Cash On Delivery Verification extension by MageComp helps store owner to avoid bogus & fake orders by verifying customers mobile number when they prefer COD payment.
OverviewBack to top
The most popular mode of payments for an online store is Cash on Delivery because the customers do not like to pay anything before the products are in hand. However, when store owners are trying to make it easy for store customers to order products using Cash on Delivery payment method, they have to face several issues in the form on cancellations, unwanted fake & fraud Cash on Delivery orders. That increase overall operational cost & shipping charges for store admin. At that time, by verifying the customer mobile number while checkout, you can ensure that your Cash on Delivery orders are legitimate before you ship them out.
Cash on Delivery Verification Extension for Magento 2 by MageComp helps the admin to verify their customer billing address number using OTP (One time Password) to ensure genuine Cash on Delivery orders. When any customer chooses Cash on Delivery payment method while checkout, the extension will ask a customer to verify their mobile number with secure OTP to complete the order. Using this strategy, store owner can reduce bogus order and save up to 30 to 50% operation costs compared to the previous term.
Note: Right now, Cash on Delivery Verification Extension for Magento 2 is only compatible with Msg91, BulkSMS, and Twilio SMS gateways. But we have integrated 30+ SMS Gateways APIs with our extension & you can also ask us for your preferred SMS gateway apart from this list by contacting us.
Account & Pricing:
To make use of this extension, you have to create an account for the Gateway you choose. Enter your SMS Gateway API details into backend configuration for connecting your Magento 2.x store with SMS service provider. Below are 3 supported gateways with our extension, depending on your business needs, you can purchase credits from any of them by clicking below link.
SMS Gateway Signup Links & Pricing:
- Option to enable or disable the extension.
- Backend option to set the custom title to display in store frontend.
- Admin can set custom OTP String type and length using backend options.
- You can also set custom Send and Resend OTP text.
- Backend Dropdown API selection to send OTP messages.
- Built-in Sandbox testing mode to test extension functionality.
- The customer can also resend OTP if they haven't received at first.
- The extension will also works with guest checkout to verify billing address mobile number while placing an order.
- For a registered customer, once they verified their billing address mobile number, then the extension will no longer ask to verify it again during checkout.
How it works:
Once you have installed the extension, enable it from the store backend. Select your preferred SMS Gateway and fill required details. You can also set your own title to display on store frontend and set custom OTP message for Send OTP and Resend OTP text. The extension comes with a built-in sandbox mode to test an extension functionality before making it live. You can also set the custom OTP string type and length if needed. Once you configured extension from the backend, it will start asking your customer to verify their mobile number each time before placing an order using Cash on Delivery payment method. The extension will no longer ask a registered customer to verify their mobile number again if they have already verified once.
Have a Look at our Live Extension Demo:
Have a Technical issue with our Extension? We are here to Help! - Submit a Ticket
Release NotesBack to top
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3
- Stability: Stable Build
- Compatible with Latest Magento 2.3.x
- Compatible with Open Source (CE) : 2.0 2.1 2.2
- Stability: Stable Build