Barclaycard ePDQ Payment for Magento 2 allows your store to accept payment through the Barclaycard payment gateway and improve your brand image.
OverviewBack to top
Barclaycard is a multinational credit card issuers, with operations in 20 countries all over the world, employing 12,500 staff. 30 million customers trust and use payment service provided Barclaycard each year. With its establishment in the payment industry, Barclaycard is one of the most prestigious brands for payment card in the UK.
Therefore, by associating your store with Barclaycard brand, you will build a much more prestigious brand image in the mind of customers. When shoppers see the Barclaycard logo on your store, they will be impressed at your brand and gain more confidence in your products. Since customers have put more trust in your store, they will be more likely to buy from it, especially in an e-commerce environment where customers are more susceptible to and are skeptical of everything.
Besides increased trust, when you have Barclaycard payment gateway integrated into your store, you will be able to gain access to a huge market base of high-end customers who use Barclay. With more than 50 countries and 48 million customers, merchants will have the chance to grow their business exponentially.
To use this extension, first you need to register for a Barclaycard merchant account here. The price for Barclaycard ePDQ option starts at £24.40/month and a transaction fee of 1.5%. To see specific price policies for your store, visit Barclaycard website here.
How does it work?
- Merchants will need to contact Barclaycard to register a merchant account. After registration, you can get an API key (or PSIID) to integrate merchant account with the Magento 2 store.
- You can also apply for a test merchant account to test the payment function.
- At the checkout stage, there are two Barclaycard ePDQ methods you can choose from: Hosted payment page and Direct link
- Customers will be requested to enter their Credit Card Number, Expire Date and CVC.
- Support for all major types of payment cards
Barclaycard ePDQ supports Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, JCB, American Express. You can decide to accept or reject any types of card you don’t like.
- PCI DSS Compliance Guide
Magenest offers two methods of collecting card payment with Barclaycard ePDQ payment extension, Hosted Payment Page and API (Direct Link)
Hosted Payment Page: Under this method, customers will be redirected to the website of Barclaycard to complete their payment detail. All card info is stored on the payment gateway’s server for processing, and merchants do not store any payment detail on their part, making payment more secure. Merchants using this payment method will be eligible to validate their PCI compliance with an SAQ A form.
Direct Link: Under this method, the payment form on customer’s browser will customer payment details them back to merchant’s server. Merchant’s server will encrypt this info and send them to Barclaycard for further processing. This allows merchants to handle more customers since data is stored and processed on their server; however, merchants will have to bear a wider security scope. Merchants using this method will have to validate their compliance using SAQ D form.
- Highly secured payment with 3D secure
Barclaycard Hosted Payment will require an additional customer security number when they make payment. This will add another security layer that prevents hackers from using customer’ stolen cards.
- 2 methods for processing payments
Check payment info for the ability to pay but still keep it in customer’s bank account until a request for transfer or cut-off date.
Authorize and capture
Work the same as Authorize only but will immediately transfer customer’s fund to merchant’s bank account.
- Build a luxury brand image
By using Barclaycard ePDQ as your payment gateway, your store will have a more premium look and gain trust from customers.
- Access customers from 50 countries in the Barclaycard Network
Thanks to a large customer network that Barclaycard has built over the year, you can reach a larger market base with Barclaycard ePDQ.
+ Choose between Authorize Only or Authorize and Capture.
+ New order status.
+ Email customer.
+ Allowed credit card types.
+ Easily capture, cancel and refund payments.
+ Easily check-out using payment cards.
+ Protect information.
High-quality products and services
When buying extensions from Magenest, you might enjoy:
- 100% open source and customizable software
- 24/7 support
- Free 6 month update
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 2.1 2.2
- Compatible with EE: 2.1 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
## 1.3.0 - 2017-12-18
#### HPP method:
- Fix payment follow
- Only need input notification url
- Fix bug sent email when payment pending
- Add more pay status
- Add more look & feel param to customize static payment page
- Remove url pay in config
#### Direct link method:
- Add option select 3d secure
## 1.2.0 - 2017-11-04
- Compatible with Magento 2.1 2.2 CE EE
- Fix bug hash code.
## 1.0.2 - 2017-02-18
- Direct-link payment method
- Capture order
- Refund order
- Cancel order
- Fix checkout page.
- Fix config page exception
- Change config page more usable.
- Compatible with CE: 2.1
- Compatible with EE: 2.1
- Stability: Stable Build
## 1.0.0 - [2016-12-24]
### Initial Release
- Support Redirect Payment, improve security.
- Customer can Authorize Payment only or Authorize and Capture immediately.
- Two step validate response.
- Support Sha-up to 512 bit Encryption to improve security even more.