OverviewBack to top
In this digital era, Social media like WhatsApp & E-commerce are increasingly entangled in our lives, one of the main goals of all businesses is to build a loyal customer base. Once you obtain satisfied customers who are vocal about their positive purchase experience within your store, social media will turn into a great medium for them to express & show their love towards the product or service they have used. Having customer mention of your business socially will help you to gain a potential customer and Increases your brand visibility. Indirectly it leads to higher conversion rates and improved Search Engine Rankings. To take full advantage, it’s necessary to offer multiple social media sharing service to your loyal customers. Nowadays, among all available mediums, WhatsApp is effectively popping out from the bunch of lists.
WhatsApp Share Extension for Magento 2 by MageComp let store customer easily share store product details using popular cross-platform social media app WhatsApp. The extension allows a customer to share detailed product information like product name, description, URL, price, special price, and coupon code as well. Store admin can choose an option to display WhatsApp share button only on a mobile device if needed. From the store backend, admin can change or modify WhatsApp push message text at any time. Also, the extension is highly configurable and allows you to pick convenient sharing product fields as per your business need.
Account & Pricing:
To make use of this extension, you need to have WhatsApp account. If you already have one, you can use your existing WhatsApp account else you can Download WhatsApp & sign up. WhatsApp offers completely FREE services to their users for sending & receiving messages.
- Convenient option to enable or disable the extension.
- Option to enable sharing facility for all categories or selected categories as per need.
- You can add or remove WhatsApp Sharing fields as per your convenience.
- Easy option to set custom labels for name, description, price, special price and discount.
- You can easily limit description characters length from store backend.
- Three different sizes for WhatsApp share button: small, medium and large.
- Backend option to add a custom message to send along with product details.
- Encourage your customers to purchase by sending coupon code along with product details.
- You use Bit.ly API to shorten product URL that sent over WhatsApp.
- Option to enable UTM tracking to analyze the Traffic and links shared using WhatsApp.
- Works on both desktop and mobile to share the product from respective WhatsApp web or app.
- Extension works with both multilingual as well as for multistore.
How it Works:
Once you integrate this extension, first you have to enable it from the backend. After that you need to make choice to whether to enable extension for all categories or for a specific category. You can display WhatsApp share button for mobile device only by making simple dropdown selection. The extension allows you to enable or disable WhatsApp sharing elements from backend. Whenever user click on ‘WhatsApp Share’ button from the frontend, he or she will be automatically get redirected to WhatsApp web or App from respective device. The extension will automatically send the default share message to selected contact with the enable product fields as per backend configurations.
Have a Technical issue with our Extension? We are here to Help! - Submit a Ticket
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Adobe Commerce platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current), 2.0 (obsolete), 2.1 (obsolete), 2.2 (obsolete)
Commerce on prem (EE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
Commerce on Cloud (ECE): 2.3 (current), 2.4 (current)
31 March, 2022
Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, IE
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Adobe Commerce that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on prem (EE) : 2.3 2.4
- Compatible with Commerce on Cloud (ECE) : 2.3 2.4
- Stability: Stable Build
- Compatible with Magento Standard
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Adobe Commerce developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor