Delete Orders extension helps to delete orders through the backend easily. Delete orders with just one click.
OverviewBack to top
Imagine this scenario: You have a Magento project to develop, you created a Magento theme and placed the initial products and categories. You also also placed some test orders to see if the Shipping and Payment methods work as expected. Everything seems to be cool and the client wishes to launch the site. You launch it. When you enter the administration for the first time after the launch, you see all your test orders. You know those should be deleted. But how?
If you try to delete orders in the backend, you will find out that you can only set the status to “cancelled” and the order is still there. Unfortunately, Magento doesn’t enable us to delete those via the admn/ so you will not see a “Delete order” button. This can be quite frustrating to both the developers and the merchants. People coming from an SAP world find the inability to delete orders to have some merit but there should be a status that removes the sales count from the reports (i.e. sales, inventory, etc.) With Delete Orders Extension for Magento by MageHit, you can delete orders in a safe way without any danger of losing data.
Some of the awesome features of Delete Orders Extension for Magento
- Allow deleting the bulk of Orders, Invoices, Shipments and Credit Memos from the order list page
- Allow deleting order with any status
- Allow you to Enable/Disable Delete Orders Extension through backend
- Does not override any Core classes or template file
- Very easy to install and use
- Allow you easily to Enable/Disable Delete Orders Extension through backend
Other features of Delete Orders Extension
- Easy to install, easy to upgrade, just copy to use
- Friendly and flexible configuration
- Support multiple languages, multiple stores
- 100% open-source
Delete Orders Extension Questions?
I installed the extension and got the “404 not found” page in the backend. How to solve this? OR After installed the extension, I got an "Access denied" message when accessing the Configuration in Backend. How to solve this?
If you got this problem, please do as follows:
- Go to System -> Cache Management and clear cache
- Log out from Admin Panel
- Log in back
Support and Discussion
Please contact us at MageHit Helpdesk in case you have any problem with our extensions.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with CE: 1.6 1.6.1 18.104.22.168 1.7 1.8 1.8.1 1.9 1.9.1 1.9.2 1.9.3
- Stability: Stable Build
- Delete Order extension version 0.1.1