Wepay Payment and Subscription allows customers to make recurring payments in a secure and seamless manner.
OverviewBack to top
Wepay is one of the emerging payment gateways in the world. With the aim to launch alternative merchant accounts, similar to ProPay or Stripe, Wepay tries it best to develop finance products and services with the ability to collect payments for various business models, including crowd funding.
To use the extension, you need to sign up for a Wepay merchant account by contacting Wepay partners here.
This is how pricing for Wepay service works:
- Credit card payments: 2.9% plus $0.30
- Bank transfer payments: 1% plus $0.30
- Termination Fee: None
- PCI Compliance Fee: None
- Equipment Lease: None
- Charge back fee: $15
How it works
- First, merchants need to sign up with one of Wepay’s partners directly here
- Verify via an email from Wepay or their partners, containing a link to complete setup
- Go to the back-end and connect your Magento 2 store with your Wepay account.
Full list of features for Wepay Payment and Subscription for Magento 2
- Subscription management
- Hosted Payment Page (Redirect)
- Full and Partial refund
- Authorize only
- Void authorization
- Authorize and capture
- Card storage/Saved card
The PCI DSS certification process is designed to protect your sensitive data. WePay is a certified Level 1 PCI Compliant Service Provider (the highest level). We test our system daily (manually and automatically) to ensure security.
- The subscription management tools come with Wepay allows merchants to create subscription plans for products and services
- Merchants can set a subscription price, the number of payment cycles and billing intervals
- Customers also have the option to subscribe to the trial plan so they can see how the product works before actually buying it
- Once customers are registered to the subscription plans, merchants will be able to manage their subscription plans in Magento 2 back-end
Hosted payment page/ Redirect payment checkout integration
- With Wepay hosted payment page, customers making purchases will be directed to Wepay’s website to fill in their payment information
- Payment details will be stored and processed on Wepay to collect payment information and charge payers. This minimizes the store owners' PCI compliance responsibilities
- Merchants using this integration method will be eligible to validate their PCI compliance using SAQ A or RoC A
- This ensures a consistent shopping experience for customers, increasing customer conversion while still reducing PCI DSS Compliance
- Merchants using this integration method will be eligible to validate their PCI compliance using SAQ A-EP or RoC A-EP
Support for pre-authorization and full authorization
- Check for customer account balance and lock that amount from being used by customer
- Wait until merchant request payment to take money from customer’s account
- Merchants should go to back-end to capture the fund
Authorize and capture
- Authorize customer account for sufficient balance
- If balance is sufficient, automatically transfer customer’s money to the merchant’s account
- Merchants can void an authorized payment and so the fund will not be transferred from customer’s account to merchant’s account
- Voided payments can be reauthorized so that the transaction might continue again
- When customers make payments, they might choose to save their card so it can be used for future purchase
- During the next purchases, customers will be able to choose from a list of their saved cards to purchase products and services without having to manually enter their card detail
- Check the Credit Card Verification Code of the credit card customers are using
- Stop the payment if the card fails to pass the verification process
Merchants can give full refunds or partial refunds (refund for specific items), depending on orders and customers
High quality products and services
When buying extensions from Magenest, you will enjoy:
- 100% open source and customizable software
- Lifetime update
- Free 6 month support
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 2.2
- Compatible with EE: 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
## [2.0.0] - 2017-10-21
1. Compatibility Magento Open Source and Magento Commerce 2.2
2. Bug fixing
- Compatible with CE: 2.1
- Compatible with EE: 2.1
- Stability: Stable Build
## [1.0.0] - 2017-09-20
1. Allow customers to checkout using Wepay Payment Gateway via Direct method or Hosted method.
2. Allow admins to easily tweak and manage payments via Wepay.
3. Enable Save Card to use later.
4. Support Subscription.
4. Support Magento 2.1