OverviewBack to top
Nowadays, shoppers are tending to pay in their local currency instead of global store currency else they will go to another store. That's why considering User convenience and allowing them to pay using local currency helps to turn the customer into returning customers.
Also, finding & switching store currency requires user efforts. At that time using GeoIP Currency Switcher Extension by MageComp helps store owner identify a user’s location & change default store currency to their available local store currency based on their geographical IP location.
Account & Pricing
The extension uses the Maxmind database, which is entirely FREE and open source. Also, you don't need to create a separate account for downloading database, you can directly download at one click from the extension. Basically, MaxMind provides IP intelligence through the GeoIP brand. Over 5,000 companies use GeoIP data to locate their Internet visitors and show them relevant content.
- Easy option to enable or disable as per convenience.
- The extension will automatically identify the customer’s location for switching store currency to available Geo currency.
- Completely open source & does not affect any core files.
- The extension works flawlessly across all browsers for changing the language.
- No programming skills are required for installation.
- Its simple, secure and reliable solution for changing currency based on the user's location.
How It Works:
After installing this extension inside your Magento store, you need to enable it from the backend, and that's it. Now, the extension will work simultaneously without the admin or user efforts for changing store currency.
Live Extension Demo:
Have a Technical issue with our Extension? We are here to Help! - Submit a Ticket
Technical SpecificationsBack to top
Magento platform compatibility
Open Source (CE): 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3
10 June, 2019
Extensions, Content & Customizations, Translations & Localization
Quality ReportBack to top
All tests were conducted on the latest versions of Magento that existed for the compatible release lines at the moment of the extension submission. Latest versions of all other software were used, as applicable.
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.1 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
- Compatible with Latest Magento 2.3.x.
- Added option to allow manual currency switch from the frontend.
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.0 2.1 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build
SupportBack to top
The best place to start if you need help with a specific extension is to contact the developer. All Magento developers have both a contact email and a support email listed.Contact Vendor