OverviewBack to top
Stripe is the fast-growing payment gateway in recent years, with a presence in 34 countries and access to 500 million customers worldwide. The company is also expanding its operation to China, which means billions more customers in the future will join the gateway.
Stripe Payment Gateway for Magento 2 extension by Magenest allows store owners to accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB, and Diners Club cards, even Bitcoin, directly on their Magneto 2 store via Stripe’s API.
Account & Pricing
To use this extension, you need to have a Stripe merchant account first. In case you haven't signed up yet, visit here for registration. After that, get the API key in your user dashboard to connect your Stripe account with your Magento 2 store.
- SCA-ready with Payment Intents API
- Support Stripe.js v3 with Stripe elements for PCI DSS v3.2 Compliance
- Support multiple payment options: Alipay, Giropay, SOFORT, iDEAL, etc.
- Support Google Pay, Apple Pay with single-tap checkout, Microsoft Pay
- MOTO Support
- Secure iFrame Payment
- Smart payment filtering algorithm
- CVV/AVS Verification
- PCI DSS Compliance Level 1
- Support 3D Secure 2.0
- Pre-authorization, authorization & capture
- Direct Refund
- Card saving
- Support multiple currencies
- Accept VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover
- Support 25 countries and 135+ currencies
- Support multi-store setups
- Support multilanguage setups
- Support subscription and recurring payments
Set Payment Filter With Machine Learning
Store managers can set up payment filter rules to categorize payments and treat them differently. For instance, you can block payments made by credit cards with orders valued over S1,000 from Vietnam.
Restrict Payment From Specific Countries
Some countries have laws that restrict the act of buying and selling certain products. Others have security reasons that make it unsafe for merchants to receive payment from there For example, you can block payment from countries where credit card hacking often takes place.
Tokenization And Saved Credit Cards
Stripe can encrypt payment info and convert them into a one-time use token, which will stop hackers from using your card. Card info can also be saved so customers will not have to retype their card numbers each time they make a purchase.
This security feature will ask customers for a PIN number to ensure cards belong to the rightful owner. This makes it difficult for hackers to intercept transactions and steal payment info when they are being sent to banks.
This function will stop payments when the CVV or AVS of a card fails to pass the verification process, even if banks may let it pass. This adds more security and eliminates dependence on banks, which might sometimes be wrong
Payment info is sent to the customer's bank to check the owner and available funds on the card. The fund is kept in the customer's bank account until a transaction cut-off date or when merchants make a request to receive payment.
Authorize & Capture
The same as authorized only, but the customer’s money will be transferred immediately to the merchant’s bank account so they do not have to wait.
- PCI Compliance: level 1 provided by Stripe
- Method: We use both API and Redirect. API submethods will call an iframe from Stripe to display on the checkout page; while Redirect submethods will redirect the user to a Stripe-managed page to make the payment
- For API submethods: customers will enter payment data on the merchant's website, in an enclosed iframe from Stripe. Redirect submethods will redirect the customer to another host.
- SAQ level: SAQ A
- Customer payment data: will be entered into input fields hosted by the payment provider - Stripe
- Customer payment data will not be stored on the Magento server
High-quality Products & Services
When buying extensions from Magenest, you enjoy:
- Open-source and customizable software
- 24/7 support
- Free 6 months update
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Adobe Commerce platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
Commerce on Cloud (ECE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
16 November, 2022
Extensions, Payments & Security
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Adobe Commerce that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.3 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.3 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on Cloud (ECE) : 2.3 2.4
- Stability: Stable Build
Magento 2.4 compatibility
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Adobe Commerce developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor