default checkout page only has basic requirements, including customers' personal information, payment methods, and shipping methods. Hence, it can be a big problem if shoppers have extra demands for their products and orders such as preferred delivery time, gift wrap, and the message for recipients, etc.
As a result, to help Magento merchants build the most optimal checkout process, Mageplaza has released the best solution of all time - One Step Checkout for Magento 2.
- Checkout page is optimized to be one page
- Fully responsive on multiple devices
- Google-powered address suggestion feature
- Auto-update order information
- Support most payment methods
- Gift Wrap, Gift Message, Order Comments
- Custom Checkout Fields
- Trust Badges
- Advanced Quick Cart
- Easy to install and customize
- Compatible out-of-the-box with 3th-party extensions
- Powerful admin configuration
Checkout Abandonment Is Reduced
In e-Commerce, above 70% of carts are abandoned for multiple reasons. However, most of the cases would have been prevented by powerful tactics. Mageplaza One Step Checkout extension helps eliminate cart abandonment by:
- Enhancing convenience in account login: no login required or login in a popup
- Simplifying the checkout page: one simple page only
- Improving secured feeling: trust badges for payment methods
Conversion Rate Is Boosted
The simple yet effective checkout design by the One Step Checkout extension can increase 35% of conversion rate:
- The checkout process is completely on one page instead of two long & complicated checkout steps on native Magento 2
- Mageplaza One Step Checkout page is fully responsive on multiple devices: desktops, mobile phones, tablets
- Multiple layouts are appliable to suit every store theme
- Checkout fields are flexibly rearranged or removed to ensure good checkout experience
Increase Shopping Experience
- Faster: Only one page, one step to checkout. No wasting time on filling in unnecessary information. Billing information can be automatically filled in a blink.
- Simpler: Simple design and checkout steps
- More secured: Security badges are featured to boost buyers' confidence in making checkout decisions.
Optimized Checkout Page
The one-page checkout page, as its name, is only on one page which encourages the shoppers for its simplicity and fast process. Unnecessary information can be removed to make it more user-friendly. Whereas, checkout fields can be rearranged to create the best experience of the checkout page. Everything helps boost your customers' shopping convenience.
Google Address Suggestion
Suggest accurate addresses after typing several first letters: Save lots of time on manually typing in a completely correct home address which may stop any buyers from keeping going with the checkout. This Google-powered feature suggests all relevant addresses for buyers to select after getting one or two first letters.
The Find me button: is to let the system auto-detect their location and fill in the address field.
One Step Checkout extension for Magento 2 creates an order comments section for your shoppers to note down their additional requisition for the item. For example, your customers can provide the available time to receive the product. This comment will also help you manage the delivery better.
Gift options which include gift wrap and gift message will definitely give your customers pleasure when shopping at your store. This little thoughtfulness from you will help increase your profit, especially during the holidays and events.
Easy To Customize
One Step Checkout extension for Magento 2 allows store admin to easily change the checkout page style, color, layout and title without editing and code from the backend. Moreover, below each setting section is the short guidance notes which you can use to configure the One Step Checkout effortlessly.
Custom Checkout Fields
You can flexibly manage and arrange the checkout fields by adding, replacing, and changing the positions of particular fields. By dragging fields in the Available Fields to the Sorted Fields, you can get all your desired fields in the checkout page and remove unnecessary ones. Afterward, click on the Save Position button to save your arrangement. The Custom Checkout Fields has over ten available fields for you to choose from. It also supports fields of Customer Attributes extension.
Customers abandon 15% of online carts because they worry about payment security. They wonder whether the payment gateway of an online store is secured enough to protect their card information. Hence, including a trust badge in the checkout page will help customers feel safer and make your payment methods more reliable. The trust marks encourage customers to checkout and then, increase the conversion rate as well as revenue significantly.
Under the Place Order button, there can be a block displaying secure payment guarantee checkmarks or feasible payment methods for customers to easy to know.
The checkout page can be responsive to any screen sizes and devices such as PC, tablets or mobiles.
Gift Wrap is available in One Step Checkout. Customers can send gifts wrapped beautifully to their beloveds.
Customers can leave messages along with the gifts to their beloveds
The extension allows customers to log in right at the checkout page and log in as a guest as well as register at once.
Geo IP Location Detection
Based on customers’ IPs, it automatically identifies the customers’ locations and sets the default Country field.
Support Order Comment
Customers can leave comments on the orders at the checkout process to convey their demands to the sellers better.
Apply Coupon With Ease
At the required fields on the checkout page, customers can apply coupon here. The discount will be applied to the order directly and automatically.
One Step Checkout provides a smart calendar that allows customers to select their preferred shipping time. This feature makes the management system easier.
Detect Email Automatically
The email customers use to register an account on the store can be detected automatically.
Custom Thank You Page
The store owner can add a custom CMS statistic block the success page/thank you page. Thanks to the customization, you can promote the cross-sell products on the Success page.
House Security Code
To help shippers deliver the orders more efficiently, customers can leave their house or building security code.
By recording figures of abandonment rates and conversion rates at every single step, the store owner can define which step leads to the most abandoned carts.
Add Order Attributes
At the checkout page, the store admin can include order attributes in Shipping, Payment, and Total Summary, which makes the order converted from customers quicker and more accurate.
Update Customer Attributes
Installing both Customer Attributes and One Step Checkout extension for a Magento 2 store enables the store admin to get more information about customers from the Address section.
Full Feature List
- Allow both guests and registered customers to checkout
- Leave more comments on the order
- Apply coupon code in the checkout process
- Edit the cart on the checkout page
- Leave Gift Message on the order
- Support to wrap the gift per item or per entire order
- Multi-shipping methods and multi-payment methods
- Checkout on a single page with necessary fields
- Autofill address field with Google Suggest Address
- Fill full address fields with one click on Find me button
- Auto-update total price, discount ... if there are any changes in quantity, shipping & payment methods
- Responsive design to conveniently reach out the checkout page
- An auto-detect customer account that is registered on your store
- Easy to check out as register, guest or logged in
- Allows customizing delivery time
- Display static blocks at the top/bottom of the checkout page
- Show static blocks at the checkout success page
- Add Seal static block under the Place Order button
- 2-columns layout
- Show/hide the item list on the Review section
Responsive Design & Multiple Layouts
- Auto-fit with every device (Mobile, Tablet, PC)
- The different configuration, design, layout for different store view
- User-friendly interface
- Support multiple stores
- Support multiple languages
- Redirect customer to the checkout page as soon as adding a product to cart
- Auto-update order information (plus/ minus/ remove any items)
- Support a thumbnail image on Order Review
- Show the detail product information
- Easy to install and configure
- Support 1, 2, 3 columns layout
- Custom the displayed checkout with unlimited colors
Extra Add-Ons On Checkout Page
- Support Gift wrap option
- Add gift messages and comments to orders.
- Sign up for the newsletter option.
- Support Ajax popup "Terms and conditions" checkbox.
- Flat Rate
- Free Shipping
- Table Rates
- All shipping methods tested with Default Magento 2 checkout
- Paypal Pro (included 3D Secure)
- Paypal Plus
- Moneybookers (Skrill)
- Google Checkout
- Zero Subtotal Checkout
- Debit Payment
- Check / Money Order
- All payment methods tested with Default Magento 2 checkout
One Step Checkout is well compatible out-of-box with nearly 100% of the third extensions such as shipping/ payment providers or loyalty extensions or credit modules.
Q: Are there some addresses not included in the dropdown list?
A: All the data of the address is from the Google database; the address displaying will depend on the update of Google.
Q: Can I install the extension on our test site?
A: Yes, of course. You can install on one live site and one test site. If you are running multiple stores, we count it one installation/license for multi-domains in the same Magento installation.
Q: Do I have to pay for One Step Checkout monthly?
A: No, it’s a one-time payment, no hidden cost.
Q: Can I install the extension by myself?
A: Yes, you can. Follow our guide to install it yourself. If you have trouble installing, refer to our Installation Service to get help from our Magento experts. They will install the extension for your store within 24 hours.
Q: Is it possible to set an address with the street name placed before the home number?
A: Yes. You can set up it at the Google Places.
Q: What edition does this module support?
A: Mageplaza One Step Checkout is well compatible with Magento Open (Community), Magento eCommerce (Enterprise) 2.2.x, 2.3.x. It doesn’t support CE, EE, 2.0.x.
Q: Differences between One Page Checkout, One Step Checkout, and Magento 2 Default Checkout?
A: Both One Step Checkout and One Page Checkout are Magento 2 extensions which optimize the default checkout process by eliminating unnecessary fields and automatically update the order information via AJAX technology.
Q: Why should I choose Mageplaza?
A: We provide you with one of the most advanced checkout extensions. There are a bunch of optimal features in this extension which helps increase conversion rates sustainably.
Q: I’m using a custom theme, is One Step Checkout compatible with our design?
A: We develop One Step Checkout following the Magento 2 coding standard and best practice on Magento Community and Magento Enterprise site. Therefore, it’s compatible with themes and custom designs. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any problems with your design. We offer free compatibility services for these specific cases.
Q: Does One Page Checkout support multi-stores?
A: Yes, you can use the same Magento installation for multiple stores.
Q: What are the terms of services and privacy policies
25 Day Marketplace Refund Policy | 1-Year Update | 1-Year Support
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3 (current)
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.3 (current)
15 June, 2021
Extensions, Payments & Security, Checkout Enhancements
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
- Compatible with Magento v2.3.5
- Fixed minor bugs
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor